Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taraawi Timings

As Salaamu Alaikum,

I always thought Taraawi should be prayed after Isha. But then again, that's only because I've only ever seen it done like that. My local masjid do it at the following times:

Taraawi: 7:00/7:30
    Maghrib: 8:30
    Isha: 10:45
    Taraawi: 1:00

Is that ok? Jazaak Allaahu Khair.

Ma'aSalaama

Re: Taraawi Timings

That seems weird. I've never seen that before :confused: So they are praying the taraweeh whilst fasting?

Comment

Layman's Two Pence...

I have never seen that before as Taraweeh is prayed after Isha normally. The above time is after Asr and before Maghrib which would mean the sun is setting and it is impermissable to pray at that time...

Narrated 'Umar: "The Prophet(saws) forbade praying after the Fajr prayer till the sun rises and after the 'Asr prayer till the sun sets." (Saheeh Bukhari, Book 10, Hadith No. 555)

Perhaps you should check with someone more learned or speak to them at the masjid.

:jkk:
      (Ibn Taymiyyah)
      www.cage.ngo
      www.hhugs.org.uk

Comment

i don't think that is right at all brother :scratch:....it sounds very odd actually..

Comment

Which Mosque is it?

Comment

InsaneBro - do you go to an Insane Mosque>

Terrawih is the night prayer, it is prayed at night after Isha.

Its not permissable to pray it between Asr & Maghrib!
            Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
            http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

y are there two timings for tarawih? it shuld be prayed after isha
              Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amir (ra) : 'Umar (ra) went to Sham and when he reached Sargh, he got the news that an epidemic (of plague) had broken out in Sham. 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf (ra) told him that Allah's Apostle (saaw) said, "If you hear that it (plague) has broken out in a land, do not go to it; but if it breaks out in a land where you are present, do not go out escaping from it." (Book #71, Hadith #626 - Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuHaneefah View Post
                InsaneBro - do you go to an Insane Mosque
                *rotfl*
                "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
                Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

i understand teraweeh being at 1.00 as long as its 1am and not 1pm//my mosque does 1 teraweeh at 9.45pm...and the other 1 at 00.30am for the brothers returning from work late night
                  Mutarrif B. 'Abdillah: ''Oh Allaah, I seek forgiveness in you from that which I have repented and then returned back to, and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I rendered to you and then did not fulfil and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I alleged was for seeking your face but, my heart mixed with that which you know of me'' (حلية الأولياء)

Comment

The funny thing is, having taraweeh at 7pm then again at 1am -- these are on two different days!! After mughrib is a different day.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X