X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you have done????

Asalamualaykum All...

Setting the scence:

Your Out having Dinner with semi/non practising brothers (sisters if ya a sister)... naturally they ask alot of questions and so up popped the "Fasting on the 15th Sha'ban" question and staying up all night...(or anything which isnt really authentic)

Now they ask you If it's meant to be done, You take the opinion it is Biddah because of the lack of authentic proof...so Your about to explain and somthing hits you....

Theses guys dont wake up for Fajr,they are open Sinners, for once they are willing and wanting to do alittle good, they want to go to the masjid and pray and Fast...

What would you do?

Do you Tell them its bidda...Tell Them its good.. Say you dont know...Tell them to bugger off because your eating..(:o) or non of these..

Re: What would you have done????

condemn them to hell. **roll eyes**
    Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
      condemn them to hell. **roll eyes**
      Im serious this has been bothering me alot...

Comment

Originally posted by Madkali View Post
        Im serious this has been bothering me alot...
        You should refer them to Shuyukh!, how can something our beloved Prophet PBUH did be bidah, he fasted through the month of Sha'ban, and emphasised the benefit of fasting the first half of the month, which would include the 15th?

Your on dangerous ground calling it Bid'aa, and then passing your view onto others, what irresponsible behaviour.

Comment

Tell em it's a very good opportunity (jazak'allah kahir to bro NewParent for providing the link) to gain the favour of allah and then they should continue to do their compulsary ibadah daily from that day on.

Comment

refer him to the Ulama he follows. If he's a salafi then he'll go there, if he's a muqalluid orthodox then he'll go to the mainstream. then crickets yr chacha and no problems.
            Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Originally posted by NewParent View Post
              You should refer them to Shuyukh!, how can something our beloved Prophet PBUH did be bidah, he fasted through the month of Sha'ban, and emphasised the benefit of fasting the first half of the month, which would include the 15th?

Your on dangerous ground calling it Bid'aa, and then passing your view onto others, what irresponsible behaviour.
              I knew this was going to happen, ok May Allah swt reward you for your input, leaving aside the example of the 15th of Sha'ban, If it was a common Bidda.

As for refering to the shayuke, they wouldnt go, and when i answer i always answer with the opinion of a SHAYKE, not my own.

(Why do i feel, none of you are going to agree with me what is Bidda and what is not...:o)

Comment

Originally posted by NewParent View Post

They were making the 15th into somthing special as do many people and the OPINION I TAKE is as follows...

What is narrated concerning the virtue of praying, fasting and worshipping on the fifteenth of Sha’baan (al-nusf min Sha’baan) does not come under the heading of da’eef (weak), rather it comes under the heading of mawdoo’ (fabricated) and baatil (false). So it is not permissible to follow it or to act upon it, whether that is in doing righteous deeds or otherwise.

A number of scholars ruled that the reports concerning that were false, such as Ibn al-Jawzi in his book al-Mawdoo’aat, 2/440-445; Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah in al-Manaar al-Muneef, no. 174- 177; Abu Shaamah al-Shaafa’i in al-Baa’ith ‘ala Inkaar al-Bida’ wa’l-Hawaadith, 124-137; al-‘Iraaqi in Takhreej Ihyaa’ ‘Uloom il-Deen, no. 582. Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] narrated that there was consensus on the fact that they are false, in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 28/138

If your fasting Sha'baan and are doing these things daily then fine, if your making the 15th into somthing special, which they were refering to is Biddah and I stand by that statement.
                We learn somthing new everyday... :)
                Last edited by Madkali; 05-08-09, 03:18 PM.

Comment

i am more or less in the same boat as you bro, none of my friends i chill with are practesing and some are non muslim, but when they did ask in the past i told them straight 'bros its not islamic leave it' (in regards to shab-e baraat) or whatever you call it as their is no authentic hadith the only hadith their is that hadith is fabricated, but in regards to fasting their shouldnt be no harm in it as we know prophet saws used to fast in this month to prepare for ramadan,
                  ]IM A BRO READ MY NICK RIGHT U ROBOTS!!

Comment

Can we forget its about the 15th..and just say any Biddah, you know 100 percent its Biddah..what do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by muslimali1234 View Post
                      i am more or less in the same boat as you bro, none of my friends i chill with are practesing and some are non muslim, but when they did ask in the past i told them straight 'bros its not islamic leave it' (in regards to shab-e baraat) or whatever you call it as their is no authentic hadith the only hadith their is that hadith is fabricated, but in regards to fasting their shouldnt be no harm in it as we know prophet saws used to fast in this month to prepare for ramadan,
                      :up: Theres issues with fasting only the 15th as though it is somthing special linked to staying up all night etc, ive pasted the opinion of the ulema. -

So regardless you'll always say it how it is right..:up:

Comment

Can we forget its about the 15th..and just say any Biddah, you know 100 percent its Biddah..what do you do?
                        tell them bro remember how their mentality is, if you tell them something is bidah and they think 'hold on ive been doing this all my life, my parents and imams taught me this how can it be bidah' they might then go and read some hadith or quran etc and that might even be the means for them to be guided? always do the right thing bro
                        ]IM A BRO READ MY NICK RIGHT U ROBOTS!!

Comment

Asalamualaykum All...

Setting the scence:

Your Out having Dinner with semi/non practising brothers (sisters if ya a sister)... naturally they ask alot of questions and so up popped the "Fasting on the 15th Sha'ban" question and staying up all night...(or anything which isnt really authentic)

Now they ask you If it's meant to be done, You take the opinion it is Biddah because of the lack of authentic proof...so Your about to explain and somthing hits you....

Theses guys dont wake up for Fajr,they are open Sinners, for once they are willing and wanting to do alittle good, they want to go to the masjid and pray and Fast...

What would you do?

Do you Tell them its bidda...Tell Them its good.. Say you dont know...Tell them to bugger off because your eating..(:o) or non of these..
                          Tell them that you follow that this is biddah and explain why, then encourage them to wake up for Fajr - as Fajr is a very important time for a Muslim. Help them complete the basics, inshallah.
                          وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                          "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                          Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                          [2:186]

.:.
                          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

I prefer to trust the opinion and analysis of Shaykh Muhammad Saleem Dhorat Saheb and Mufti Taqi Uthmani Saheb from the Deobandi school.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                              Tell them that you follow that this is biddah and explain why, then encourage them to wake up for Fajr - as Fajr is a very important time for a Muslim. Help them complete the basics, inshallah.
                              :D

Would'nt you think that one night of extra worship would help them to establish the rest??

I'll explain where im having the problem.Im my head (according to the opinion i follow) i stopped a Biddah...But i also stopped them from readin quran after Allah swt knows best how long...actually praying Fajr in the masjid..and fasting. :(

I think its just shaytan playing around with my head...Hence the question to all of you lot..

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X