Do you still think your fasting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you still think your fasting?

So do you still think your fasting after Ramaddan when youre not. Everytime iim about to eat something....say something...i keep thinking im fasting and i got to overide this feeling in my brain.

For example someone offered me some food and i almost rejected it saying " Thanks but im.....actually im not fasting ill try some"

hehe do you peeps feel the same??
    "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
    "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

Re: Do you still think your fasting?

Oh my gosh yeah! i keep trying to avoid going into the kitchen 'cause im scared the aroma will make me wanna eat food!:S..and then i see my sister eating and i gasp, cause i keep thinking that its still ramdhan or something!
    its unusual!
    "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

Comment

Originally posted by TipuSultan View Post
      So do you still think your fasting after Ramaddan when youre not. Everytime iim about to eat something....say something...i keep thinking im fasting and i got to overide this feeling in my brain.

For example someone offered me some food and i almost rejected it saying " Thanks but im.....actually im not fasting ill try some"

hehe do you peeps feel the same??
      Hahaha yes I do subhanaAllah I even had a thought once of waking up for sahoor lol
      Understanding is key. Look behind the words and see the meaning. Search for the person's values, biases, goals, desires; the unstated, the underlining, the unknown.

Comment

I was thinking about this, and its amazing because after Ramadan we think when we eat so we can use that to avoid Haram food, we think we when we look, hear etc and keep thinking we are fasting in turn avoiding Haram looks, hearing etc. We wake when it comes to suhoor so we coould get up and read tahajjud at that time. What an amazing setup it is for the rest of the year.

ALLAH helps us to maintain the taqwa from Ramadan :)
        "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
        "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

Comment

Yes I am still doing this. I will go all day without eating and then about 5pm I will realise I am really hungry and waiting for the time to break the fast. For the first week after Ramadan I was still setting up the yogurt and dates to break the fast.
          This was my first fast and my time-clock is all out of whack now ..lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TipuSultan View Post
            I was thinking about this, and its amazing because after Ramadan we think when we eat so we can use that to avoid Haram food, we think we when we look, hear etc and keep thinking we are fasting in turn avoiding Haram looks, hearing etc. We wake when it comes to suhoor so we coould get up and read tahajjud at that time. What an amazing setup it is for the rest of the year.

ALLAH helps us to maintain the taqwa from Ramadan :)

Ameen!
            mashaAllah, i didnt think of it in that respect!
            "Do not lose hope in adversity and complain that God singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith. Everyday that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection.Thus your present despair may be beginning of an infinite blessing.":love:

Comment

Working...
            X