• Show
Clear All

• AbuMubarak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Justcurious
    replied
    Originally posted by LATEAFHA
    LOL what on earth, No tell me about it :)

thats really something,
    As I said above, I don't know anything exact. But, I guess, we can start on our own...

Leave a comment:

• Lateafha
    replied
    Originally posted by Justcurious
    Lateafha, I've also heard of that Maori greeting. But have you heard of yet another greeting, putting bottoms against one another?

I heard of this practice decades ago and I can't remember any more where you can find it.
    LOL what on earth, No tell me about it :)

thats really something,

Leave a comment:

• peacedove
    replied
    Originally posted by Justcurious
    Lateafha, I've also heard of that Maori greeting. But have you heard of yet another greeting, putting bottoms against one another?

I heard of this practice decades ago and I can't remember any more where you can find it.
    :-) i also read about this practice, ages ago. it takes all types to make this world.

Leave a comment:

• Justcurious
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lateafha
    replied
    We kiss 3 times

3 times on the left cheek, 3 times on the right cheek, Thats very common with Arabs :)

In New Zealand, Maoris have something called hongi

Their greeting is,

They press their nose against eachothers nose. With eye Contact,

Thats being respectful for them. :)

what a world, So the cheeks and hugs are not that bad when you hear that lol

Leave a comment:

• peacedove
    replied
    assalam-o-alaykum

kissing: male-to-male gives me the creeps. I haven't seen it in Pakistan or Bangladesh, or India. except older relatives or family friends to children.

but women have started to rub cheeks, i guess they have learnt from the Gulf & other Arab countries.

holding hands with is also a no-no with me, but here it is a sign of friendship.

although it is not necessarily a sign of homosexuality, yet it does not seem right.

& of course such intimacy with your wife or children is all right. In fact even with grown-up children it would be difficult. I think my children would explode if i kissed them or held their hands in public.

but on Eid days or on other special occasions, we can & do "Muanaqa". I don't know what to call it in English.

I did not realise that kissing was so wide-spread. this thread has really been educational.

Leave a comment:

• Justcurious
    replied
    Originally posted by amal
    it says it was the colour of the Prophet. i like the blue colour, everything blue:D would be the best. i think every person has a favourite colour. what its the name of artist:confused:
    Sorry, I can't remember, but I'll let you know if I find it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    it says it was the colour of the Prophet. i like the blue colour, everything blue:D would be the best. i think every person has a favourite colour. what its the name of artist:confused:

Leave a comment:

• Justcurious
    replied
    Originally posted by amal
    The artist like too much the red colour, face its too red, the cheeks are perfectly rounds, i not like it:( may be the man its happy because of Christmas but its something false in his happiness.
    In Romania the man shake hands and the women kiss the wind around of ears. fake kiss.
    I always thought its arab custom to kiss each other on cheeks.Good topic,
    Yes, people like different colours. Red was among my favourites as a child. But is it better than any other colour? Islam may prefer green, but on what grounds?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The artist like too much the red colour, face its too red, the cheeks are perfectly rounds, i not like it:( may be the man its happy because of Christmas but its something false in his happiness.
    In Romania the man shake hands and the women kiss the wind around of ears. fake kiss.
    I always thought its arab custom to kiss each other on cheeks.Good topic,

Leave a comment:

• Justcurious
    replied
    Originally posted by Ankaboot
    Certainly is strange though... something as simple as greeting each other is acceptable in one culture and is completely unacceptable in another...

Over here in the UK, its no problem seeing two women walking hand in hand (or arm in arm)..
    In places like Pak and India, two men walking in the same way would be considered 'normal'..

However, if it was vice versa in the repsective areas, the majority of people would stare with disapproval and disgust..
    Indeed, we should learn to understand different practices. I also see more or less acceptable that women walk together hand in hand, but as soon as someone in my part of the world sees a man walking hand in hand with another man, or two men kissing each other, that's a clear sign of homosexuality and that is often very difficult to accept. Unless you are gay, of course.

Here on Ummah I've learnt that homosexuality, even left-handedness, is sometimes very difficult for Muslims to accept.

Maybe we should learn to accept the fact that everyone else is never ready to accept.

Leave a comment:

• Latifa
    replied
    I don't know if I see the new avatar clearly...
    But aren't you dribbling something from your right nostril?..
    jeez anakaboot, give the avatar a break it looks freezing where it is :p

:D

Leave a comment:

• Justcurious
    replied
    Well, that's my only tooth and the moustache is a bit grey there.

Leave a comment:

• Zydee
    replied

:rotfl: trust you ankaboot to notice that! :rotfl:

JC forgot to use his kleenex's... shame

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X