The breaking of family ties in order to save ones religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The breaking of family ties in order to save ones religion

My parents and some of sisters are not very islamic watch movies listen to music have a dog in the house . My nephews and myself are very religious and i want to leave them because my islam is being affected what goes in the house.
    My nephew are hafiz and they only eat and sleep in the house due the fact the house is filled with non-mahrams woman that are not dressed properly music etc.

Can we move elsewhere so to safeguard our religion.

Re: The breaking of family ties in order to save ones religion

I left my parents simply because they kicked me out and they didn't pray or fast whatsoever.

Are they muslim and have you tried talking to them about this. you have to weigh up the case if your emaan is being affected significantly then i would say yes get out

Comment

I think it's definitely okay for you
      to move out of a situation that isn't
      very Halal but you can't sever ties
      with Kith and Kin you have to just
      make the best of it and make Dua
      until they die that they come to Islam or that they
      start to take the Deen more seriously
      Inshallah maybe you can be a example to
      them
      “Man is the only critter who feels the need to label things as flowers or weeds.”

Comment

Asalaamu 'Alaykum

Before you leave with any notice, discuss it with them, tell them what you have in mind. Wait for a bit, if nothing changes, then you can continue from there...

Comment

Remember they are still considered Muslims - as I understood - even though they make haram actions so be careful with your next move

Comment

:salams

When I read the title of this thread I immediately thought, "doing something against Islam to save your Islam?"

Doesn't make sense.

Muslims shouldn't break ties with family even if they are kuffar. So how can you break ties with Muslims even if they are poor in practice?

If you spend less time with them or move out of the house that's different. But do not break ties.
            Last edited by NGE; 01-10-09, 03:01 AM.
            Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

I am their daughter and there behaviour is what has caused me to be away from the house from fajr till magrib , i am currently looking for a council house.
              It is near to impossible to live in that house they constantly play music constantly have non-mahrams in the house constantly smoke constantly have the Tv loud.

My nephews are very religious and they have spoken with my parents very often and so have I. At this point i can only see myself moving out with them and starting a new life away from all this haram. I always think that my house is nothing like a muslim house.

Can imagine praying with loud music coming from all sides or praying and suddenly some random friend of my dad comes past unannounced.

Comment

May Allah make things easy for you sis ameen.

So many people in this same situation.

My advice is to keep in regular contact with them visit them often but keep them short and brief, take your mother out so you can choose the halal enviroment be kind and gentle with her. Buy her gifts.

Bite your toung when things seem a little out of hand and do not say what you may regret.

Your are the living dawah to them so what they see from you is very important in your behaviour and tone. To vut times with them your saying you have no intrest in them any more and do not care for the akirah.

wake up at tahjjud and beg Allah to guide your family to the sweetness of iman insha'Allah
                And to Allah belong the soldiers of the heavens and the earth, and ever is Allah Knowing and Wise. [And] that He may admit the believing men and the believing women to gardens beneath which rivers flow to abide therein eternally and remove from them their misdeeds - and ever is that, in the sight of Allah , a great attainment.

Surah Fatĥ 4/5

Comment

Working...
                X