Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Better then you, How dare you try to tell me something!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Better then you, How dare you try to tell me something!!

"...The second characteristic that everyone has to be cautious of, but especially those people who are studying the `ilm, who have been given by Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa), who have been blessed by Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) to have knowledge and to be making da`wah, these people have to be very careful about a disease that comes to people of this nature many times, unfortunately, and this is the disease of kibr, of arrogance and pride. And sometimes the way this is reflected is where the person refuses and does not want anyone to correct him, or at least he will not accept correction from certain people. Ya`nee he may accept correction or be told that he is wrong by someone who is from his group, someone who is a close friend of his, but anybody else, he will look down upon anyone else, and he will not accept any kind of criticism from anybody else, and this is kibr. This is pride and arrogance, as described in the hadeeth of the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam). The Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said that no one who has even a mustard grain seed weight of kibr in his heart, no one who has this in his heart will enter Jannah.

Someone asked the Prohpet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), he said that a man loves to have nice clothing on, put nice shoes., and he understood this is may kibr; the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said, "Allaah is beautiful and loves beauty," ya`nee this is not kibr, but kibr is "to reject the truth and to look down upon the people", to reject the truth for example when it comes to you from the source you do not like, when it comes to you from someone perhaps who is not as much upon the right path as you think you are, and to look down upon other people and to disgrace them, this is kibr.

You have to realize that, I don't care if you are the biggest `aalim in the world, you could make a mistake sometimes, that some child could come up to you and say, you know, that was a mistake. Al-Bukhaaree was just 11 or 12 years old the first time he corrected his shaykh.

This is something that we have to be very careful about especially as I said when we are involved in da`wah and in giving knowledge. Because it is really when one gets knowledge that he feels, who are you to talk to me,... don't talk to me, you have a problem with me,... go talk to the ulamaa', and have the ulamaa' come and talk to me. This is a problem, and it is very dangerous unfortunately."

Jamal Al deen Zarabozo.

Re: I'm Better then you, How dare you try to tell me something!!

Our previous scholars were very humble, would have no problem if corrected. Abu Bakr after he assumed leadership asked the Muslimun to correct him if he was wrong unlike today's so-called scholars and leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
      "...The second characteristic that everyone has to be cautious of, but especially those people who are studying the `ilm, who have been given by Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa), who have been blessed by Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) to have knowledge and to be making da`wah, these people have to be very careful about a disease that comes to people of this nature many times, unfortunately, and this is the disease of kibr, of arrogance and pride. And sometimes the way this is reflected is where the person refuses and does not want anyone to correct him, or at least he will not accept correction from certain people. Ya`nee he may accept correction or be told that he is wrong by someone who is from his group, someone who is a close friend of his, but anybody else, he will look down upon anyone else, and he will not accept any kind of criticism from anybody else, and this is kibr. This is pride and arrogance, as described in the hadeeth of the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam). The Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said that no one who has even a mustard grain seed weight of kibr in his heart, no one who has this in his heart will enter Jannah.

Someone asked the Prohpet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam), he said that a man loves to have nice clothing on, put nice shoes., and he understood this is may kibr; the Prophet (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said, "Allaah is beautiful and loves beauty," ya`nee this is not kibr, but kibr is "to reject the truth and to look down upon the people", to reject the truth for example when it comes to you from the source you do not like, when it comes to you from someone perhaps who is not as much upon the right path as you think you are, and to look down upon other people and to disgrace them, this is kibr.

You have to realize that, I don't care if you are the biggest `aalim in the world, you could make a mistake sometimes, that some child could come up to you and say, you know, that was a mistake. Al-Bukhaaree was just 11 or 12 years old the first time he corrected his shaykh.

This is something that we have to be very careful about especially as I said when we are involved in da`wah and in giving knowledge. Because it is really when one gets knowledge that he feels, who are you to talk to me,... don't talk to me, you have a problem with me,... go talk to the ulamaa', and have the ulamaa' come and talk to me. This is a problem, and it is very dangerous unfortunately."

Jamal Al deen Zarabozo.
      سبحان الله
      I was going to post something with this meaning but you went one step ahead.
      جزاكم الله خيرا

أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ الدِّينُ النَّصِيحَةُ قُلْنَا لِمَنْ قَالَ لِلَّهِ وَلِكِتَابِهِ وَلِرَسُولِهِ وَلِأَئِمَّةِ الْمُسْلِمِينَ وَعَامَّتِهِمْ. صحيح مسلم.

Prophet mohammed (pbuh) said that the religion is to advice, we said to whom? he said: To Allah, his book, his prophet, the scholars of islam and the public. Sahih muslim
      islamway
      اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Jamal Al deen Zarabozo.
        salaam

this is all ties in nicely with the diseases of the heart

Comment

:salams

:jkk:

Very beneficial read. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
            Our previous scholars were very humble, would have no problem if corrected. Abu Bakr after he assumed leadership asked the Muslimun to correct him if he was wrong unlike today's so-called scholars and leaders.
            and so-called half scholars :o

Comment

Jamal Al deen Zarabozo.
              salaam, im jackin this please...this is a very good reminder to all of us

jazakallah khayr for postin it
              Your 9/11 is how we live 24/7 ~ yours sincerely Palestine

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mujahid12 View Post
                and so-called half scholars :o
                and so-called posers, ha! how about that lol

Comment

Umar also did the same, when he made a ruling as to the limit on mahr, and his fatwa was rejected by a woman, he went as far as announcing it again, that Umar was wrong and the woman was right. mashallah.

by the way, i forget where he got his phd from.

Try that with modern scholars.
                  (the types calling anwar al awlaki a deviant jahil since he don't have a phd from somewhere. click)

[Alhamdulillahi rabbil3aalamyin

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Abuaafiyah View Post
                      Umar also did the same, when he made a ruling as to the limit on mahr, and his fatwa was rejected by a woman, he went as far as announcing it again, that Umar was wrong and the woman was right. mashallah.

by the way, i forget where he got his phd from.

Try that with modern scholars.
                      (the types calling anwar al awlaki a deviant jahil since he don't have a phd from somewhere. click)
                      they use this principle that one wrong ijtihad is still considered to be one hasanat but in actual fact is that, just because you have a PhD, it doesnt give you the license to do ijtihad, a Mujtahid apart from a PhD took years years and years of learning and mastering knowledge indepth, memorizes the quran, a hafiz, memorizes lots and lots of ahadith, high level of proficiency in arabic to be qualified to be called a Mujtahid and to reach the level of one wrong ijitihad still considered a sawab (?)

Comment

bump
                        http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
                        HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
                        Shaykh Akram Nadwi

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

JazakAllah khair for bumping this.

Comment

they use this principle that one wrong ijtihad is still considered to be one hasanat but in actual fact is that, just because you have a PhD, it doesnt give you the license to do ijtihad, a Mujtahid apart from a PhD took years years and years of learning and mastering knowledge indepth, memorizes the quran, a hafiz, memorizes lots and lots of ahadith, high level of proficiency in arabic to be qualified to be called a Mujtahid and to reach the level of one wrong ijitihad still considered a sawab (?)
                            i said this in modern context, even that as a matter of fact it's still difficult for a scholar to qualify him/herself to be called mujtahid, let alone a self proclaimed mujtahid.

I heard that Imam al-Syafie' rahimahullah can be a benchmark for a scholar to be called a Mujtahid and as a matter of fact Ibn Taymiyyah RA can't surpass his knowledge and scholarship. So it's useful for us to learn and study carefully what makes Imam al-Shafie a mujtahid, what qualifies him? on top of his piety, the Quran and Hadith he memorized? the depth of knowledge he has in all the branches of Islamic sciences, tafsir of Quran and Hadith, usul al fiqh etc.

Comment

Asalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Jazaka Allahu geiran for sharing these beneficial words !

Sadly, this attitiude is what few new muslims in my surroundings including myself experience. My sister ( friend ) said that this was the reason for her to keep quiet and not correct some muslims anymore as , when she does, she is met with hatred and the : "who do you think you are ? accompanied with laughter and mocking"

My first muslim husband used to furiate completely if I would advice that alcohol is haram, riba...or correct him on other matters of Islam, even when using the most sweet and calm words in the world. He would say: I found you a kufar and you will always be a kufar - billie sau chuha kahte abhi jannah jane? ( cat ate 100 mice and now she wants to go to heaven? ) - you 're a woman of 1000 zina and im a born muslim, etc etc etc. Ofcourse he was not practising much.
                              My second muslim husband ( and his sister/bro in law ) furiated when...they had falsely accused me of a zina-relationship and I told, with daleel, that they should apologize...they said: who do you think you are, we are from family of ulama, you dont know abc of islam, we are born muslims, we will never ask forgiveness to you .....then as punishment for my 'asking for foriveness' they told me i was banned from the family till death.
                              then I also told them about this wonderful article you shared here but they remained stubborn. i told them kibr is the kufar of Shaytaan, as he also felt much better then Aadam to bow for him and Allah Ta'ala punished him severely for it. Alhamdulillah I left him too, and to show me they hadnot changed their mind they now called me a whore. Astaghfirullah. I will meet them on the Day of Judgement Inshallah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X