Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contribution to society..

Assalamualikum,

Just out of interest, I would like to know the things ummah forumites are involved in that benefit other Muslims on a social level, whether it's vacuuming the masjid hall, or organising dawah stalls/fundraisers. This is to gather (and possibly initiate) ideas for us to implement in our lives so that we can benefit each other,and ultimately benefit ourselves by pleasing our Lord.

Best wishes for the year ahead to all.

Stoney :)

Re: Contribution to society..

Hmm well I volunteer as a English and Maths teacher in a Muslim Primary Weekend school.

Volunteer to help out in organisations.

Volunteer to write articles for Muslim magazines in the UK

It's not much but Inshallah I hope to help out more... once I have spare time.
    Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

i want to visit muslim brothers who are in hospital and may have no family to visit them. how would i go bout doing this???

Comment

i do this when i see people :D and occasionally a ;)
        Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
          i do this when i see people :D and occasionally a ;)
          Sometimes I worry about you
          Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
            Sometimes I worry about you
            im only spreading the lurve in the ummah :(
            Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
              im only spreading the lurve in the ummah :(
              No...you just have psychological issues :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by ghuraba23 View Post
                i want to visit muslim brothers who are in hospital and may have no family to visit them. how would i go bout doing this???
                Great idea! Maybe find out whether your local NHS hospitals (if your are in the UK) have a volunteering team. If you contact them I'm pretty sure they will lead you in the right direction.

Good stuff so far; keep it rolling. :)

Comment

Salam alikom

alhamdulilah nice to see that so many brothers and sisters are involved in our Ummah...

My family here and in Flistine try to stay very involved. My husband is in charge of waking the brothers for fajr prayer to meet at the masjid and we own a resturant and at least 1 time a week we cook for the brothers and sisters at the masjid for iftar ..

For myself I help as much as i can in any way, from helping keep the masjid clean to doing other things
                  such as: caring for the needy ( i am an ER Nurse),
                  on several commities on a larger scale to spead the true nature in islam, to show those who believe in what they see on tv is not what islam is as it is potrayed.
                  helping organizing a girls youth group since where live is not an islamic country and there are not alot of girls who are muslim have some place to go and be able to identify themselves with so they dont feel so alone.

Protesting for Flistine and other oppressed countries where our brothers and sisters are fighting to be free.

May Allah help all of us to become stronger in our Ummah and help as much as we can . Ameen
                  "With our soul and blood we will redeem you O Palestine! HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل "

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X