Kissing among Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justcurious
    Did I want to stir? Well, in a way yes, I wanted to find a topic which would stir discussion. It appears I've succeeded. This is a difficult subject for many a Muslim, but there are several posts which show that the matter has been pondered upon.
    Like left-handedness people suffer from what some people regard as illnesses.

By the way, Zydee, are you fan of zydeco music? I like it a lot!
    nah JC, i don't think you have stirred much, not like you used to do. hey, seems as if you are losing your touch in your old age, huh? :)
    maybe you should start over on a new name.

seriously... i really liked your previous avatar. it was cuter, and softer, like i am sure you are if someone bothers to get to know you better.

i am glad you have accepted my left-handedness illness, and feel flattered that you remembered my comment some time back :) such acceptance are always welcomed by a muslim person.
    also, being left-handed allows me to keep up the connection between my typing, and my brain waves... something a right handed person like you would really appreciate.

thank goodness zydeco comes to mind when you read my name... unlike other meanings which you have informed people of! hillbilly music sound cute the first two tracks, but afterwards it can get a little boring... so in response to your question... i can take zydeco music in moderation. unfortunately, i don't have such a strong stomach as you do.

keep well, pal (",)
    [CENTER][LEFT][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - –[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray] - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – -
    [/COLOR][/B][/LEFT]
    [LEFT] [B][COLOR=Purple]I WANT TO[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Magenta]move it[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Teal]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] :zzz:

[/LEFT]
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Zydee
      nah JC, i don't think you have stirred much, not like you used to do. hey, seems as if you are losing your touch in your old age, huh? :)
      maybe you should start over on a new name.

seriously... i really liked your previous avatar. it was cuter, and softer, like i am sure you are if someone bothers to get to know you better.... (",)
      Good grief, somebody's referring to my old age and I'm barely fifty!

The new avatar is by the same artist as the previous one, but now that days are shorter and colder I have to wear a proper hat.

Glad that you also found zydeco music acceptable. Actually I don't like very many pieces at one go either.
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper
        In Syria, it is the norm to see a couple of teenager boys or grown men holding hands or walking arm in arm.

But this wasn't cultural, I was told it was because they had seen women doing it in the West, therefore accepted it as an 'ok' thing to do.
        Certainly is strange though... something as simple as greeting each other is acceptable in one culture and is completely unacceptable in another...

Over here in the UK, its no problem seeing two women walking hand in hand (or arm in arm)..
        In places like Pak and India, two men walking in the same way would be considered 'normal'..

However, if it was vice versa in the repsective areas, the majority of people would stare with disapproval and disgust..
        Please Forgive me for Removing your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Justcurious
          The new avatar is by the same artist as the previous one, but now that days are shorter and colder I have to wear a proper hat.
          I don't know if I see the new avatar clearly...
          But aren't you dribbling something from your right nostril?..
          Please Forgive me for Removing your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Ankaboot

:rotfl: trust you ankaboot to notice that! :rotfl:

JC forgot to use his kleenex's... shame
            [CENTER][LEFT][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - –[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray] - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – -
            [/COLOR][/B][/LEFT]
            [LEFT] [B][COLOR=Purple]I WANT TO[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Magenta]move it[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Teal]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] :zzz:

[/LEFT]
            [/CENTER]

Comment

Well, that's my only tooth and the moustache is a bit grey there.

Comment

jeez anakaboot, give the avatar a break it looks freezing where it is :p

:D

Comment

Certainly is strange though... something as simple as greeting each other is acceptable in one culture and is completely unacceptable in another...

Over here in the UK, its no problem seeing two women walking hand in hand (or arm in arm)..
                  In places like Pak and India, two men walking in the same way would be considered 'normal'..

However, if it was vice versa in the repsective areas, the majority of people would stare with disapproval and disgust..
                  Indeed, we should learn to understand different practices. I also see more or less acceptable that women walk together hand in hand, but as soon as someone in my part of the world sees a man walking hand in hand with another man, or two men kissing each other, that's a clear sign of homosexuality and that is often very difficult to accept. Unless you are gay, of course.

Here on Ummah I've learnt that homosexuality, even left-handedness, is sometimes very difficult for Muslims to accept.

Maybe we should learn to accept the fact that everyone else is never ready to accept.

Comment

The artist like too much the red colour, face its too red, the cheeks are perfectly rounds, i not like it:( may be the man its happy because of Christmas but its something false in his happiness.
                    In Romania the man shake hands and the women kiss the wind around of ears. fake kiss.
                    I always thought its arab custom to kiss each other on cheeks.Good topic,

Comment

Originally posted by amal
                      The artist like too much the red colour, face its too red, the cheeks are perfectly rounds, i not like it:( may be the man its happy because of Christmas but its something false in his happiness.
                      In Romania the man shake hands and the women kiss the wind around of ears. fake kiss.
                      I always thought its arab custom to kiss each other on cheeks.Good topic,
                      Yes, people like different colours. Red was among my favourites as a child. But is it better than any other colour? Islam may prefer green, but on what grounds?

Comment

it says it was the colour of the Prophet. i like the blue colour, everything blue:D would be the best. i think every person has a favourite colour. what its the name of artist:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by amal
                          it says it was the colour of the Prophet. i like the blue colour, everything blue:D would be the best. i think every person has a favourite colour. what its the name of artist:confused:
                          Sorry, I can't remember, but I'll let you know if I find it.

Comment

assalam-o-alaykum

kissing: male-to-male gives me the creeps. I haven't seen it in Pakistan or Bangladesh, or India. except older relatives or family friends to children.

but women have started to rub cheeks, i guess they have learnt from the Gulf & other Arab countries.

holding hands with is also a no-no with me, but here it is a sign of friendship.

although it is not necessarily a sign of homosexuality, yet it does not seem right.

& of course such intimacy with your wife or children is all right. In fact even with grown-up children it would be difficult. I think my children would explode if i kissed them or held their hands in public.

but on Eid days or on other special occasions, we can & do "Muanaqa". I don't know what to call it in English.

I did not realise that kissing was so wide-spread. this thread has really been educational.

Comment

We kiss 3 times

3 times on the left cheek, 3 times on the right cheek, Thats very common with Arabs :)

In New Zealand, Maoris have something called hongi

Their greeting is,

They press their nose against eachothers nose. With eye Contact,

Thats being respectful for them. :)

what a world, So the cheeks and hugs are not that bad when you hear that lol

Comment

Lateafha, I've also heard of that Maori greeting. But have you heard of yet another greeting, putting bottoms against one another?

I heard of this practice decades ago and I can't remember any more where you can find it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X