would you help . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you help . . .

say a kuffar, a gay/lesbian person, ect?

was having a conversation with a fellow muslimah and we were talking about prejudices and so i asked well would you help a gay person? and she replied almost on autopilot with a resounding "no", why is that though?

I totally agree that being a kafir, gay ect is wrong and a perversion - thats not the issue here.

Issue is that as muslims because Alhamduillah we have been shown the right path the true path, should we not help a fellow human just for the reason that our religion tells us to help others, that in our Prophet :saw: we have the best of examples in relation to kindness?

what do you think?
    82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Re: would you help . . .

Jihad is a mercy to mankind, and sometimes being rough against sinners is good for them. You might be kind to them thinking that it will reach their hearts, but it might not. So balance in all affairs.

Comment

I suppose if you help them with the intention of doing it to please Allah swt then it should be ok? Allah hu alam

Comment

ok let me rephrase that say for example you saw someone ill and in pain would you not help them? regardless of the fact that they may be non muslim?
        82. Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is! 83. So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will you be all brought back. Quran surah 36: Ya-sin

Comment

I guess...I have, usually the kind side of me takes over. Once a drunkard knocked on my door and my weak sentimements turned me into giving the guy some change, only to see him later heading to the bar (after I followed him)

so...nothing is black and white in life

Comment

very true re nothing is black and white in life, but your judged on your niyah right? so if your niyah was to help an indvidual then your gonna be judged on that what the next person does thats a separate issue

Comment

hate the sin not the sinner
              Last edited by naila-k; 05-02-10, 02:07 AM.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
              (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by Sis_Asiya View Post
                ok let me rephrase that say for example you saw someone ill and in pain would you not help them? regardless of the fact that they may be non muslim?
                If I saw a person in pain how would I know that they're gay. Would there be a sign somewhere?

Comment

I would definitely.

My friend told me he had got drunk one night at uni, couldn't find his way home so slept in a bike shed. This is November time, so he must have been freezing, in the early hours of the morning he said a Muslim man had found him in that state on the way to the mosque, then taken him to the mosque and given him tea and drinks. This shows so much kindness i think, and represents Muslims in a correct way. I think it changed his perception of Muslims slightly, even though this guy's very open anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                    hate the sin not the sinner
                    Exactly!

Originally posted by SweetTooth View Post
                    If I saw a person in pain how would I know that they're gay. Would there be a sign somewhere?
                    funny

Comment

I would most definitely help a gay person. If someone's in pain I'm there..it's just in my nature. Wow, I totally sound like a super hero. This day could not get any better

Comment

Sis_Asiya: I have noticed that in general, those who have a religion (particularly Christianity, Islam or Judaism) do help people who are in need, no matter what that person has done or who they are. Athiests on the other hand do not have the same moral inclination because, I imagine that they do not have any future life to look forward to and think only of themselves.
                        Please Re-update your Signature
                        Father I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word, and I will be healed.

Comment

Originally posted by السلام عليكم View Post
                          I would definitely.

My friend told me he had got drunk one night at uni, couldn't find his way home so slept in a bike shed. This is November time, so he must have been freezing, in the early hours of the morning he said a Muslim man had found him in that state on the way to the mosque, then taken him to the mosque and given him tea and drinks. This shows so much kindness i think, and represents Muslims in a correct way. I think it changed his perception of Muslims slightly, even though this guy's very open anyway.
                          thats what i mean, if you help someone and show them kindness it changes their perception of a muslim or muslimah. There was a non muslim woman she looked drunk but Alahu'alim, she kept trippig and was crying sounded like she was in pain, i asked her if she was ok and if she wanted some water, her husband said no and thank you she'll be fine, she came round to my house the next day and told my family to thank me for my kindess - as i wasnt in. Since then she's always asked about islam - and she's gradually changing her perceptions about islam and :insha: who knows maybe one day she will revert

Comment

As for the "gay" thing, does it make any difference? I have gay friends, and they deserve help as much as the next person.

Comment

Originally posted by imported_maureen View Post
                              Sis_Asiya: I have noticed that in general, those who have a religion (particularly Christianity, Islam or Judaism) do help people who are in need, no matter what that person has done or who they are. Athiests on the other hand do not have the same moral inclination because, I imagine that they do not have any future life to look forward to and think only of themselves.
                              perhaps thats true, but my belief is that in terms of humanity people should help each other, my religion - islam - is all about being kind and following the beautiful example set by the Prophet :saw: who was kindness personified

Comment

Working...
                              X