Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disneydiva21
    replied
    Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

oops double post

Leave a comment:

• disneydiva21
    replied

i think this about arabs or asian
    not muslims in genral who are born in the west

but this is funny because alot of my arab friends have these parental issues
    Last edited by disneydiva21; 23-01-10, 07:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ImperfectBeauty
    replied

The title of the thread should be "asian" instead of Muslim, should've change the title

Leave a comment:

• =Mariam=
    replied

It's so true :D.

Leave a comment:

• BumbleBee
    replied

Calm down people. The title of this thread should be 'asian' not muslim, i read it somewhere ages ago, plus it would make a lot more sense. I think it's funny.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfn
    replied

Originally posted by lailaamin View Post
    I can't believe what I am reading here

I am very offended by this list and so should everyone, there is nothing humourous about it at all. Being a muslim is the most honourable, revered and beautiful way to live - I am eternally gratefull for being born as one and to live as one. No muslim should poke fun at it. If anyone pokes fun at my deen albeit in a humourous way I am sorry but I will not stand back and hold my tongue.

How dare this sister z think it funny that I and many other muslims have an endless supply of dates and islamic beads in my house. Alhamdulillah a house without dates is one without food if I remember a hadith correctly. By making fun of this point you are making fun of our Prophets (pbuh) hadith - Astagfirullah

and if I have a bottle full of water next to the toilet it is because I practise cleanliness and purity so why is this funny?

If you want to be humourous and have a laugh then go read about the punishment of the grave - that will wipe the smile off your face

Are you one of those Muslims that believe laughing is haraam? Seriously, you sound a little extremist.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
    I think this should be titled "You know you're an Arab when...."
    Yes this is exactly what I was thinking. It is more a list for "You know your married to an Arab when..."
    And i am not being rude to Arabs;. I can say this cos I am married to one.. lol

Leave a comment:

• Christianlady
    replied

Originally posted by Deen commited View Post
    None of this applies to me either cause I am a convert as well
    but I don't find this offensive at all I think a lot of Muslims
    take a mound and turn it into a hill goodness
    Hi Deen Committed,

Yeah I don't get the big deal. And yeah it's cultural, but there's nothing in the original thread that gave me a negative impression of Muslims... ? I thought lots of the points were sweet and good, like parents wanting to know where their children are going and the love for one's home country and the sense of strong family connections...

True humor,I think, is seeing life in a fun way.

Peace and God bless you.
    Last edited by Christianlady; 18-01-10, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Christianlady
    replied

Originally posted by lailaamin View Post
    I can't believe what I am reading here

I am very offended by this list and so should everyone, there is nothing humourous about it at all. Being a muslim is the most honourable, revered and beautiful way to live - I am eternally gratefull for being born as one and to live as one. No muslim should poke fun at it. If anyone pokes fun at my deen albeit in a humourous way I am sorry but I will not stand back and hold my tongue.

How dare this sister z think it funny that I and many other muslims have an endless supply of dates and islamic beads in my house. Alhamdulillah a house without dates is one without food if I remember a hadith correctly. By making fun of this point you are making fun of our Prophets (pbuh) hadith - Astagfirullah

and if I have a bottle full of water next to the toilet it is because I practise cleanliness and purity so why is this funny?

If you want to be humourous and have a laugh then go read about the punishment of the grave - that will wipe the smile off your face
    Hello Lailaamin,

Is a sense of humor forbidden in Islam?

I thought the thread was cute. I didn't think it made fun of Muslims or one's culture at all. Granted, it is more about culture than Islam, but still there is no harm done.

There are many things in the list that are sweet, that is different from my culture, for example, staying a long time talking saying goodbye. In my culture, you just rush out the door saying bye, maybe giving a quick hug to your Mom first (at least I do) so you can get to where your'e supposed to be on time, so I think it's great that in this person's culture, they stay and talk instead of just rushing around all the time. That's cool. :)

Why so offended? Just curious. It is nothing bad against being a Muslim, at least I didn't notice any negative slant against Muslims in it. ?

Peace and God bless.

Leave a comment:

• SilverCrescent
    replied

Originally posted by neelu View Post
    I don't think it's offensive but I agree some of these points are cultural (more applicable to a "you know when you're Arab/Asian" thread) rather than religious.
    Yes. Just type "You know you're an Indian/Arab " on Google and pages having the same points come up .

Leave a comment:

• Goalshan602
    replied

I think the OP has mixed up cultural things with Islam, but some of the points were very funny. :D

You should at least see some of the funny side.

Leave a comment:

• Bahar
    replied

This is funny.. More like You know you are a Middle Eastern when... :)

Leave a comment:

• Deen commited
    replied

None of this applies to me either cause I am a convert as well
    but I don't find this offensive at all I think a lot of Muslims
    take a mound and turn it into a hill goodness
    Last edited by Deen commited; 18-01-10, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied

I don't think it's offensive but I agree some of these points are cultural (more applicable to a "you know when you're Arab/Asian" thread) rather than religious. My favourite point though was no. 28 cos' my parents do this:

28.Your parents push the concept of an arranged marriage on you and try and demonstrate how well it works .

Hehehehe:D

Leave a comment:

• layla tul qadr
    replied

but "Muslim" is someone that follows the deen , those things sound like humorous stereotypes that would a apply to a culture not a religion?
    I'm not offended because i understand your train of thought and I think that you obviously honour islam as I am assuming that you are muslim.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X