Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you have done????

Originally posted by NewParent View Post
    I prefer to trust the opinion and analysis of Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat Saheb and Mufti Taqi Uthmani Saheb from the Deobandi school.
    :up:
    I'm not here for a debate on the issue, you made the remark, I justified my stance.End of.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimali1234 View Post
      tell them bro remember how their mentality is, if you tell them something is bidah and they think 'hold on ive been doing this all my life, my parents and imams taught me this how can it be bidah' they might then go and read some hadith or quran etc and that might even be the means for them to be guided? Always do the right thing bro
      :d

Comment

Originally posted by Madkali View Post
        I'll explain where im having the problem.Im my head (according to the opinion i follow) i stopped a Biddah...But i also stopped them from readin quran after Allah swt knows best how long...actually praying Fajr in the masjid..and fasting. :(
        You can use any angle you want to explain anything you want to them, but in the end it all comes done to the following:

Whomsoever Allaah guides cannot be misled, and whomsoever He leaves astray cannot be guided.

Comment

If your fasting Sha'baan and are doing these things daily then fine, if your making the 15th into somthing special, which they were refering to is Biddah and I stand by that statement.
          We learn somthing new everyday... :)
          Wa alaikum salam brother. I guess you answered your own question. I'd like to add some input, albeit similar, from Sheikhs ibn 'Uthaymeen rahimahullaah and Saleh ibn Fawzan regarding specifying the 15th as special over here.

Comment

Originally posted by nami View Post
            You can use any angle you want to explain anything you want to them, but in the end it all comes done to the following:
            Whomsoever Allaah guides cannot be misled, and whomsoever He leaves astray cannot be guided.
            :up:

Comment

Problem solved: Thread Closed!

Comment

Would'nt you think that one night of extra worship would help them to establish the rest??

I'll explain where im having the problem.Im my head (according to the opinion i follow) i stopped a Biddah...But i also stopped them from readin quran after Allah swt knows best how long...actually praying Fajr in the masjid..and fasting. :(

I think its just shaytan playing around with my head...Hence the question to all of you lot..
                Why don't you explain that there is a special time at the third part of the night called Qiamuyl Layl and that is one of the best times to make du'a, read Quran, and of course pray. This isn't only on one day, but every day of the year, and since they're up - they can pray Fajr when it comes in.

Encourage them to leave biddah, but if you feel down that they're going to stop doing khayr all together, then bring in something else that is good and free of biddah.
                وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                [2:186]

.:.
                .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

:) Yup your right.

Comment

Asalamualaykum All...

Setting the scence:

Your Out having Dinner with semi/non practising brothers (sisters if ya a sister)... naturally they ask alot of questions and so up popped the "Fasting on the 15th Sha'ban" question and staying up all night...(or anything which isnt really authentic)

Now they ask you If it's meant to be done, You take the opinion it is Biddah because of the lack of authentic proof...so Your about to explain and somthing hits you....

Theses guys dont wake up for Fajr,they are open Sinners, for once they are willing and wanting to do alittle good, they want to go to the masjid and pray and Fast...

What would you do?

Do you Tell them its bidda...Tell Them its good.. Say you dont know...Tell them to bugger off because your eating..(:o) or non of these..
                    LOL...so you're out having dinner with these guys, breaking bread with them mashallah, an act that brings unity itself amongst muslims. The food is great and the conversation is interesting.....blessings in themselves, everything is all smiles mashallah....but then hold on.... :D ...inside you're thinking.... look at these guys, they dont wake up for Fajr,they are open Sinners, they don't do much good at all (that you know of and can preside judgement over). Maybe they have done some acts of goodness in their lives, the likes of which you will never be able to achieve; Allah knows best. I hope you ordered a nice slice of humble pie for desert, preferably an oversized slice!

Comment

.لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Baybars View Post
                        LOL...so you're out having dinner with these guys, breaking bread with them mashallah, an act that brings unity itself amongst muslims. The food is great and the conversation is interesting.....blessings in themselves, everything is all smiles mashallah....but then hold on.... :D ...inside you're thinking.... look at these guys, they dont wake up for Fajr,they are open Sinners, they don't do much good at all (that you know of and can preside judgement over). Maybe they have done some acts of goodness in their lives, the likes of which you will never be able to achieve; Allah knows best. I hope you ordered a nice slice of humble pie for desert, preferably an oversized slice!
                        And you are Mr. know it all?
                        I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant
                        Ironic- you posted about passing judgement, when you did the exact same thing...

I never meant it like that *waks head*
                        but ill still have some of the Apple pie :o

Comment

Tell them: Instead of spending time pondering over things that are doubtful, practice the things that you know are not only authentic, but waajib upon you.

Comment

.لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

I would have kept eating my food
                              May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                                Tell them: Instead of spending time pondering over things that are doubtful, practice the things that you know are not only authentic, but waajib upon you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X