• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MuslimAgorist
    replied
    Re: Gore-Tex Oversocks

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
    reading in the link about leather socks, are they really tough underneath. ive been reading a lot lately about running barefoot and dont fancy it around my way. does anyone think these would give protection to the foot but feel like your barefoot?
    I think they would give you more protection that regular socks, even leather socks from rough surfaces. But not sharp surfaces. There is a slightly thicker material on the bottom, and the fabric is thin enough to feel like your running barefoot. They'd protect your feet from water, or hot sand, and the wear of running on smooth road, but you'll feel every pebble.

Leave a comment:

• Al Chachi
    replied

Originally posted by MuslimAgorist View Post
    For those who are not happy with the disadvantages of leather socks, but also doubtful of the validity of wiping thin cotton socks, I have a suggestion that combines the best of both options. Gore-Tex oversocks are waterproof socks designed to keep your feet warm and dry during outdoor activities such as hiking in creeks or snowboarding. They are just as durable as leather, but have the thickness and fabric look of dress socks.

Read More
    I have been using sealskins water proof socks instead. They are excellent and fit the criteria for Khuffs for doing massa (wiping over) whilst doing wudu. I bought mine from Millets.

http://www.sealskinz-sport.com/produ...products_id=31

Leave a comment:

• SILURES
    replied

reading in the link about leather socks, are they really tough underneath. ive been reading a lot lately about running barefoot and dont fancy it around my way. does anyone think these would give protection to the foot but feel like your barefoot?

Leave a comment:

• MuslimAgorist
    started a topic Gore-Tex Oversocks

Gore-Tex Oversocks

For those who are not happy with the disadvantages of leather socks, but also doubtful of the validity of wiping thin cotton socks, I have a suggestion that combines the best of both options. Gore-Tex oversocks are waterproof socks designed to keep your feet warm and dry during outdoor activities such as hiking in creeks or snowboarding. They are just as durable as leather, but have the thickness and fabric look of dress socks.

Read More
Working...
X