Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Islamic Revival?

ameen

I've found with articles and lectures (not necessarily by muslims but non-muslims on any topic really) anyone can use fanciful language, ideas and inject life and character into a speech

what stands out and remains with you from any of the above is the truth, it is sweet and above all else sticks in your hearts and minds
    Last edited by Macchiato; 09-02-10, 03:24 PM.
    Hasbun Allah Wa Ni'mal Wakeel - NeVeR LoSe HoPe In Allah
    Trusting in Allah won't make the mountain smaller, but will make climbing easier. Do not ask Him for a lighter load, but ask Him for a stronger back

www.CAGEPRISONERS.com
    - www.youtube.com/7macchiato7

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
      This is a very difficult question and you've got to think large scale.

Since 9/11 and 7/7 bombings..Islamaphobia (even though it was present before) began to take on form and structure....so in other words...'islamaphobia' is now supported by researchers, writers, financiers..academics..politicians...racists....so and so forth. Not only this...there are Muslims just as eagerly and effectively helping the Islamophobia industry to stereotype and marginalize their own brothers and sisters....an example would be that ridiculous mpac article someone put up on ummah where a muslim was criticizing the niqab. -

I agree, it existed before, 9/11 and 7/7 in our case, as MMS said has been a catalysis in its strategic form.

So in a sense....the ummah is far too disunited and we seem to spend more time quarrelling about minor issues....than looking at the 'bigger picture'. If Muslims make the right choices today than the future is bright because Muslim countries are blessed with such amazing riches....for instance, i think, over 50percent of the mineral wealth of the planet lies under our countries. The ummah is fortunate to have so many doctors....thousands of engineers.....scientists....teachers...intellectua ls......WE spend BILLIONS and BILLIONS on technology.....but we are still humilated and our people are still destroyed. The truth is, we should wake up every morning and think of the situations in Palestine..in Kashmir...in Bosnia...Chechnya.....Darfur..etc. In fact I attended a talk today and the brother reminded us that we WILL be held accountable for doing nothing...and we WILL be asked by Allah..what did YOU do when so and so was suffering? Where were you?

Ok, so your pointing out a lack of brotherhood. A Lack of motivation or self importance in solving the problems of the Ummah. But what can we realistically do for those places? Raise money? Give support; tackle the problem from the other end of the stick by going through means such as writing letters and boycotts of certain countries?? These are all small scale, individual tasks we can all do in order to make a change or rather is it, to make our self feel better that we've done something? The most powerful thing we can do is to make Dua, whilst doing all of these things, we should not forget that it was not the case of our might or power that we won a war/battle , rather it was by the Will of Allah, as you will agree, and the fact that the muslims themselves were of a different Kind. Which can link back to your first point of unity...and later points of education

I dont think the revival has reached a stage....because there is far too much tribalism...far too much division in our ummah based on colour, rank, school of thought, organisation..and so forth. What the ummah needs more than anything is Muslims who are true, who are sincere and who do not 'forget' the more important things in life. We need people who look beyond colour.....beyond language.... people who do not scandalize other believers and struggle with each other for power (which is so so so prevalent in todays society)....we need people who are part of our society, but not controlled by un-Islamic culture...and people who are not afraid to speak openly and who do not take parts of the Quran out of context. And yes education does play a major part...because without education....this leaves room for ignorance..and misinterpretation which is again so prevalent. Muslims need to educate each other and others in order to dispel misconceptions.

You have highlighted a desire for power, a problem of unity and lack of education. Your first misunderstanding regarding unity, is that, the schools of thought were ever an issue. This is not something which causes divisions, and it was never an issue in the early days of islam, when some of the sahabah may have differed with others, they were still side by side.

The issue like you mentioned here is the lack of education in the issue of Al walaa wal baraa, because it is only after this has been instilled in the minds of the Muslims, they will realise that , regardless of the differences of the muslims , as long as he or she is still within islam, they have a right to Love from eachother, alliance and support.

The issue of misinterpretation can also be solved by the lack of education within the islamic sciences and authentic traditional, orthodox islam.

However, I think its relevant to mention that, the battle of minds which is currently taking place and the issues mentioned above, are not a problem, why? because these have been highlighted by many people of knowledge and the Ummah is becoming proactive, instead or reactive. Not enough in my opinion, but to deny the revival taking shape or form, is to deny the its existence, which you do I think

But nothing you have mentioned, proves that, rather, you've highlighted issues and problem, and this is half of the solution, therefore the fact you have understood these issues is Proof to the fact the REVIVAL has begun

How long with this take? To be honest...it doesn't matter and it is not important. What counts is that we work towards it.....since by the will of Allah Subhana wa taaalah, Islam has survived its darkest hour.... and by Allah's will, it can again spread its light to every corner of the earth.
      How long, is irrelevant as you said, and no it does not matter, we work towards something for the sake of Allah, and we do not look at the outcome or expect it, that is left in the Hands of Allah azzwajal. But remember one thing, islam was spread to the ends of the world, by the most simplest of men, against the super powers and most advanced of that time, they were prosecuted, there was no Islamic land, yet they established it. Like Babar said, and something the people of knowledge have highlighted is the comparison between our state, and how it was back then....if they did it then, we can do it now, because we know Islam will prevail, that is a fact. So Time is irrelevant, the final conclusion is already writen its how we get there..is the issue.

Comment

We pay little heed to our native spiritual resources and our own intellectual heritage; instead, we think first of importing foreign principles and methods, or borrowing customs and laws from across the deserts and beyond the seas... we turn our eyes to Europe, America, or Russia, and we expect to import from there solutions to our problems- Sayid Qutub.

Comment

Bump-

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
            We pay little heed to our native spiritual resources and our own intellectual heritage; instead, we think first of importing foreign principles and methods, or borrowing customs and laws from across the deserts and beyond the seas... we turn our eyes to Europe, America, or Russia, and we expect to import from there solutions to our problems- Sayid Qutub.
            Is it possible to turn our eyes to Europe or America and expect to import from there solutions to our problems when they are very much the cause?

Comment

Exactly. Sayid Qutub was indeed a Very clever man.

Comment

Exactly. Sayid Qutub was indeed a Very clever man.
                Mashaallah! May Allah bless him! ameen!

Comment

He's dead. Died Shaheed inshaAllah. You never heard of him before? Never read milestones? your missing out.

Comment

He's dead. Died Shaheed inshaAllah. You never heard of him before? Never read milestones? your missing out.
                    Allah have mercy on him! ameen! Nope, it seems i am. Milestones? I'm assuming thats a book? Do you have a link you can share?

Comment

OMG! you dont know about Sayid Qutub? *shock*

‘Sayyid Qutb was an outstanding personality from amongst the great figures of Islamic thought, from the
                      men of contemporary Islamic Awakening….He possessed the true Imaanic stance, a person of Jihad,
                      struggle, sacrifice, and sincerity to the Ummah. He enriched the Islamic heritage with masterpieces of work
                      from literature and thought.’

‘I say that there is a chapter in this book (Milestones) which is of great benefit, called ‘La ilaha illallah minhaj
                      hayah’……he (Sayyid Qutb) has written some words which I believe are like light from light ilham
                      (inspiration)’

‘Sayyid Qutb is….‘the most famous personality of the Muslim world in the second half of the 20th century.’

‘Sayyid Qutb based his life upon, and what he dedicated his pen for: the Da’wah (call) towards Tawhid
                      (monotheism) of Allah “in ruling and legislating,” rejecting the man-made laws, and confronting those who
                      committed that (legislating and ruling by other than Allah’s rule).’

‘Sayyid Qutb (is) among the scholars of the Muslims and among the people of da'wah. Allah has brought
                      benefit by (him) and through (him) He has guided many people.’

‘Sayyid Qutb (in) his now-celebrated book, Ma'alim fi'l-tareeq (Milestones)……..denounces the existing order
                      in Muslim societies as Jahiliyyahh, provides guidelines for Muslim activists and describes the steps they must
                      take to establish a society based on divine guidance.’

‘….We heard that the death sentence….on Imam Shahid Sayyid Qutb…..had been carried out….Such a great
                      loss. Sayyid Qutb….a man who held fast to his religion, trusting in Allah’s victory. Read Milestones to find
                      out why Sayyid (Qutb) was executed.’
                      Last edited by aG123; 09-02-10, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Sub7anallah! Come to think of it his name sounds familiar but in all honesty i have never come across his legendary work. (dont rub it in, im already distraught)
                        So Milestons...The hunt begins... any direction?

Comment

How long, is irrelevant as you said, and no it does not matter, we work towards something for the sake of Allah, and we do not look at the outcome or expect it, that is left in the Hands of Allah azzwajal. But remember one thing, islam was spread to the ends of the world, by the most simplest of men, against the super powers and most advanced of that time, they were prosecuted, there was no Islamic land, yet they established it. Like Babar said, and something the people of knowledge have highlighted is the comparison between our state, and how it was back then....if they did it then, we can do it now, because we know Islam will prevail, that is a fact. So Time is irrelevant, the final conclusion is already writen its how we get there..is the issue.
                          Hmm in response to your earlier post...I agree but I also disagree to an extent. As Muslims….as individuals within a community…we need to sit down and think about the situation of the ummah…and decide what the illness is, what are the symptoms and how can we cure it?

Nationalism...tribalism…different ethnicities, languages…labels…and so forth…these are all diseases and are the major reasons WHY the ummah is so disunited. If we keep sugar coating these issues…then we will be heading nowhere. These ‘may’ lead to differences among us…but in fact…they should be a reason for our strength as an Ummah. In reality, this variety that we have…the different backgrounds …the different languages that we speak…should be source of strength and not a source of weakness – which it is, if we look at the current situation of the Muslims today.

So I guess we have to start within our own communities and dispel misconceptions that way. But before all this…I honestly do believe that Islam starts in the home…so first step is to bring change in yourself. Then again, you might say as Muslims we are constantly striving to become better Muslim's and we will never reach perfection, so there must be something we can do at the same time to aid the ummah? However the fact is….it is evident in the Quran that the first Muslims had attained that high position in life… because of the purity and strength of their faith and the excellence of their character. But today…we seem to be Muslims ‘by name’ only. It even says in the Quran that ‘An era will come in the near future when Islam will exist merely in name and Quran will exist merely in phrase.’

So what’s really needed is to begin with an honest, sincere and objective analysis of our intentions and of the present situation and likewise a pragmatic solution. And this depends entirely upon the perseverance and collective effort of every one of us. In this sense…we need to be active and stand firm in the path of Allah. By active... I don’t just mean men…women make up half of the ummah and there is more to us than cooking food in the kitchen. I think women can do a lot for the community…as teachers…as writers…as social workers…as speakers…so and so forth...whilst at the same time maintaining their home duties which should be their priority 100%. Likewise I have so much respect for brothers who work day in and day out for the betterment of the ummah…..compared to someone who works for himself only and earns a lot of money in the process. Money is nothing compared to the reward and sacrifice and pleasure and comfort you get for guiding and helping people to move on the right path of Islam…for getting rid of misconceptions….for helping others. If each and every one of us thought like this…then our efforts and perseverance may gather momentum and allow for bigger and higher performances Inshallah.
                          Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

I agree. Its a domino effect, once one is effected, they effect another and then another untill be go from person to family to community. I agree that the issues are not to be brushed under the carpet and its everyone job etc to push for this change. However Then your agreeing with me, that the revival has begun, and is in its stage of being found...the initial stages?? the Darkness which will lead to the light??

Wont the fact, that people understand their role in the wider scale revival, help in making everyone feel apart of it and thus make them work harder towards it??
                            So youve understood this, you tell 10 more people, you plan a project and an event. it tells 100 people. you raise money and awareness. by the third or fourth event, youve effected 1000 people and these 1000 effect their homes and then thats 5000 people average and these 5000 network etc...this invisable network of ideas which is created is the essence of what the activists should being doing.

Islam has given us so much, even structure in how to caputure and network with people. The firday kutbah in every masjid is a tool the non muslims would die for. Yet we have people going to a kutbah and leaving with nothing understood let alone gained.

Sisters, like you said play a very key role, if not the most important role. The fact that, they were the mothers of the next generation, the power of tomorrow is with them by the will of Allah over the thought process of the children within the household. And No, im not saying all sisters should do is sit at home, your right, sisters play a larger role, within the local community and via ways which brothers just seem to be rubbish at or are lacking in.

We need diversity, we need the best in each field, we need people in the media, we need people in education, we need people everywhere, once we have those people who are not willing to compromise on issues of the deen, practise and accept orthodox islam, and this invisable network of ideas is created is when in my opinion we will be at a stronger stage. This is however not to rule out the main cause of victory which is from Allah and the faith each and everyone of people in the network holds.
                            Last edited by aG123; 10-02-10, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I agree. Its a domino effect, once one is effected, they effect another and then another untill be go from person to family to community. I agree that the issues are not to be brushed under the carpet and its everyone job etc to push for this change. However Then your agreeing with me, that the revival has begun, and is in its stage of being found...the initial stages?? the Darkness which will lead to the light??
                              I don't think I stated there was no revival...just that it hasn't reached a decent stage. Gradual steps Inshallah.

Wont the fact, people understand they are apart of the wider scale revival, help in making everyone feel apart of it and thus make them work harder towards it?
                              Yeah I guess that would be a source of motivation.

Sisters, like you said play a very key role, if not the most important role. The fact that, they were the mothers of the next generation, the power of tomorrow is with them by the will of Allah over the thought process of the children within the household. And No, im not saying all sisters should do is sit at home, your right, sisters play a larger role, within the local community and via ways which brothers just seem to be rubbish at or are lacking in.
                              Which relates to my point where I said...Islam should start in the home upon the Quran and Sunnah. And I agree..women have so much more to contribute..if only we didn't limit ourselves.
                              Last edited by Kubs; 10-02-10, 12:33 AM.
                              Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                                I will answer you in short.
                                You are with us or against us.
                                Allahu Akbar

Comment

Working...
                                X