Ramadhan without family..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramadhan without family..

What should a convert with no family do during Ramadhan? Especialy Eid ul fitr?

Im from a christian background, and i know christmas is joyous day with family, but horrible if your alone. My family is non muslim. So i will essentially be alone during ramadhan and on eid.

What should i do? family is such a big part of eid :( i should look FORWARD to ramadhan, but i dread it.
    Please Re-update your Signature

been there done that

go to the masjid, sit with the brothers, enjoy the eid, gain the blessings

if everyone leaves, sit in the masjid, read quran, make dua
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

ah so your a convert too brother?

you've gone through ramadhan with no muslim family? it wasn't depressing for you?

Comment

nope, because my purpose for being there wasnt to socialize, it was to fulfill my duty of obeying the messenger of Allah, of spreading the salaams, of seeing my muslim brothers
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Ali.. AbuM is correct..
          The mosque is the best place during Ramadhan..
          Some mosques provide Iftaari (opening fast meal)..
          Read your Magrib prayer with congregation..
          Enjoy the meal and the company of fellow Muslims..
          Great atmosphere in the mosque, especially during Ramadhan...
          :up:
          Please Forgive me for Removing your Signature

Comment

akhi, i accepted islam alone

i have twelve kids and four grandkids now

so just be patient and love the sunnah
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

"nope, because my purpose for being there wasnt to socialize, it was to fulfill my duty of obeying the messenger of Allah, of spreading the salaams, of seeing my muslim brothers"

your so sensitive and caring..thanks brother

</sarcasm>

Comment

sorry to offfend

sarcasm is from shaytan
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Yeah ok

Comment

Re: Ramadhan without family..

Originally posted by alifromconroe

Im from a christian background, and i know christmas is joyous day with family, but horrible if your alone. My family is non muslim. So i will essentially be alone during ramadhan and on eid.

What should i do? family is such a big part of eid :( i should look FORWARD to ramadhan, but i dread it.
                    I am in the same situation as you brother but alhamdulillah I manage to get by ok :)

Unfortunately one of our masjids won't allow women and the masjid which does allow is has rarely got any going to it.

I tend to stay at home, cook the meal, make a sweet dish, clean, pray.

Comment

You're right, family is really a big part of Eid. But in Islam, fellow Muslims should be like brothers and sisters to you. That's why it's helpful to make friends at a local masjid (I think I mentioned that in your thread, "marriage or sin"). That way, you get to enjoy a nice day with them on Eid. The prayer in the morning is really the best part of Eid and it's what makes Eid feel like Eid ;) Also, as Ankaboot said, there are lots of masajid that provide iftaars during Ramadan. And even if there aren't, try to get yourself to a masjid to pray the taraweeh (night prayers) after Ishaa. It'll give you sense of comfort and satisfaction. May Allah be with you.

~Ayah

Comment

assalaamu alaikum ali

My family isn't muslim either but I still like Ramadan. I prefer it when I go to a friend's house n can get up 4 iftar & prayin fajr with them rather than by myself @ my house but if u have to do it by urself at ur house its still worth it. plus I think the harder something is for u the more reward you get for it, I'm sure I heard that somewhere.
                        And insha allah in the future u will have a muslim wife and kids who u can spend Ramadan with.
                        Find out what is happening at ur mosque tho, there must be people who you can pray taraweeh with & maybe go and break ur fast with. Here all the women bring food n we take it up 2 the top floor of the mosque n all hang out up there :p
                        or do u have any muslim friends cuz u might b able to stay with them for a few days in ramadan?
                        .: Rufaida :.
                        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                        People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.
                        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

You have joined the bigggest family in the world, spend your time at the mosque with your muslim brothers. Anyone who knows your situation will have you over to their house before you even realize what has happened. :) Don't worry, put your trust in Allah (swt), you will never be alone :)

Your sister in Islam

Peace
                          3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

Working...
                          X