Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please stay away from the disease called music.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please stay away from the disease called music.

Well, when I was about 13 I use to do bad things and I would never do my prayers, and I liked heavy metal music. The minor sins grew into bigger sings and I always tried to pull myself away from that place but I can never do it, but one day I heard that music was Haram and the weird thing was that every time I hear music I would always get bad thoughts in my head. But by the grace of Allah I abandoned music. After I had fully abandoned music I filled the empty void with good things like prayers and islamic nasheeds, and now I am doing fine in life and I feel very happy. So please do not follow my path...
    Islam = Peace :)

Re: Please stay away from the disease called music.

I am guilty of this sin....subhannallah.
    The love I have for music is out of this world,I know its 100 percent wrong but I dont know how to stop.

Many times I tried giving it up.But I keep going back to it.

Comment

I had the same problem, but once i heard the hadith that music spreads hypocrisy in the heart and that the hypocrites will be in the deepest part of jahannam, whenever i have the desire to listen i remind myself of this hadith. I also came across a website that does research on occultism and how music is used to manipulate people and taking them further away from religion. The website does and prove the evil of music by well known artist like Beyonce, Rihanna, Jay Z, Lady gaga and few more.

Comment

May I ask if there is any music which is not haram in Islam?

Comment

I want to give it up so bad,I need like a step-by-step process or something.

Tread Softly: I want to know that too actually,good question.

Comment

Originally posted by Tread Softly View Post
            May I ask if there is any music which is not haram in Islam?
            Nabi :saw: came to destroy instruments, so I would think music without instruments like anasheeds and stuff like that, poetry was also practiced alot in those days:scratch:

Comment

I'm getting better at avoding it, alhamdulilah. I still have one or 2 artists' work on my WMP that I can't get myself to delete. :( But at least I'm not listening to music nearly as much as a year or 2 ago. I would say my listening time has gone down by 85-90%.

Comment

whenever i listen to music, somehow i always relate it to Jihad or the Mujahideen. For Example Till I Collapse by eminem... that song was used in Modern Warfare 2, thats prolly the reason :D
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

same here dear brother, i fele tour pain i know ots haram i trie not listening to it but it draws me!

Comment

:salams

The other day i was told by my brother who was listening to a lecture and said 'you cannot have music and quran in the heart'. It leads to hypocrisy big time.

As for those who find it 'difficult' to give up. 1-make dua 2- collect all you have, thats all the musical material (be it cds/downloaded/mp3/phone) so gather them all together, count 1..2..3 and THROW THEM OUT AND DELETE THEM ALL

It is as simple as that, you aren't gonna stop if you have it. Like if its on your phone,computer,mp3,in your house then you have the ability to GET RID but if you go out and hear it then thats different coz its out of your control but you should still repel the desire to listen to it.

Don't let it draw you, again this is your jihad, reject it and fill your heart with quran instead, not music. You cannot have space for both in your heart its either one or the other.

You are the ones in control, coz you have it on your phones and can get rid of it, but it is alll about you and how bad you want to leave it Especially in this time there is no time for messing around, dont get caught into the trap of shaytaan and dajjal.

Besides this music does nothing, it plays with your emotions makes you feel happy :) makes you feel :( excited :hidban: it is a shaytaan that controls the way you feel. An the messages and words i mean write it down and then read it to yourself, what on earth is it saying, absolutely nothing beneficial. Its not saying 'put your rubbish in the bin, speak nice to people, remember Allah swt, hate shaytaan' no. It talks about nonsense, and if you do that then it'll make you realise how stupid music is.

Insha'Allah thats helped. May Allah swt help you all and give you all the strength to hate shaytaan and get rid of this music ameen
                    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by Averagemuslim View Post
                      every time I hear music I would always get bad thoughts in my head.
                      hmm why would you get bad thoughts? :scratch:

*cough*
                      Originally posted by Averagemuslim View Post
                      I liked heavy metal music
                      *cough*
                      "(...)O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it.’”
                      (Hadith Qudsi, at Tirmidhi)

Comment

Well heavy metal music is awful i understand why you had bad thoughts.
                        I listen less to music now. Deleted all my songs on my phone already. But still need it for chores because it leads away my lack of motivation.
                        My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                        Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

If you want to stop listening to music, you need to tell yourself that you want to stop listening to music. Because if you tell yourself you want to stop listening to music, but still listen to a few artists, then you don't want to leave music.

Once you get that in your head and realize that music is a waste of time. It will come easier. I think the way I stopped was when I saw someone who had a lot of knowledge of music. So much so that they said music was their life and they dedicated their time to it. Their ilm, was ilm of music. Their devotion, their religion, was to music and I didn't want to be like that, even though it wasn't that bad. So I stopped cold turkey (though I recommend nasheeds and Quran as I've heard that helps) and while there are times you get songs in your head, I found that it's easier to leave music if your heart is in it.

Delete all of your music. Unbookmark all of your music links. Throw out anything music related. Tell yourself that it's easy to leave music and it will be easy. If you tell yourself it's hard, it will always be hard for you.

May Allah help all of us leave this evil habit. And forgive us for listening to it. Ameen.
                          مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                          It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                          Surah al-Baqarah
                          [2:245]

.:.
                          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                          ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Massilia View Post
                            Well heavy metal music is awful i understand why you had bad thoughts.
                            I listen less to music now. Deleted all my songs on my phone already. But still need it for chores because it leads away my lack of motivation.
                            Sis ever tried replacing it with lectures/quran???? You get rewarded for listening to it + you'll learn something + it'll soften your heart insha'Allah=successs

http://www.kalamullah.com/lectures.html
                            (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
                              Sis ever tried replacing it with lectures/quran???? You get rewarded for listening to it + you'll learn something + it'll soften your heart insha'Allah=successs

http://www.kalamullah.com/lectures.html
                              JazakhAllah Khair for the link.
                              I like Quran when i listen to it even if i don't understand one word, although it softens my heart sure. I took the habit of listening to lectures in English at night now.
                              It's just that it's not really dynamic, cause i kind of "dance" when i clean cause i hate it so much.
                              Listening to lectures, is like being in school for me even at home i listen to it completely focused.
                              At the end too much music bores me except maybe Fairouz and her Al Qods song reminds me of Palestine and makes me want to take a one-way plane ticket to go there lol.
                              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Working...
                              X