Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outlandish
    ohh boy what should I say
    thanks for this enlightening conversation into the different methods of kissing,am sure we all learned something very usefull han
    Sure! :D
    Well I'm nearly the only French here, so when I see someone speaks about France or asks something about my country I try to answer, even though the question ain't always very very important or interesting to lots of people!

Originally posted by Justcurious
    I know. Most people don't consider it a greeting I believe, but where's the limit of intimateness? In the past the Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev looked very intimate in his long kisses, even if they were not French..
    The observations about French kissing habits make me feel so confused that I probably have to avoid visiting a relative of mine who lives there!
    LOL I'm confused sometimes and don't really know how to do too...
    So I often say "hugh" whith a litte hand sign! You still can do that.
    By the way, I don't know any French (Muslim or not) who gives a French kiss as a greeting to someone esle. That would be very shocking!

Peace,
    Guile
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by guile
      Sure! :D
      Well I'm nearly the only French here, so when I see someone speaks about France or asks something about my country I try to answer, even though the question ain't always very very important or interesting to lots of people!
      Peace,
      Guile
      It was meant in a sarcastic way if u failed to see it
      I dont think its appropriate at all educating ppl here about such stuff,educate ppl about france if u must but there is something called a limit to what should be discussed so openly and what not,muslims are told to have some hayaa while saying stuff, and same goes for posting, this is a mixed forum...
      Man knows so much yet does so little...

Comment

Originally posted by outlandish
        It was meant in a sarcastic way if u failed to see it
        I dont think its appropriate at all educating ppl here about such stuff,educate ppl about france if u must but there is something called a limit to what should be discussed so openly and what not,muslims are told to have some hayaa while saying stuff, and same goes for posting, this is a mixed forum...
        Of course I got it Outlandish. :)
        I know this is not the kind of things that should be said on these boards, since they don't really concern Islam.
        By the way I didn't mean to educate anyone about how you should greet a French. It was just to explain a cultural difference, between Western countries and Middle East countries. I think it's interesting to know what's going on elsewhere, to compare situations.
        But I sure have to admit that - once more - it has deviated from the original topic, and that moreover, this topic wasn't worth such details... My apologies for that!

Peace
        Guile

Comment

Peace be upon you all,

The kissing business between men has been a no no with me mostly but its a Persian custom to kiss thre times when we meet I reluctantly have to go and kiss a respected elder or older more traditional relative's prickly "Brillo" beards - when we meet with a friend its usually the secret handshake.

I'll never forget the day I got married in NYC - There were probably around a thousand men, mostly Persians and to congratulate me they came one after another and kissed me three times on the cheeks.

My wife was getting jealous already.....

And I had nightmares for weeks...

Peace.

Comment

LOL @ Brillo beards :rotfl:

I know what you mean though, thank God I don't get scraped often!
            respect refugees

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Ali
              Peace be upon you all,

The kissing business between men has been a no no with me mostly but its a Persian custom to kiss thre times when we meet I reluctantly have to go and kiss a respected elder or older more traditional relative's prickly "Brillo" beards - when we meet with a friend its usually the secret handshake.

I'll never forget the day I got married in NYC - There were probably around a thousand men, mostly Persians and to congratulate me they came one after another and kissed me three times on the cheeks.

My wife was getting jealous already.....

And I had nightmares for weeks...

Peace.
              In my part of the world men's kissing always means that the men are gay, which Islam is definitely against. Just an observation. Arafat's behaviour, which I mentioned in the first post, might have been understandable, but still...

Comment

in india i think men hold each others hands on the road as a sign of friendliness

imagine holding another males hand if ur male in UK or wherever!

Comment

Where's Sajid's thread, which is given as the latest one?

----

Got it now, maybe it was my mistake. Despite refreshing.

Comment

in terms of what is or isnt appropriate, Rasulullah, SAWS, had no problem with kissing his grandchildren and his wives in public.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuNajm
                      in terms of what is or isnt appropriate, Rasulullah, SAWS, had no problem with kissing his grandchildren and his wives in public.
                      Could you give us the proper proof please? Because in an hour or so you'll have ten posts defaming the honorable Prophet and you'll have the kuffar attributing to him the perversion we see in the streets today.

Jazzakumullahu khair.

Comment

In Syria, it is the norm to see a couple of teenager boys or grown men holding hands or walking arm in arm.

But this wasn't cultural, I was told it was because they had seen women doing it in the West, therefore accepted it as an 'ok' thing to do.

:freedom:

As for kissing.... :inlove:

What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                        Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                        Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                        but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                        but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                        We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                        freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                        Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                        and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                        Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

i am sure just curious started this thread to stir, however, i will contribute to the cultural kissing thing.
                          in south africa, men kiss each other in greeting... they think it is 'continental'.
                          they actually rub beards :)

a bride get kissed on the cheek by all the guys after the mosque ceremony.
                          lately, the groom will kiss the new wife... then the next guy will greet, and kiss the bride, but if the groom stops the wellwisher and says 'no', then the rest of the guys take note, and then they don't kiss.
                          of course the uncles still kiss the bride, if it is their own relative.

so just curious, should the urge arise for you to kiss men, then it is not something to be afraid of, just go with the flow, and kiss the man, and then put on your fez... you little closet muslim in denial!
                          [CENTER][LEFT][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - –[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray] - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – -
                          [/COLOR][/B][/LEFT]
                          [LEFT] [B][COLOR=Purple]I WANT TO[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Magenta]move it[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Teal]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] :zzz:

[/LEFT]
                          [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Zydee
                            i am sure just curious started this thread to stir, however...(contd.)

so just curious, should the urge arise for you to kiss men, then it is not something to be afraid of, just go with the flow, and kiss the man, and then put on your fez... you little closet muslim in denial!
                            Did I want to stir? Well, in a way yes, I wanted to find a topic which would stir discussion. It appears I've succeeded. This is a difficult subject for many a Muslim, but there are several posts which show that the matter has been pondered upon.

I am a happy father and grandfather and I have never felt any desire for homosexual relationships, but I accept them. Like left-handedness people suffer from what some people regard as illnesses.

By the way, Zydee, are you fan of zydeco music? I like it a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Justcurious
                              and I have need felt any desire for homosexual relationships,
                              You what?

Comment

Originally posted by Latifa
                                You what?
                                Sorry. Need = never. I thought faster than I was able to write.

What do you think of my Christmas avatar? It is so cold that I had to put a proper hat on.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X