The F Word on Channel 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The F Word on Channel 4

Just had to make people aware of this, dont know if anyone's watching this programme on channel 4.
    Its about 2 indian restaurants competing to be the best, but they just showed a young guy who claimed to be a 'muslim hunter' who supplies the halal food to restaurants.

He shot an animal, it died, then he slit the animals throat and said the prayer, then he said to Gordon Ramsay, that's how we make meat halal.
    I didnt catch his name, but that's disgusting, i bet this happens all over england everyday, can't even trust our so called 'halal' meat shops!

Re: The F Word on Channel 4

Originally posted by Koshur View Post
    Just had to make people aware of this, dont know if anyone's watching this programme on channel 4.
    Its about 2 indian restaurants competing to be the best, but they just showed a young guy who claimed to be a 'muslim hunter' who supplies the halal food to restaurants.

He shot an animal, it died, then he slit the animals throat and said the prayer, then he said to Gordon Ramsay, that's how we make meat halal.
    I didnt catch his name, but that's disgusting, i bet this happens all over england everyday, can't even trust our so called 'halal' meat shops!
    It is permissable to do so, as long as the animal was not completly dead then he made it Halal in the manner you stated is fine when we are discussing if the meat is HALAL for us to consume. Anyone who has studied this will know inshaAllah.

Inregards to the shooting. if he said bismillah when he pulled the trigger and he was hunting then this is also fine.

These things are usually a suprise when people have not studied issues indetail and know about these issues in islam.

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
      Inregards to the shooting. if he said bismillah when he pulled the trigger and he was hunting then this is also fine.
      sorry but I've never heard that one before..

the whole point of having halal meat is that you slit its throat and hang it so the blood drains out - since blood is considered impure n'all.
      Last edited by *Sarah; 10-11-09, 10:51 PM.

Comment

It is permissable to do so, as long as the animal was not completly dead then he made it Halal in the manner you stated is fine when we are discussing if the meat is HALAL for us to consume. Anyone who has studied this will know inshaAllah.

These things are usually a suprise when people have not studied issues indetail and know about these issues in islam.
        No it was dead, once he shot it, as i have CLEARLY stated in my original post!
        Once he shot it, they checked and said right it's dead.
        Then he slit the throat, the animal didn't so much as even move with it's eyes wide open.

And no prayer was uttered when he pressed the trigger.

I do know what i'm talking about, so don't just assume i know nothing about this issue!

Maybe you should watch the programme before commenting!!!

Comment

No it was dead, once he shot it, as i have CLEARLY stated in my original post!
          Once he shot it, they checked and said right it's dead.
          Then he slit the throat, the animal didn't so much as even move with it's eyes wide open.

And no prayer was uttered when he pressed the trigger.

I do know what i'm talking about, so don't just assume i know nothing about this issue!

Maybe you should watch the programme before commenting!!!

Comment

Praise be to Allaah.

If you shoot the deer with the rifle and mention the name of Allaah, and hit the deer, and it dies from that shot, then it is halaal and it is permissible to eat it. If you catch up with it when it is still alive, it is essential that you slaughter it properly.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Are the birds that we shoot with rifles and they died halaal or not? We find that some birds that we shoot have died before we can say the name of Allaah over them.

He replied:

Yes, if you shoot a rifle when hunting birds or rabbits or deer, and you say the name of Allaah when pulling the trigger, then it will be halaal, even if you find it already dead, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whatever causes the blood to flow and the name of Allaah has been mentioned over it, then eat.” And he said: “If you release your (hunting) dog and mention the name of Allaah over it, then eat.” But if it is still alive and able to move then you must slaughter it properly and mention the name of Allaah over it when slaughtering it. If you do not do that and it dies, then it becomes haraam for you. But attention must be paid to mentioning the name of Allaah when pulling the trigger, because if you do not mention the name of Allaah then it is haraam to eat it, even if you forget, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whatever causes the blood to flow and the name of Allaah has been mentioned over it, then eat.” And he said: “Do not eat of that over which the name of Allaah has not been mentioned.” End quote from Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Is it sufficient for me to say Bismillaah wa Allaahu akbar when inserting bullets into the rifle when hunting, or must I mention the name of Allaah when pulling the trigger of the rifle?

He replied:

What you must do is mention the name of Allaah when shooting, and it is not sufficient to mention the name of Allaah when putting the bullets into the rifle, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you shoot your arrow, then mention the name of Allaah” (saheeh – agreed upon, from the hadeeth of ‘Adiyy ibn Haatim (may Allaah be pleased with him); this version was narrated by Muslim). End quote from Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (23/91).

And Allaah knows best.
            Last edited by aG123; 10-11-09, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Subhanallah I've never ever ever heard that before. I've been under the impression that if you kill an animal any other way than slitting it's throat, it is haram.

Can someone else back this up for me ? I'm quite shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by *Sarah View Post
                Subhanallah I've never ever ever heard that before. I've been under the impression that if you kill an animal any other way than slitting it's throat, it is haram.

Can someone else back this up for me ? I'm quite shocked.
                Sister, I too was shocked when i studied this the first time, but you will not take my word hence I have given you the fatawaa of some of the most well respected shayuke that have lived in our time.

This can be found here

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/121239/hunting

Also, Remember this is hunting.

I have no reason to lie.And Im sure people will testify that im an ok normal Sunni muslim, inshaAllah following the Quran and Sunnah.

Comment

It makes sense because how can you slit a wild animals throat? the animal would just escape...
                  Last edited by TRANSWARP; 10-11-09, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Sister, I too was shocked when i studied this the first time, but you will not take my word hence I have given you the fatawaa of some of the most well respected shayuke that have lived in our time.

This can be found here

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/121239/hunting

Also, Remember this is hunting.

I have no reason to lie.And Im sure people will testify that im an ok normal Sunni muslim, inshaAllah following the Quran and Sunnah.
                    Oh i'm so sorry, I never meant to imply that you were lying! ! I'm just very unsure as this is the first time I've heard it. Forgive me if I offended you :'(

:jkk:

Comment

Also watched this.. Was like
                      SPREAD OF EVIL
                      ZIONISM
                      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by *Sarah View Post
                        Oh i'm so sorry, I never meant to imply that you were lying! ! I'm just very unsure as this is the first time I've heard it. Forgive me if I offended you :'(

:jkk:
                        None taken. :D

Comment

Salaam to all. Just to let you all know, the guy on the F word lastnight hunting was me. I have been hunting deer/birds etc since i was about 10 years old. What i was saying on the program that if it was ME who had shot this deer this is what i would have done to insure it is halal... by saying "bismiallah allah hu akbar" befor the trigger is pulled the animal will be halal even if it is dead before you get to it inshallah. If however it is still alive you must bleed the animal by sliting the throat as i demonstrated in the program. I only showed what i would have done if it was me who was shooting and if the animal was still alive, as Gordon shot the animal it was not halal and no were did i say this animal is halal! I have taken a fathwa from a respected scholar from my local masjid and he also agrees with the above. Thank you. If anyone wants to speek to me you can pm me and i will send you my number and we can have a chat. Wslaam, and thank you for reading.

*the above only applys to hunting wild animals. As wild animals are not in your control you can not catch them and slaughter them the standard way*
                          Last edited by Mubz; 11-11-09, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I never said i suply halal food to restaurants. To suply game e.g deer meat for public consumption you need various qualifications. Please dont make things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mubz View Post
                              Salaam to all. Just to let you all know, the guy on the F word lastnight hunting was me. I have been hunting deer/birds etc since i was about 10 years old. What i was saying on the program that if it was ME who had shot this deer this is what i would have done to insure it is halal... by saying "bismiallah allah hu akbar" befor the trigger is pulled the animal will be halal even if it is dead before you get to it inshallah. If however it is still alive you must bleed the animal by sliting the throat as i demonstrated in the program. I only showed what i would have done if it was me who was shooting and if the animal was still alive, as Gordon shot the animal it was not halal and no were did i say this animal is halal! I have taken a fathwa from a respected scholar from my local masjid and he also agrees with the above. Thank you. If anyone wants to speek to me you can pm me and i will send you my number and we can have a chat. Wslaam, and thank you for reading.

*the above only applys to hunting wild animals. As wild animals are not in your control you can not catch them and slaughter them the standard way*
                              Dont worry ahki, its all cleared up :up:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X