Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Better then you, How dare you try to tell me something!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm Better then you, How dare you try to tell me something!!

Originally posted by Umm Aftaab View Post
    Asalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Jazaka Allahu geiran for sharing these beneficial words !

Sadly, this attitiude is what few new muslims in my surroundings including myself experience. My sister ( friend ) said that this was the reason for her to keep quiet and not correct some muslims anymore as , when she does, she is met with hatred and the : "who do you think you are ? accompanied with laughter and mocking"

My first muslim husband used to furiate completely if I would advice that alcohol is haram, riba...or correct him on other matters of Islam, even when using the most sweet and calm words in the world. He would say: I found you a kufar and you will always be a kufar - billie sau chuha kahte abhi jannah jane? ( cat ate 100 mice and now she wants to go to heaven? ) - you 're a woman of 1000 zina and im a born muslim, etc etc etc. Ofcourse he was not practising much.
    My second muslim husband ( and his sister/bro in law ) furiated when...they had falsely accused me of a zina-relationship and I told, with daleel, that they should apologize...they said: who do you think you are, we are from family of ulama, you dont know abc of islam, we are born muslims, we will never ask forgiveness to you .....then as punishment for my 'asking for foriveness' they told me i was banned from the family till death.
    then I also told them about this wonderful article you shared here but they remained stubborn. i told them kibr is the kufar of Shaytaan, as he also felt much better then Aadam to bow for him and Allah Ta'ala punished him severely for it. Alhamdulillah I left him too, and to show me they hadnot changed their mind they now called me a whore. Astaghfirullah. I will meet them on the Day of Judgement Inshallah.
    May Allah azzawajal increase you in emaan, give you the best sabr,rida,and shukr, ease your path to jannah and bless you with a husband from among the men of Jannah who work this earth.ameen!

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
      i said this in modern context, even that as a matter of fact it's still difficult for a scholar to qualify him/herself to be called mujtahid, let alone a self proclaimed mujtahid.

I heard that Imam al-Syafie' rahimahullah can be a benchmark for a scholar to be called a Mujtahid and as a matter of fact Ibn Taymiyyah RA can't surpass his knowledge and scholarship. So it's useful for us to learn and study carefully what makes Imam al-Shafie a mujtahid, what qualifies him? on top of his piety, the Quran and Hadith he memorized? the depth of knowledge he has in all the branches of Islamic sciences, tafsir of Quran and Hadith, usul al fiqh etc.
      are you trying to say Shaykul Islam Ibn Taymiyah was not at the level to make ijtihad? Even his enemies who would come to debate him would take him a hujja in their own mathab.

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
        are you trying to say Shaykul Islam Ibn Taymiyah was not at the level to make ijtihad? Even his enemies who would come to debate him would take him a hujja in their own mathab.
        no, im sure it was about the comparative level scholars based their opinion on. this is what I heard from two ustaz discussing the scholarship of Imam As Shafie' Rahimahullah. each scholar differ in their expertise, how many ahadith they memorized and this doesn't make Ibn Taymiyyah any less credible and by no means I'm belittling other mazahib. It just happened that most people in Malaysia are followers of Shafi's mazhab.
        Last edited by Supernova Nebula; 09-06-10, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Aftaab View Post
          Asalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Jazaka Allahu geiran for sharing these beneficial words !

Sadly, this attitiude is what few new muslims in my surroundings including myself experience. My sister ( friend ) said that this was the reason for her to keep quiet and not correct some muslims anymore as , when she does, she is met with hatred and the : "who do you think you are ? accompanied with laughter and mocking"

My first muslim husband used to furiate completely if I would advice that alcohol is haram, riba...or correct him on other matters of Islam, even when using the most sweet and calm words in the world. He would say: I found you a kufar and you will always be a kufar - billie sau chuha kahte abhi jannah jane? ( cat ate 100 mice and now she wants to go to heaven? ) - you 're a woman of 1000 zina and im a born muslim, etc etc etc. Ofcourse he was not practising much.
          My second muslim husband ( and his sister/bro in law ) furiated when...they had falsely accused me of a zina-relationship and I told, with daleel, that they should apologize...they said: who do you think you are, we are from family of ulama, you dont know abc of islam, we are born muslims, we will never ask forgiveness to you .....then as punishment for my 'asking for foriveness' they told me i was banned from the family till death.
          then I also told them about this wonderful article you shared here but they remained stubborn. i told them kibr is the kufar of Shaytaan, as he also felt much better then Aadam to bow for him and Allah Ta'ala punished him severely for it. Alhamdulillah I left him too, and to show me they hadnot changed their mind they now called me a whore. Astaghfirullah. I will meet them on the Day of Judgement Inshallah.
          i really despise this kind of people, don't they know that almost all companions RA were converts/reverts themselves? this same behavior come from arabs too, if you are reverts/non arab speaking studying Islam they won't take you seriously and some of them think they are superior just because they are native arabic speaker, don't they know that Imam Al-Ghazali, Bukhari and many other prominent scholars of Islam came from non arabic speaking countries?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X