Very important dating Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very important dating Q

OK I recently met this guy named Adeel.He moved to the USA with is family from iraq about 10 years ago.I goes to a school by my house.Anyways he's really nice and all and he took me out to dinner the other day and bought me flowers and stuff and wants to see me again.I am really interested in dating him.He is such a cool guy.There's one problem.he is very westernized and all we have no cultural differences but he s Muslim and I am not.What do you Muslims think?Would this be allowed?Do you think this would cause a problem?Are there special things that Muslims have to do while dating?

LOl muslims first of all are not allowed to date period ! as for what they are supposed to do that is another question !
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Annamarie,

Dating or any kind of relationship is not allowed outside of marriage in islam. If you think about it, if you are not even supposed to look each other (except for glance made by chance...and then u are not supposed to repeat the glance) then dating is way beyond that.

Dating each other may not tell you everythng about the other party, as both parties are aiming to please and will be on their best behaviour.

I have heard of a few cases where the parents (muslim parents of the guy) have no idea and when they find out, they make a lot of trouble and the relationship breaks up from the guys side. Or, even if the guy is westernised, they still retain some aspects of their islam... just not this aspect.

I dont want to give any advice, it is pretty admirable that you are thinking about these things in the first place instead of him...but in islam, dating is not allowed.

Muslim men are allowed to marry christian women (Im not sure if it applies to the present day christian that believe in trinity or the unitarian type christian) and usually in these cases, the women convert to islam.

Peace.

Comment

they can't date at all???His parents don't have a problem with it.I mean we are not doing anything bad like pre-marital sex or anything we are just kind of casually dating.He is a muslim and all but I guess not as serious as many others.I think dating is a good i dea.It lets you see what you like and don't like in a person and what u are looking for in a mate.I don't know.I am confused.thanks for your advice.I appreciated it.

Comment

Dating?!!!!!! Muslim guy?!!!!!!!!!
          well he sure is lucky to get that far, even though he should know what is right and what is wrong. The reason he might be going for
          you is so that he can convert you slowly and then get married, they are quite sly.

Comment

In a country in Northern Europe a Jewish Member of Parliament is married to a Muslim and they have always given an impression that they are happy. Jewish and Islamic congregations even work together in certain fields in their home town.

Why should modern people live as their forefathers did? Mixed marriages may even make our lives richer.

Comment

interesting interesting.Well I asked him all about it.He says that it all depends on the persons family and what the father allows.We are still hanging out.Nothing real serious or anything.Most of the time we end up talking about religion and stuff.Its pretty interesting.We both learn alot from each other.You see are relationship isn't really about him being a muslim and i being a catholic its just about us being people i guess.I mean it seems pretty innocent to me its not like we are doing anything naughty:p.oh well thanks for the advice everyone.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X