X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected? Join the Club!

Rejected? Join the Club!
    Please Re-update your Signature

Interesting post. I try to avoid getting into theological debate but the phrase "A true friend will accept your decision, however" did cause me to raise an eyebrow. A lot of people on here seem to peddle the don't take non-Muslims as your friends line. Is this line totally discredited? If it isn;t why would a true friend accept a move that would render the individual incapable of reciprocating true brotherly friendship with his or her "true friend"?

Comment

thanks consider for the post
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

C&G, That reference was reguarding telling a non Muslim military secretes during a battle over 1000 years ago. People that turn that into "no non Muslims as friends" are takeing a paragraph out of context. Nobody I know would give someone a hard time for not drinking, I do have relitives that will insist you eat something several times but that's their way of being hospitable. Generally the same ones if you told them you don't eat meat they would fix a veggie dish for you even if you said you're not hungry. Sidenote quiz: guess what side of the family (nationality) that comes from and/or other nationalities that do the same.

Comment

Chinese? They are the most "demandingly" hospitable people I have dealt with.

Comment

And sudanese

Peace
            3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

moroccans are also very hospitable people. when in their home they will continue to refill your drink over and over until you place your hand on top of the glass/cup.

i still have the same "true friends" that I grew up with in my non muslim days. we all have matured and have our own lives now, but always keep in touch and try to see one another when we can. i cant see giving up friendships with people I shared so much of my life with. they respect me and I respect them.

Comment

Comment

Massallah Sister. Interesting life you lead:) .

I must say as well, Chinese are extemely nice and East Asians too. But hey, EVERYONE is demandingly nice, NO one is bad. We just don't realize that potential.

Comment

:badguy:
                    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

True friends stick.

They listen. But they are v. few.

Maybe they will be guided.

Sometimes even family unstick :(

Al hamdulillah ala kulli hal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaserah
                        ameen
                        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Wow what a beautiful prayer. Amazing .When i read the translations of some arabic dwas they are just beautiful.

Isit better to learn the arabic or the english, though?
                          "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
                          -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
                          Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

i have not told my parents yet and none of my relatives' muslim...
                            :up: :lailah: :up:

Comment

Originally posted by PiElle
                              i have not told my parents yet and none of my relatives' muslim...
                              don't worry sis, all in good time inshaAllah :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X