X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick hypothetical question females only

salaam

2 part question

1) If i was married and I enjoyed tennis and sports. would it be permissible for me to take my wife to a public tennis court (unfortunately I am not rich enough to have one in my back yard) so she can join in and have some fun, to encourage exercise and increase or maintain love between us?

2) depends on answer to 1, if yes what would she wear because running around in an abaya would cause her to trip to which I would need to attend to her tennis wounds?

Re: quick hypothetical question females only

Originally posted by islam4u View Post
    salaam

2 part question

1) If i was married and I enjoyed tennis and sports. would it be permissible for me to take my wife to a public tennis court (unfortunately I am not rich enough to have one in my back yard) so she can join in and have some fun, to encourage exercise and increase or maintain love between us?

2) depends on answer to 1, if yes what would she wear because running around in an abaya would cause her to trip to which I would need to attend to her tennis wounds?
    How would an abaya make her trip?

There is a tennis court near my place and in the summer I sometimes go with my siblings. I wear my skirt and loose clothing and still play. Granted, I suck, but my clothes never hindered my ability to suck. :(

If you want to play with her, just make sure she's dressed appropriately and have fun.
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

:wswrwb:

It shouldn't be a problem, whenever I do sports outside I wear baggy trousers and a half open abaya over it.

Comment

these questions are getting ridiculous by the day....akhi use your brain im sure you have enough intellect to figure this out....u certainly figure out other things.
        *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Is this Bro Ridwans twin or summat?
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Masumah View Post
            these questions are getting ridiculous by the day....akhi use your brain im sure you have enough intellect to figure this out....u certainly figure out other things.
            :rotfl::up: let the kid enjoy. doesnt have any better thing to do

Comment

haha I know you said females only, but as you're a male I'll give you a quick, different answer from what I know.

Squash courts are usually indoor and is more intense than tennis, it is fun, and really awesome, usually the courts are closed off, though you have to make sure at the gym you go to.

Comment

jazakallah khair for the good and not so good replies I think

I've got my answers. Now I gotta get back to refute some posters lol

Comment

I would not be comfortable with playing sports in a mixed sex environment, there are female only clubs available.

But about women's dress codes, women have been working with dresses on fields, plenty of farm work tasks etc so just to let you know we are able to play sport wearing dresses too!
                  "Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth." Quran , Surah Baqarah 2:255

Comment

salaam

2 part question

now why would you want ure wife running around wen other men can see her?
                    check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
                      haha I know you said females only, but as you're a male I'll give you a quick, different answer from what I know.

Squash courts are usually indoor and is more intense than tennis, it is fun, and really awesome, usually the courts are closed off, though you have to make sure at the gym you go to.
                      bro lets take this to the other section. I'm getting this thread locked not closed. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
                        now why would you want ure wife running around wen other men can see her?
                        before i get this thread locked Sister, how come the other Sisters said it is alright to do so by wearing baggy clothing and they admitted to even doing it?

What's your stance on this?

Comment

before i get this thread locked Sister, how come the other Sisters said it is alright to do so by wearing baggy clothing and they admitted to even doing it?

Yes that's right, stir away.

Comment

im not a scholar so im not going to say if its allowed or not

but i remember hearing a lecture

the man described the time when The Prophet and 'Ayesha (ra) were racing. and he said that doesnt mean you take your wife to hyde park & have a race with her infront of everyone.

so the situation you describe is quite similar.
                            check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

salaam

2 part question

Interesting...

so you think to increase or maintain love between you and your wife, you both will have to go and swing the ball on either side of the net in a tennis court?
                              لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Working...
                              X