Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is grilling chicken ok?

Hey guys,
    I normally have my chicken breasts simply oven cooked but this gets bland and boring pretty quick so for a change I sliced them down the middle and grilled them with a little low fat cheese on for flavour and extra calories,they tasted sooooo much better but does grilling them do anything to there protein content and value?

Re: Is grilling chicken ok?

Originally posted by symondneil View Post
    Hey guys,
    I normally have my chicken breasts simply oven cooked but this gets bland and boring pretty quick so for a change I sliced them down the middle and grilled them with a little low fat cheese on for flavour and extra calories,they tasted sooooo much better but does grilling them do anything to there protein content and value?
    Nobody is here who can give the answer of my question ..

__________________________________________________ ___

veterinary clinic

Comment

Dont know about the answer, but sounds nice mashaAllah!! lol

Comment

I doubt it makes that much of a difference. Always grill mine, leave it marinated, and grill it.. Tastes alot better than the oven.
        SPREAD OF EVIL
        ZIONISM
        BOLLYWOOD

Comment

i don't think the protein value is affected, it more how you cook it that counts as frying it in oil will result in more fatty acids then grilling it. try making a stir fry or chicken salad.,or chicken salad in pitta bread like nandos.
          From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

salamz, grilling it is actually healthier becuz all the fat drains out leaving only pure protein. not tht there is much fat in chicken breasts to begin with. but to answer ur question, grilling is one of the best options to go with!
            watch your thoughts, they become words
            watch your words, they become actions
            watch your actions, they become character
            watch your character, it becomes destiny!

Comment

How about skewed kebab (marinade the chicken breast first) with mushroom, capsicum and union? or minced it and make chicken burger?

Or try this recipe
              marinade chicken breast with olive oil, black pepper, salt, BBQ spices, rosemary, add button mushroom and wrap your marinaded chicken with the chopped button mushroom in aluminum foil and oven cook it lol. I tried it before but not with chicken breast, and the cooking process makes the chicken absorb not only the spices but also the earthly aroma and taste of the mushroom. Have it with baked potato or mashed potato:up:

or alternatively, you can marinade your chicken breast with salt and pepper, then fry it in olive oil (not deep fry). then make white mushroom sauce and eat it with mashed potato:D

Comment

Hey guys,
                no the protein content of the chicken will be the same, but adding cheese will add some extra protein and calories to your meal

grilling chiken is ok lol
                " O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. "
                Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                  How about skewed kebab (marinade the chicken breast first) with mushroom, capsicum and union? or minced it and make chicken burger?

Or try this recipe
                  marinade chicken breast with olive oil, black pepper, salt, BBQ spices, rosemary, add button mushroom and wrap your marinaded chicken with the chopped button mushroom in aluminum foil and oven cook it lol. I tried it before but not with chicken breast, and the cooking process makes the chicken absorb not only the spices but also the earthly aroma and taste of the mushroom. Have it with baked potato or mashed potato:up:

or alternatively, you can marinade your chicken breast with salt and pepper, then fry it in olive oil (not deep fry). then make white mushroom sauce and eat it with mashed potato:D
                  Do you fancy cooking this for me, this thread is making me hungry.
                  From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

You can eat chicken any way you like. The protein can be distorted via different cooking methods, but your digestive system breaks proteins down to their constituent amino acids and it is these that are used as building blocks to make proteins within your body (muscle etc). So basically the units that make protein are unchanged.

Grilling is good and quick. If you even throw some chicken on a foreman grill it comes out really nice, if you put the right powders/marinades on. It can be made in under 10 minutes.

Fish is the best, and i'm not just saying that because I'm Bengali lol

Comment

Grilling is good for you, it'll definitely retain the protein and as things cook fairly quickly in the grill, it retains more nutrients. I don't have a grill in my house and I miss it:(
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Hey guys,

Grilllll grilllll grilll... ITS great...
                        I just brought the George Forman grilll and am in LOve.....
                        Grill ur chicken and season it...seasoning it isnt fattening...
                        grill it and enjoy. any grilled food does not contain fat so enjoy.
                        BELLA:o

Comment

Originally posted by pearl44uk View Post
                          Do you fancy cooking this for me, this thread is making me hungry.
                          No. it's not that difficult to make:o

Comment

Working...
                          X