Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Country Do You Like Visiting or Would Like To Visit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Country Do You Like Visiting or Would Like To Visit?

:salams

I study Travel and Tourism and for one of my assignments I have to get a sample of views of different people on where they would like to travel. I notice here on Ummah people are diverse, so I think you can all help me with my assignment.

It's simple, please would you give your answers to the following. Your answers will be gratefully received.
    1. What is the best country you have visited?
    2. Which country would you most like to visit? (i.e. You’ve always wanted to visit but haven’t got round to yet)
    3. What has stopped you from visiting this country? (e.g. lack of funding, lack of information about the country, apprehension about going there)
    4. If the answer to No.3 is lack of information or apprehension. Would more information help persuade you to go there?

Simply list your answers, more the merrier please! Thanks!

Re: Which Country Do You Like Visiting or Would Like To Visit?

Originally posted by Archie View Post

I study Travel and Tourism and for one of my assignments I have to get a sample of views of different people on where they would like to travel. I notice here on Ummah people are diverse, so I think you can all help me with my assignment.

It's simple, please would you give your answers to the following. Your answers will be gratefully received.
    2. Which country would you most like to visit? (i.e. You’ve always wanted to visit but haven’t got round to yet)
    3. What has stopped you from visiting this country? (e.g. lack of funding, lack of information about the country, apprehension about going there)
    4. If the answer to No.3 is lack of information or apprehension. Would more information help persuade you to go there?

1.Kenya (Im from there so technically not visited but lived there for a while)
    2.Japan
    3.I can't persuade my dad to take me to Japan, i'll get strange looks from him.
    Mrs B

Comment

1. hmmm london? @) never been anywhere else..:p
      2. Kenyaaaaaa (was born there, moved to london at young age never been back )
      3. hmmm dunno i guess it was my studies...but...i'll be going soon inshAllah..woo :hidban:
      The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said, 'Whoever fasts Ramadhan with Iman and Ihtisab [seeking reward], will have his previous sins forgiven.' {Al-Bukhari & Muslim} :love: :inlove:

Comment

Hmm... It's hard to answer your questions, because there's so many places I want to go. I guess the main things holding me back are my current commitments and my finances, or lack thereof. But lets see:

What is the best country you have visited?
        I've only been to Pakistan/Kashmir, Seattle/USA and France. Out of these I liked Kashmir, but only back in 1994. When I went later in 1998 and 2005 it was just a hole. A big disappointment.

Which country would you most like to visit?
        Well there are many, (in the following order); Malaysia, Indonesia, Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria, Egypt, Iran, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Spain, New Zeeland and maybe Pakistan/Kashmir again.

What has stopped you from visiting this country? (e.g. lack of funding, lack of information about the country, apprehension about going there)
        Apart from money information is the main problem. Language barrier is another issue. Whenever I go to Pakistan I just end up sleeping all day for 3 months. None of my relatives want to take us anywhere. If I do eventually get someone to take us they walk around in a sulk. So it's irritating. Maybe with enough information I wouldn't even need to reply on others. Allahu Alim.

If the answer to No.3 is lack of information or apprehension. Would more information help persuade you to go there?
        Information is always good. But not the kind of useless information about hotels and restaurants. When one goes to a country they really want to experience the countries culture. You can't do that if you do not become a part of them, and instead sit around beside the pool in a luxurious hotel. My ex-housemate recently went on holiday via Gecko Adventure, to Africa. I personally like travel companies like these.

Comment

1. Pakistan is the only country I have ever visited.

2. China.

3. I haven't been back to Pakistan since, mainly due to my bad experience with family. The other issues were not being taken anywhere by family to visit tourist attractions or places of interest. It's not safe for women to travel alone or in a group of other women, there always needs to be a male family member present. It's not safe for women to use public transport either.

I haven't been to China due to apprehension as I have no family there. I have no-one to go on holiday with and I do not wish to go alone. Other reasons include the financial aspect and language barriers.

4. I doubt more information would persuade me to go back to Pakistan as I am mainly apprehensive of going back due to my bad experiences. I would like to live in the villages and spend time with family and friends to get to know their cultures. I don't need any information on hotels and restaurants.

More information on China regarding hotels/restaurants and tours would be helpful but until I can find someone to accompany me, I will not even consider going on holiday.
          Last edited by Zebunissa; 11-09-09, 08:07 PM.
          "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
          Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

Originally posted by Archie View Post

1.The ONLY country I've visited is pakistan

2.Puerto Rico I'd love to go there :inlove:

3.Erm parents are stopping me from going there, they don't travel and I can't go with anyone else

Comment

Outside Makkah and Madinah i enjoyed Japan , South Korea, Yemen,Jordan,Egypt, China was ok ish oh too much to name Somalia was awesome

the best places are probably Nagano Japan snowboarding was awesome fresh powder and all.
              I just didn't enjoy Sham jordan and Syria i just didn't enjoy

Indonesia, Malaysia Brazil and Columbia .

What has stopped you from visiting this country?

Nothing its just next on the list

Comment

What is the best country you have visited? Morocco

Which country would you most like to visit? (i.e. You’ve always wanted to visit but haven’t got round to yet) Croatia

What has stopped you from visiting this country? (e.g. lack of funding, lack of information about the country, apprehension about going there)

No mahram but would like to go after marriage inshAllah

If the answer to No.3 is lack of information or apprehension. Would more information help persuade you to go there?
                Bye bye :salams

Comment

There has been something uniquely amazing about all the places that I have visited Alhumdollilah. Regardless of where you go, the Glory of Allah manifests itself in the most incredible ways, be it the unspoilt beaches, the breathtaking sunsets, the beautiful mountains, or the friendly people.

There is no better place on earth for me than Makkah, Madinah and Jerusalem and I would love to visit all three again Insha'Allah.

Every single country I have visited, sitting here, I realise Ive fallen in love with for very different reasons, probably for the lessons that I have learnt. I always seek a deeper meaning to my travels and hence I have emotional attachements to all the places.

Tahiti, Bahrain, Oman, America ( South Coast ), Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zaeland....South Africa ( I need to go visit Zesty :) ) , heck I wanna go everywhere I havent been I love travelling.......speaking of which I seem a holiday on the horizon Insha'Allah.

What has stopped you from visiting this country?

Nothing, Rome wasnt conquered in a day, Jenicca will not travel the Earth in a short period of time. Insha'Allah when I marry the comrade in whose company I can travel the bits of the world we havent seen, marvelling at Allah's creation, I will do so :love: :) in the meantime, i'll do it on my own.....
                  وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

I did a poll for making hijra and results were saudi and malaysia, search for my threads u'll find it

Comment

1) Well hard to choose as I visited almost 50 at my young age :inlove: But if I should choose one, Brazil as a country (and Jerusalem as a city) :)

2) Haven't been to Canada yet and will inshaAllah one day

3) No time because of work
                      Ex Oriente Lux

Comment

:wswrwb:

1. Turkey (Ankara, Istanbul) for holiday & Germany (North Rhine-Westphalia) me homeland.

2. Pakistan

3. War

Comment

Maldives.
                          "If you knew what I know about myself then you would have thrown dust over my face". - Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood

Comment

Muqdisho. man i can't believe I never been down that endz :bang::boom::mujahida:........................................ .....:1peace:

Comment

i actually wanna travel the world :D:D but if i had to choose
                              uhmmmmmm

uhmmmmmmmm...
                              maybe maybe morocco or U.S.A
                              Egypt

Dubai :D:D thoooo last experience i had put me off for life
                              the
                              men over there
                              godd !!!
                              no offence to en but teh guys on Dubai r shameless nto all but some of them
                              ************* ZEENZ *************
                              :up: @) Allah answers prayers in three ways:
                              He says yes and gives you what you want,
                              he says no and gives u sumfin beta,

He says wait and gives u the best in his own time :D

Comment

Working...
                              X