Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backbiting

:salams
    "Oh you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, indeed some suspicions are sin. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful. (Al Hujarat:12).

The Prophet said:
    “When I was taken up into heaven, I was taken past some people who had nails of copper with which they were scratching their faces and chests. I said: "Who are these, O Jibreel?" He said: These are the ones who ate the flesh of the people and impugned their honour (Backbited and slandered)
    .”
    (Ahmad).

The Prophet said:
    “Whoever has wronged his brother with regard to his honour or something (backbited, slandered, gossiped), let him ask him for forgiveness before the time when there will be neither dinar nor dirham, and if he has any good deeds it will be taken from him in proportion to the wrong he did, and if he does not have any good deeds, some of the other person's evil deeds will be taken and given to him to bear.”
    (Bukhari).

Re: Backbiting

Ouch!
    Let's hope that doesn't happen to our Muslim brothers and sisters!

Well, let's hope it doesn't happen to anyone!
    InshAllah...:(

Comment

The Scandal-monger (Al-Humaza)Revealed before the Hijrah. This chapter has 9 verses.
      In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
      1. Woe to every (kind of) scandal-monger and backbiter,
      2. Who pileth up wealth and layeth it by,
      3. Thinking that his wealth would make him last for ever!
      4. By no means! He will be sure to be thrown into That which Breaks to Pieces,
      5. And what will explain to thee That which Breaks to Pieces?
      6. (It is) the Fire of Allah kindled (to a blaze),
      7. The which doth mount (Right) to the Hearts:
      8. It shall be made into a vault over them,
      9. In columns outstretched.

Comment

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet :saw: said: "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day does not harm is neighbour, and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day shows hospitality to his guest and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day speaks good or remains silent." (Muslim)

Abu Darda narrated that the Prophet :saw: said: "He who defends the honour of his brother (defending the Muslim who has been backbited or slandered), Allah will secure his face against the Fire on the Day of Resurrection.'' (Tirmidhi)

Comment

The Prophet :saw: said: “Whoever can guarantee to me what is between his two lips and what is between his two legs, I can guarantee for him Paradise.” (Bukhari)

Comment

subhanAllah.. may Allah guide us and save us from the hell-fire, aameen

:jkk:
            sigpic

Comment

"nom nom nom"

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                subhanallah.. May allah guide us and save us from the hell-fire, aameen

:jkk:
                ameen

Comment

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet :saw: said: “Do you know what backbiting (gheebah) is?” They said: “Allah and His Messenger know best.” He said: “Saying something about your brother that he dislikes.” It was said: “What if what I say about my brother is true?” He said: “If what you say is true then you have backbitten about him, and if it is not true, then you have slandered him.” (Muslim)

Narrated Ibn Abbas:"The Messenger of Allah passed by two graves and said: “They are being punished, but they are not being punished for anything that was hard to avoid. One of them used to walk about spreading malicious gossip, and the other used not to take precautions to avoid getting urine on himself when he urinated.” Then he called for a green branch, which he split in two and planted a piece on each grave, and said: “May their torment be reduced so long as these do not dry out.” (Bukhari)

Comment

Muadh ibn Jabal narrated: "I said: "O Messenger of Allah, tell me of an act which will take me into the Paradise and will keep me away from the Hell-fire. He :saw: said: "You have asked me about a major matter, yet it is easy for him for whom Allah makes it easy. You should worship Allah, associating nothing with Him, you should perform the prayers, you should pay the zakat, you should fast in Ramdan, and you should make the pilgrimage to the House. Then he said: "Shall I not show you the gates of goodness? Fasting is a shield, sadaqa extinguishes sin as water extinguishes fire, and the praying of a man in the depths of night (tahajjud). Then he recited: "Their sides forsake their beds invoking their Lord in fear and hope and they spend out of what we have bestowed on them. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do. (As-Sajdah:16-17)". Then he said: "Shall I not tell you of the peak of the matter, its pillar, and its uppermost part?" I said: "Yes O Messenger of Allah." He said: "The peak of the matter is Islam, the pillar is the prayer, and its topmost part is Jihad." Then he said: "Shall I not tell you of the controlling of all that? I said: "Yes O Messenger of Allah." And he took hold of his tongue and said: “Restrain this (from backbiting, slandering, cursing etc.).” I said:" O Prophet of Allah, will what we say be held against us?" He said: "May your mother be bereaved of you, O Muadh! Is there anything that topples people on their faces into the fire of Hell other than the harvests of their tongues?" (Tirmidhi)

Comment

Abu Barzah al Aslami narrated that the Prophet :saw: said: "O you who have spoken the words of faith but faith has not truly entered your hearts. Do not backbite about the Muslims, and do not seek out their faults. For whoever seeks out their faults, Allah will seek out his faults, and if Allah seeks out a person’s faults He will expose him even in his own house.” (Abu Dawud)

Khalid Ibn Walid narrated that a man came to the Prophet :saw: and said: "I'd like Allah to provide me with a protective covering on the Day of Judgement." Nabi :saw: replied: "Do not uncover your fellow brothers faults, and Allah will provide you with a covering protection on the Day of Judgement." (Ahmad)

Comment

Jazakallahukhayr for the reminder.:up:

Comment

backbiting is one of those things that you come across all the time ... sometimes when i hear things I know its wrong because it is also said that its wrong to hear people do it. But how do you go about telling people like your friends that it is wrong without sounding hypocritical

Comment

Working...
                          X