Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

you know you're a muslim when

1.Your parents constantly worry that you are “forgetting your heritage.”

2.You have an endless supply of dates, prayer beads, and prayer rugs

3.Your family thinks they are modern, but they ask the local sheikh for advice when there are problems in the family.

4.You arrive one or two hours late to an event and think it’s normal.

5.You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone’s house.

6.When your parents meet strangers and talk for a few minutes, you discover you’re talking to a distant cousin.

7.Your mother has a minor disagreement with her (or your dad’s) sister and doesn’t talk to her for ten years.

8.Your parents want every detail from you about where you’re going before you leave the house.

9.You have a curfew no matter how old you are.

10.You minimize your MSN conversation when a family member walks past.

11.Your mother does everything for you if you are male.

12.Your brothers or father will never let you take your car for an oil change if you are a female.

13.Your parents say you’re becoming Americanized anytime you get into trouble.

14.You can spot a Muslim a mile away, and they spot you too—you can tell from the way the keep turning around and staring.

15.No one ever seems to call ahead of time to say they are coming over for a visit.

16.Your relatives alone could populate a small city.

17.Everyone is a family friend.

18.Your middle name is your father’s first name.

19.You have a difficult Arabic name so you come up with a cheesy Westernized version of it like “Sam,” “Mike,” or “Fred.”

20.You have fifteen cousins named Mohammed.

21.You went to a university as far away from home as possible.

22.You still came back home to live with your parents after graduating.

23.You know no one who has studied music.

23.If you are a female in college, you are studying to be a teacher or doctor. If you are a male, you are studying engineering or business. If you deviate from either these careers, your family prays that you “come back to the right track.”

24.You know someone who got married at the age of 16.

25.Your parents are panicking if you aren’t married when you turn 25.

26.You propose marriage for someone, and you are asked:
    do you have a green card?
    how much money do you earn?
    what village in your home country do you come from?

27.The highlight of the social scene is either a wedding or a funeral.

28.Your parents push the concept of an arranged marriage on you and try and demonstrate how well it works whenever they’re not fighting.

29.You like the meat well done.

30.You teach Westerners swear words in your own language.

31.You are with a Muslim colleague and people ask: “Is that your wife?”

32.You avoid public places when with a member of the opposite sex, especially if there is an acquaintance within a 250 miles radius.

33.You order food at your ethnic restaurant in your own language to impress the American people you’re with, but the waiters don’t understand you.

34.You get really excited and call the whole family into the living room when there is a special on Muslims on TV.

35.You always get randomly frisked at the airport.

36.You get up from your seat on the airplane to use the restroom, and the guys seated next to you get that really worried look on their faces.

37.You walk out of customs with your trolley at the airport and you see all twenty-five members of your family who have come to pick you up.

38.You go back to your parents’ country and people treat you like a member of…the royal family.

39.You have cousins you have never met, whose names you don’t know, but who insist they’re related to you, even though they bear no resemblance to anyone YOU know.

40.There’s one person in you family whom you are not allowed to talk about, because they did something “wrong.”

41.You call everyone older than you uncle or aunt, even if you have never met him or her before.

42.You read the Qur’an before taking on any major task, like exams, or asking the boss for a raise.

43.You meet someone of another religion who is a genuinely good person, and you think to yourself, “If only he/she became a Muslim…”

44.You notice that whenever you go to another Muslim’s house, your parents always talk about religion and politics.

45.Every few months, your parents say they’re moving back to the home country.

46. You order a Fillet 'O Fish at McDonald's

47.You hug and kiss people you have never seen before in your life.

48.You have a bottle filled with water next to the toilet.

49.You know all of the Arabic swear words, but none of the conversational mechanics.

50. Your mother has a cute name for you that you would hate for your friends to hear, yet she calls you that name when you have company

51. You talk on your cell-phone more than you talk face-to-face

52. When your parents meet strangers they always ask them which country they come from.

53. Your mother cannot have company over without cooking a banquet

54. You hug people you hate after the Eid prayer.

55. You visit a Muslim land and everybody thinks you are rich

56.Your mother's house is more than 200 degrees and she keeps saying how cold it is.

Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

Don’t want to be rude sister,but this got nothing to do with being muslim and I think its insulting your own deen( I know you probably don’t mean it and see it this way)

Better change it to: you know your Jahil when....
    Or you know you not raised in a deeni household when.....
    They want to extinguish Allah's Light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow except that His Light should be perfected even though the disbelievers hate (it).)- It is He Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, to make it superior over all religions even though the idolators hate (it).) Surah Al-Tawbah 32-33

Comment

it's too long, just skimread some, didn't find anything funny
      sigpic

Comment

almost none of it applies to me as I'm a revert.......

I think "you know you were raised in an Arab Muslim household in a western country if...." would be a better title.....

Comment

I think this is just the You Know You're Asian When.. with a few extra things added in to make it sound like it's about muslims because most of it sounds like I've read it somewhere before.

Comment

I think this should be titled "You know you're an Arab when...."
            Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Lol i think it is more Arab culture than Islam.

Especially for the 55 point:up:
              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

I'm sorry but I find your thread troubling for a few reasons to say the least:

1st. The characteristics you are pointing to are cultural, not religious, and should be kept to those subjects.

2nd. The muslim follows Islam which is Universal and supersedes all culture.

3rd. The actions of all muslims should be to aspire to act as the Prophet (PBUH) has acted, and such a noble pursuit should not be a subject of humour.

As others have mentioned, I believe you should rename your thread.

Sorry to sound dry and harsh but I think many Muslims would genuinely be offended by your post (even if you mean well)

Comment

I'm not offended. Great post. So many of those are true, maybe cause I'm arab but I'm sure other people from other muslim countries could relate to this.

Comment

Hmm some of it was funny but not all.

Number 11. Mums do everything if your a male.

Well I am a male, and my mum USED to do everything when i was younger but not any more.

That is just generalisation.
                    Ask Allah for everything, even if it is only a shoe-lace, beacuse if Allah does not make it easy, then it will not be possible

Comment

This has nothing to do with being a Muslim. It was a list about you know when your a pakistani

Some of the things on there are pathetic ...lol

Comment

hmm none of that applies to me apart from the one where it said soemthing like you meet a nice non muslim and wish if only they were muslim

Most of the things listed on here must be culture cus i cant relate to it, but some of the stuff i found pretty funny and cant believe people do that..
                        http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

I read this stuff but it was titled.. "You know Asian if..." ..
                          most of its not even funny or true
                          [CENTER] *...Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad, let God deal with the things they do because hate iin your heart will consume you too...~[/CENTER]

Comment

u know ur a muslim when u pronounce :lailah: muhammadur rasulullah! :D
                            Last edited by ajnabee; 17-01-10, 04:31 PM.
                            "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
                            ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

none of this has anything to do with being a Muslim :eek3:
                              this kind of stuff gets on my nerves. its just a list of generalizations.
                              The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                              (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                              In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Working...
                              X