Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jummah Prayer problem?

Salaam Brothers and Sisters,

I have a slight problem praying on a friday. The reason is because I normally finish college at 12:55pm however, I can't make it to the mosque on time. However, they hold Jummah prayers in the school but the thing is I don't feel comfortable praying in the school. They have a khutbah but it's only read in full English.. Also, if I don't pray would I be able to make it up by praying (notJummahprayer) at home?

Any suggestions? Jazak..

Comment

Re: Jummah Prayer problem?

So the hadith where Muhammed (saw) said that whoever misses 3 jummahs in a row is out of the fold of Islam is not true?:scratch:

I hate believeing in some hadiths for such long time only to find out that they don't apply!

Comment

ask if you can leave your lesson abit earlier if there is a masjid close by? why dont you like praying at college?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Balboa View Post
          So the hadith where Muhammed (saw) said that whoever misses 3 jummahs in a row is out of the fold of Islam is not true?:scratch:

I hate believeing in some hadiths for such long time only to find out that they don't apply!

Everything is not black and white, have to understand science and tasfir of ahadiths, if one doesnt then any layman interprets it.

Comment

You have to pray Jummah.

Being Hanafi and taking the opinion the kutbah has to be arabic, leaves you with one choice only. Leaving school early.
            OR research into the matter, realise, doing the kutbah in english has no issues, and pray there.

Comment

Originally posted by adam101 View Post
              Salaam Brothers and Sisters,

I have a slight problem praying on a friday. The reason is because I normally finish college at 12:55pm however, I can't make it to the mosque on time. However, they hold Jummah prayers in the school but the thing is I don't feel comfortable praying in the school. They have a khutbah but it's only read in full English.. Also, if I don't pray would I be able to make it up by praying (notJummahprayer) at home?

Any suggestions? Jazak..
              Don't they (Your School Imaam in Jamaah) read the basic portions of the Khutba in Arabic?

If I am not mistaken the basic portions of the Jummah in Arabic have to be read, otherwise the Jummah Salah is not correct.

Try and leave School early, or speak to your Imaam and tell him to read the Jummah Khutba at least the very basic portion which is said in every Khutba in Arabic.

either way you have to pray Jummah Salah.

:jkk:
              Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 12-02-10, 01:57 AM.
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Balboa View Post
                So the hadith where Muhammed (saw) said that whoever misses 3 jummahs in a row is out of the fold of Islam is not true?:scratch:I hate believeing in some hadiths for such long time only to find out that they don't apply!
                If it is an authentic Saheeh Hadith then it's True,

If am not mistaken there is a Hadith which says that Missing Jummah 3 times in a Row, causes a seal to be placed upon the Heart ...

:jkk:
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Praise be to Allaah.

The fuqaha’ are unanimously agreed that it is better for the khutbah to be in Arabic, but they differed as to whether that is essential. There are three points of view:

1-

That it is essential for it to be in Arabic for the one who is able to do that, even if the listeners do not know Arabic.

This is the view of the Maalikis and it is the well-known view of the Hanbalis.

See: al-Fawaakih al-Diwaani (1/306) and Kashshaaf al-Qinaa’ (2/34).

2-

That it is essential for it to be in Arabic for the one who is able to do that, unless none of the listeners know Arabic, in which case he should give the khutbah in their language.

This is the correct view according to the Shaafa’is, and it is the view of some of the Hanbalis.

See: al-Majmoo’ by al-Nawawi (4/522).

3-

It is mustahabb for the khutbah to be in Arabic but it is not essential, and the khateeb may deliver the khutbah in his own language instead of Arabic. This is the view of Abu Haneefah and some of the Shaafa’is.

See: Radd al-Muhtaar (1/543) and al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (19/180).

Comment

Working...
                  X