Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim Names

Salamu Alaikum,

I have a two year old son who's name is Malek. We found it on an Islamic baby names site and liked it, also it reminded us of Imam Malik. I was reading a site today that saying using one of the 99 names of Allah is haram. Is the name Malek (or Malik) haram or only if it is "Al-Malik". I have met people with names like Aziz or Rahman before so I never saw a problem with it and of course as I mentioned before there is Imam Malik. Please advice me.

Re: Muslim Names

I can't give you any direct info on that but for what its worth I know many muslims who have the last name Haque or spelled Hoque? which is supposed to be a name of Allah i believe.

Obviously they've had this name for generations and it seems to be widely accepted. So if its ok for last names, it would seem to be fine to have your first name as Malek as long as your intentions are good.

Comment

It is haram to call any human by one of the names of Allaah (swT). I am uncertain about your perticular name. Although I have heard the name Abdul Malik. As is Abdul Rahman. It is not Rahman. The same with Abdul Aziz, and not Aziz.

Allaahu Alim.

Comment

Originally posted by imagerynine View Post
        Salamu Alaikum,

I have a two year old son who's name is Malek. We found it on an Islamic baby names site and liked it, also it reminded us of Imam Malik. I was reading a site today that saying using one of the 99 names of Allah is haram. Is the name Malek (or Malik) haram or only if it is "Al-Malik". I have met people with names like Aziz or Rahman before so I never saw a problem with it and of course as I mentioned before there is Imam Malik. Please advice me.
        http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1783
        The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarreling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4782)

Comment

Originally posted by elza3d View Post
          It is haram to call any human by one of the names of Allaah (swT). I am uncertain about your perticular name. Although I have heard the name Abdul Malik. As is Abdul Rahman. It is not Rahman. The same with Abdul Aziz, and not Aziz.

Allaahu Alim.
          Check your rep.
          "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
          (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
            Check your rep.
            Alhamdulilah, although in future please just say what you have to say here.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X