Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic Revival?

Asalamualaykum..

In the 1990's the older brothers always say, there was a revival at uni's with lecture halls being packed with 300+ people a lecture and the masjid was packed for the classes and other then this.

In the 2000's its the weekend organisations which have somewhat taken over and are now the leading organisation in the revival rather then the Isoc's.

There are some local masajid that have classes and are active. but others,with the old problem of "the comity" playing apart in the confinement of the islamic revival. especially in the light of 9/11 and more so after 7/7.

So what stage do you think the revival has reached? where do you think it is going? Do you think its happening in the right way? wrong way? How do you think the social and political climate is effecting it?

Discuss.

Re: Islamic Revival?

I will answer you in short.
    You are with us or against us.
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

I dont get it.

I personally think, the revival is in a early stage, with a wide spectrum of people being effected. Even though I old opinion regarding these, they are playing a key role. a new audience has been reached with the semi practising and it's great to see mashAllah. However with these and others taking certain political stances on subjects and solutions to problems facing the muslims, I'm not to sure if this will lead to the wrong type of revival.

Comment

I will elaborate this stance not only in UK but the whole wide world, Muslims were given more space, and the concept was one, but after 9/11 it got more tight brothers dont have the space they had before to explain the deen, and in order to get this space you have to refrain from some topics.
        And most of the sincere people of the field are detained.
        islamway

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
          I will elaborate this stance not only in UK but the whole wide world, Muslims were given more space, and the concept was one, but after 9/11 it got more tight brothers dont have the space they had before to explain the deen, and in order to get this space you have to refrain from some topics.
          And most of the sincere people of the field are detained.
          So..how is that effcting the revival and whats the way forward in your opinion? where do you see it going and where do you want it to go? youve stated the social and current politcal climate but what effects are these having. thats the main topic of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
            So..how is that effcting the revival and whats the way forward in your opinion? where do you see it going and where do you want it to go? youve stated the social and current politcal climate but what effects are these having. thats the main topic of discussion.
            Well, in the past it was " All Muslims are good" no one knew the good from the bad, nowadays, its the either black or white. The people of truth against hypocrites.

However it's heading towards the better, we are not talking quantitatively, but quality. the quantity has decreased but the quality of the few has risen.

The new revival of the deen will be through Jihaad, as prophet Mohamed pbuh said.
            islamway

Comment

I see the 'Islamic Revival' as a lot of people call it getting stronger, especially in the youth. I now see brothers as young as 12 eager to come to talks. The Masjids are packed for Jummah, at the weekend and especially during Ramadan. I see so many bros not afraid to grow their beard. I see so many bros not afraid to be Muslims and take to the streets to give dawah. I see so many sisters, of all ages, not afraid to wear the hijab and lastly, i personally know so many good, pious Muslim families. MashaAllah!

Its funny, the more the western countries show hate towards Muslims and Islam the stronger the Muslims love for Islam becomes.

Allahu Akbar!

Comment

revival started few years after 9/11 alhamdulillah
                Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
                koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Comment

In what sense. what stage is it at now then and where is it going? or is everyone praying or working towards an undefined goal of the revival in the west?

Comment

all their hating is fuel to our fire
                    Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
                    koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Comment

A day will come were muslims will turn from speakers to doers.
                      islamway

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
                        or is everyone praying or working towards an undefined goal of the revival in the west?
                        I think people are praying and working towards a total manifestation of the will of our creator Allah ta'ala, not just in the west but globally. InshaAllah i live to see that day.

Anyway, time for bed. Assalamu Alaikum.

Comment

This is a very difficult question and you've got to think large scale.

Since 9/11 and 7/7 bombings..Islamaphobia (even though it was present before) began to take on form and structure....so in other words...'islamaphobia' is now supported by researchers, writers, financiers..academics..politicians...racists....so and so forth. Not only this...there are Muslims just as eagerly and effectively helping the Islamophobia industry to stereotype and marginalize their own brothers and sisters....an example would be that ridiculous mpac article someone put up on ummah where a muslim was criticizing the niqab.

So in a sense....the ummah is far too disunited and we seem to spend more time quarelling about minor issues....than looking at the 'bigger picture'. If Muslims make the right choices today than the future is bright because Muslim countries are blessed with such amazing riches....for instance, i think, over 50percent of the mineral wealth of the planet lies under our countries. The ummah is fortunate to have so many doctors....thousands of engineers.....scientists....teachers...intellectua ls......WE spend BILLIONS and BILLIONS on technology.....but we are still humilated and our people are still destroyed. The truth is, we should wake up every morning and think of the situations in Palestine..in Kashmir...in Bosnia...Chechnya.....Darfur..etc. In fact I attended a talk today and the brother reminded us that we WILL be held accountable for doing nothing...and we WILL be asked by Allah..what did YOU do when so and so was suffering? Where were you?

I dont think the revival has reached a stage....because there is far too much tribalism...far too much division in our ummah based on colour, rank, school of thought, organisation..and so forth. What the ummah needs more than anything is Muslims who are true, who are sincere and who do not 'forget' the more important things in life. We need people who look beyond colour.....beyond language.... people who do not scandalize other believers and struggle with each other for power (which is so so so prevalent in todays society)....we need people who are part of our society, but not controlled by un-Islamic culture...and people who are not afraid to speak openly and who do not take parts of the Quran out of context. And yes education does play a major part...because without education....this leaves room for ignorance..and misinterpretation which is again so prevalent. Muslims need to educate each other and others in order to dispel misconceptions.

How long with this take? To be honest...it doesn't matter and it is not important. What counts is that we work towards it.....since by the will of Allah Subhana wa taaalah, Islam has survived its darkest hour.... and by Allah's will, it can again spread its light to every corner of the earth.
                          Last edited by Kubs; 09-02-10, 02:17 AM.
                          Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

I disagree, alot of what you have mentioned regarding being scattered and inactive are part and parcel of the revival, which I believe has significantly continued to kick up a gear since 9/11

we are living and making this revival now, today, inshaAllah...

this reminds me of something I read by babar ahmed, let me see if i can find it...

edit: here it is

************************************************** ************************************************** ***

Many today say that these are dark days for the Muslim ummah. I beg to differ. These are glorious days that will be sorely missed once gone. Successive generations of Muslims will look back to these days as the days in which Islam was revived and heroes were made as dreams turned into realities. History is repeating itself as we have returned to the early days of Prophethood in Makkah. The Muhajireen (Emigrants) of today are those who have been forcibly expelled from their homes and estranged from their loved ones. The Ansar (Helpers) of today are those who are helping them and their families. It is precisely at times like these that nations discover their quest for mission and moment.
                            Last edited by Macchiato; 09-02-10, 02:43 AM.
                            Hasbun Allah Wa Ni'mal Wakeel - NeVeR LoSe HoPe In Allah
                            Trusting in Allah won't make the mountain smaller, but will make climbing easier. Do not ask Him for a lighter load, but ask Him for a stronger back

www.CAGEPRISONERS.com
                            - www.youtube.com/7macchiato7

Comment

Successive generations of Muslims will look back to these days as the days in which Islam was revived and heroes were made as dreams turned into realities. History is repeating itself as we have returned to the early days of Prophethood in Makkah. The Muhajireen (Emigrants) of today are those who have been forcibly expelled from their homes and estranged from their loved ones. The Ansar (Helpers) of today are those who are helping them and their families. It is precisely at times like these that nations discover their quest for mission and moment. - Babar

Words of wisdom- someone will look back at these in the future and say "they should have been written in gold". May Allah azzawajal bring forward his release and raise his ranks in Jannah.ameen.

Comment

Working...
                              X