No announcement yet.

Are women more materialistic than men ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are women more materialistic than men ?

:salams,

I've been to many Islamic talks and whenever the topic comes to wealth , simple living or greed, the speaker specifically addresses the sisters.

Is it true that no matter how much a woman has , she still desires more clothes , more shoes, more accessories, more things, in short, more of everything.?

Why are women less likely to be content compared to men ? Why do they covet for more & more ?

Do you think, women are natually more materialistic than men ?
    Yes - its hard to satisfy a woman - she's never content
    26.15%
    No - women are not more materialistic than men
    23.08%
    Both men & women are equally materialistic
    50.77%

Re: Are women more materialistic than men ?

Yes they are, because they have weak hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by mujahid28 View Post
      Yes they are, because they have weak hearts.
      Seconded. And they also smell bad.
      <--- I look like that and when I'm not :zzz:, I'm usually like like:banbear:and like:rotfl:but sometimes I'm like as well.

Comment

not all but most of em are i think ... :1popcorn: fighting show ahead

Comment

That would be generalizing. I would say they are both equally materialistic and it also depends highly on the individual.

For instance, women tend to love their jewelry and clothes and so forth. A lot of guys collect gadgets, like the newest electronics or they have to have the latest sports car on the market.

But then again you can't paint EVERYONE with the same brush. It's highly subjective.
          Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

:wswrwb:

I think it depends on the person.

Comment

yeah depends on the person, if i get socks for eid i get well happy, new sock are all nice and soft :D

Comment

Maybe women just have a better idea of what they want?

I know I am very basic. Food, sleep, clean clothes. Everything else is bonus.

Comment

No, not all of women are so. And not all of the men are less materalistic than women. There is no point in generalising two groups of people which need each other and assist each other.

Allah knows what really is in our hearts.
                  Last edited by Mr. Muslim; 20-01-10, 11:29 AM.
                  Be a good example yourself and it's one of the best means of daw'ah.

Comment

What a poll.

Of course we are. Shoes, handbags, jewellrey.....thats pretty much the essence of a womans life
                    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                      What a poll.

Of course we are. Shoes, handbags, jewellrey.....thats pretty much the essence of a womans life
                      didnt the prophet saw get angry and leave his wives for 1 month becouse they wanted more money and also allah sent ayah down giveing them choice if they want the gliter or the hereafter if the wives of the prophet saw were incline im sure normal women are

Comment

:salams

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
                        That would be generalizing.

But then again you can't paint EVERYONE with the same brush. It's highly subjective.
                        I wonder what the record time is for a sister to jump into defence of her gender when a generalisation is made? :)

But being serious, this is a general discussion so we would speak in general terms and hopefully people will have the intelligence to realise that its not to be taken as tarring all with the same brush. That's not directed at Kubs just a general statement.

Originally posted by SilverCrescent View Post
                        :salams,

Is it true that no matter how much a woman has , she still desires more clothes , more shoes, more accessories, more things, in short, more of everything.?
                        I have learned that neither man nor woman is content with their lot in life. No matter what blessings man receives he always wants more. That includes men and women.

Do you think, women are natually more materialistic than men ?
                        It is easy to see it that way; that women are more materialistic than men. But Kubs made a good point that both men and women covet worldly things which I have added my two cents to.

Men can sometimes see women as materialistic when we must interact usually for the sake of marriage. Women naturally need security and are attracted to it (attracted to men who can provide wealth and security). This is only a natural instinct as it is we men that are expected to be the providers and protectors of women. So you could say it is a woman's right to be materialistic in some cases. As long as her expectations don't go beyond the ridiculous.

For example, would I marry a woman who was penniless? Yes I would, as generally speaking her wealth is no factor for me. But would the same woman marry me if I were penniless? Almost certainly not for obvious reasons. Is that perfectly understandable? Of course it is.
                        Last edited by NGE; 20-01-10, 11:37 AM.
                        Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                          What a poll.

Materialistic and proud. :up:

You tell 'em sister. :D
                          Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
                            :salams

I wonder what the record time is for a sister to jump into defence of her gender when a generalisation is made? :)

But being serious, this is a general discussion so we would speak in general terms and hopefully people will have the intelligence to realise that its not to be taken as tarring all with the same brush. That's not directed at Kubs just a general statement..
                            I'm not jumping in defence....just stating the truth
                            Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
                              I'm not jumping in defence....just stating the truth
                              Yeah and I was only joking. Thought that was evident. Sheesh.

EDIT: Actually come to think of it I am a little curious. If I was betting man (and I'm not) I would say 60 seconds. It's like you women have a sixth sense for when its happening.
                              Last edited by NGE; 20-01-10, 11:41 AM.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Working...
                              X