• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Negative impact from friend

وَأَن لَّيْسَ لِلإِنسَـنِ إِلاَّ مَا سَعَى

Comment

Originally posted by Suleman1988 View Post
      Salaams brothers and sisters

as i am a non practicing muslim and am trying to practice islam now ive told my best friend who is a muslim but is also non practicing. i told him ive been listening to english lectures and i want to change. he said i have been brainwashed and that i should get rid of my tv, playstation and all other haraam things. i said to him when my deen is strong, i will. why does he react like this instead of helping me and being positive? we did have a night lifestyle of going out late and coming back early morning. is he scared of losing that?
      why does your non-practicing friend say negative things about you wanting to return to islam?

read the story of adam and shaytan in the garden

you want to return to islam, good, dont do it for your friend, do it for your soul, your friend is making his heaven and hell, and you are making yours

you decide which will be your ending place, not your friend
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

yeh i listened to it but i need to listen to it again in dept. i love the brother like he is my own flesh and blood. he is doing haraam things at the moment and inshallah he will drift away from that part of his life eventually. after talking to alot of brothers there idea of getting close to allah is as soon as they get married, that is when it will happen. i explain to these brothers that how do we know if we are going to be living tomorrow let alone when they married
        I've heard that one so many times.. They say.. "do what you like when your young, then get married, wait till you 40/50, go the hajj, grow a beard, grow old..."
        SPREAD OF EVIL
        ZIONISM
        BOLLYWOOD

Comment

^ those are the whispers of Shaytaan disguised as their own thoughts(plans).
          وَأَن لَّيْسَ لِلإِنسَـنِ إِلاَّ مَا سَعَى

Comment

Assalamu-Alaykum

I've been in the same boat brother Suleman,

It is hard to disassociate yourself from friends that are better to you than family at times, who have been there for you when you really needed them, and it's hard to disregard them when you know you ought to because they are non-practicing and try to take you away from your deen. But there is a constant pull towards old habits and bad ways should you still keep close company with such friends, and it's worth realising that friends like this are selfish, it is selfish that they try to take you away from deen to continue the 'good times'. My non-practicing friends and I have slowly grown apart, but Alhamdullilah, by being put in a position where we don't see each other all the time, they have also come towards the deen.

We still occasionally see each other, but your right marriage and families take up most of our time, and partly that is also the reason why we focus on our deen more now.

All you can do is give him dawah, help him to see the truth.

How about saying: "Dude, why watch me go away when you can come with me. We've been doing the same old thing for ages, none of this stuff has got us anywhere, I wanna be a good muslim, whats stopping you from wanting the same?"

Comment

inshallah allah(swt) will guide him also in the right path. i will make dua for him. like the other brother said i will have to answers my questions to allah (swt) and he will answer his own. i think for myself to gain more knowledge about islam i will have to drift away from the non practicing muslims especially him even though it will bring tears to my eyes. Islam is first in my life and always will be. INSHALLAH

Comment

Brainwashing eh?

Listen, all you can do is pray for your friend and that he is guided to the straight path. It's definitely not easy losing a friend to the shaytaan's whispers. Heck, when I converted to Islam, all my non-Muslim friends were constantly bickering me about being brainwashed and that I wasn't the same person anymore..yada yada yada. What I realized is is that they weren't concerned at all for my happiness and peace that I found because in reality their lives weren't filled with happiness and love. I wasn't going to go back to that dark place in my life. I realize that people who want to drag you down want you to suffer with them..the constant partying with substances and what not were just creating a false emotions. Also, you can't change a person who doesn't want to change.

Stay strong akhi.

Comment

i don't think it's fair to drop him like a bad habit. You didn't get guided out of your own efforts. Allaah subahanahu wa ta'aala guided you out of His will. out of gratitude to Allaah wish the same for your brother that you love so much. advice him that you feel that your old lifestyle is bad for the both of you, and that you pray that Allah swt guides him too. don't drop him, continue to change yourself insha Allah but as you say you love this brother, so you want what's good for him too.

Comment

he said i have been brainwashed and that i should get rid of my tv, playstation and all other haraam things. i said to him when my deen is strong, i will. why does he react like this instead of helping me and being positive? we did have a night lifestyle of going out late and coming back early morning. is he scared of losing that?
                    is having a tv and playstaion haraam?

he's just tryin to make fun of you by saying that

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                    www.QuranicAudio.com
                    www.Quran.com

Comment

I think being somewhat selfish in this situation is a good thing. Tell your friend about your intentions, push them in the right direction, but if they are pushing you toward wrongdoing and their 'non-practicing' lifestyle, then you need to concentrate on yourself and distance yourself from them. Your deen is weak and you really dont need friends and family making things harder-- they could take you away altogether. Pray sincerely to Allah (for him and yourself) and follow the deen as best as possible. If you are newly practicing, it's pretty dangerous to be hanging around with non-practicing and ignorant folk; as a Sheikh once said, if you are not inlfuencing your friends then they are influencing you. Dont kid yourself.

I literally stopped hanging around with a group of my friends once I decided I was going to practice. They were into their partying and 'chilling' lifestyle and that just wasn't conducive to Islam. They respected Islam however even though they had no interest in practicing it, so that's probably different to your friend. Alhamdulillah, most of them now practice and even the one who was the worst of them all, a total nut, is now a very pious brother (the change is astonishing). A few months down the line, me and another brother worked on the ringleader by almost forcing him to attend the odd lecture. Alhamdulillah, a simple line in one of the numerous talks completely changed his outlook! Inviting non-practicing friends to talks and events is an especially good tactic.

Comment

the brother belives because we didnt smoke drugs or drink alcohol we were good muslims. when i told him my intentions of getting closer to islam hes like there are worse people out there than us. my deen at the moment is very very week and i think i need to push the people away who are going to drive me away from islam

Comment

the brother belives because we didnt smoke drugs or drink alcohol we were good muslims. when i told him my intentions of getting closer to islam hes like there are worse people out there than us. my deen at the moment is very very week and i think i need to push the people away who are going to drive me away from islam
                          Taking drugs and alcohol aint the worst sin out there. Ok, ur friend aint as bad as them but what does that mean? He'll be punished less than the others who do drugs.

we must strive to avoid being sent to hell fire. even the person with the lightest punishment in hell will believe that he has the worst, because the pain will be that bad.
                          There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X