Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

    Stop giving the sister a bad time. She posted it to for humour purposes..stop taking it so seriously.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

      I don't think anyone is giving her a hard time...... just suggesting the title should be changed.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

      [SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

        I can't believe what I am reading here

        I am very offended by this list and so should everyone, there is nothing humourous about it at all. Being a muslim is the most honourable, revered and beautiful way to live - I am eternally gratefull for being born as one and to live as one. No muslim should poke fun at it. If anyone pokes fun at my deen albeit in a humourous way I am sorry but I will not stand back and hold my tongue.

        How dare this sister z think it funny that I and many other muslims have an endless supply of dates and islamic beads in my house. Alhamdulillah a house without dates is one without food if I remember a hadith correctly. By making fun of this point you are making fun of our Prophets (pbuh) hadith - Astagfirullah

        and if I have a bottle full of water next to the toilet it is because I practise cleanliness and purity so why is this funny?

        If you want to be humourous and have a laugh then go read about the punishment of the grave - that will wipe the smile off your face

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

          but "Muslim" is someone that follows the deen , those things sound like humorous stereotypes that would a apply to a culture not a religion?
          I'm not offended because i understand your train of thought and I think that you obviously honour islam as I am assuming that you are muslim.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

            I don't think it's offensive but I agree some of these points are cultural (more applicable to a "you know when you're Arab/Asian" thread) rather than religious. My favourite point though was no. 28 cos' my parents do this:

            28.Your parents push the concept of an arranged marriage on you and try and demonstrate how well it works .

            Hehehehe:D
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

              None of this applies to me either cause I am a convert as well
              but I don't find this offensive at all I think a lot of Muslims
              take a mound and turn it into a hill goodness
              Last edited by Deen commited; 18-01-10, 12:03 AM.




              Comment


              • #22
                Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

                This is funny.. More like You know you are a Middle Eastern when... :)
                Ex Oriente Lux

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

                  I think the OP has mixed up cultural things with Islam, but some of the points were very funny. :D

                  You should at least see some of the funny side.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

                    Originally posted by neelu View Post
                    I don't think it's offensive but I agree some of these points are cultural (more applicable to a "you know when you're Arab/Asian" thread) rather than religious.
                    Yes. Just type "You know you're an Indian/Arab " on Google and pages having the same points come up .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

                      Originally posted by lailaamin View Post
                      I can't believe what I am reading here

                      I am very offended by this list and so should everyone, there is nothing humourous about it at all. Being a muslim is the most honourable, revered and beautiful way to live - I am eternally gratefull for being born as one and to live as one. No muslim should poke fun at it. If anyone pokes fun at my deen albeit in a humourous way I am sorry but I will not stand back and hold my tongue.

                      How dare this sister z think it funny that I and many other muslims have an endless supply of dates and islamic beads in my house. Alhamdulillah a house without dates is one without food if I remember a hadith correctly. By making fun of this point you are making fun of our Prophets (pbuh) hadith - Astagfirullah

                      and if I have a bottle full of water next to the toilet it is because I practise cleanliness and purity so why is this funny?

                      If you want to be humourous and have a laugh then go read about the punishment of the grave - that will wipe the smile off your face
                      Hello Lailaamin,

                      Is a sense of humor forbidden in Islam?

                      I thought the thread was cute. I didn't think it made fun of Muslims or one's culture at all. Granted, it is more about culture than Islam, but still there is no harm done.

                      There are many things in the list that are sweet, that is different from my culture, for example, staying a long time talking saying goodbye. In my culture, you just rush out the door saying bye, maybe giving a quick hug to your Mom first (at least I do) so you can get to where your'e supposed to be on time, so I think it's great that in this person's culture, they stay and talk instead of just rushing around all the time. That's cool. :)

                      Why so offended? Just curious. It is nothing bad against being a Muslim, at least I didn't notice any negative slant against Muslims in it. ?

                      Peace and God bless.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

                        Originally posted by Deen commited View Post
                        None of this applies to me either cause I am a convert as well
                        but I don't find this offensive at all I think a lot of Muslims
                        take a mound and turn it into a hill goodness
                        Hi Deen Committed,

                        Yeah I don't get the big deal. And yeah it's cultural, but there's nothing in the original thread that gave me a negative impression of Muslims... ? I thought lots of the points were sweet and good, like parents wanting to know where their children are going and the love for one's home country and the sense of strong family connections...

                        True humor,I think, is seeing life in a fun way.

                        Peace and God bless you.
                        Last edited by Christianlady; 18-01-10, 08:01 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

                          Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                          I think this should be titled "You know you're an Arab when...."
                          Yes this is exactly what I was thinking. It is more a list for "You know your married to an Arab when..."
                          And i am not being rude to Arabs;. I can say this cos I am married to one.. lol

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

                            Originally posted by lailaamin View Post
                            I can't believe what I am reading here

                            I am very offended by this list and so should everyone, there is nothing humourous about it at all. Being a muslim is the most honourable, revered and beautiful way to live - I am eternally gratefull for being born as one and to live as one. No muslim should poke fun at it. If anyone pokes fun at my deen albeit in a humourous way I am sorry but I will not stand back and hold my tongue.

                            How dare this sister z think it funny that I and many other muslims have an endless supply of dates and islamic beads in my house. Alhamdulillah a house without dates is one without food if I remember a hadith correctly. By making fun of this point you are making fun of our Prophets (pbuh) hadith - Astagfirullah

                            and if I have a bottle full of water next to the toilet it is because I practise cleanliness and purity so why is this funny?

                            If you want to be humourous and have a laugh then go read about the punishment of the grave - that will wipe the smile off your face




                            Are you one of those Muslims that believe laughing is haraam? Seriously, you sound a little extremist.
                            Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

                              Calm down people. The title of this thread should be 'asian' not muslim, i read it somewhere ages ago, plus it would make a lot more sense. I think it's funny.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: You know you're a muslim when.....(humour)

                                It's so true :D.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X