• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ya akhi
    replied
    Re: I was hunted down

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    I was watching Animal Planet today and they mentioned Mosquitoes....and the the Human Bot Fly. Apparently, the Human Bot Fly grabs a female mosquito, in search of delicious blood, and places their eggs on her. The Bot Fly then lets the mosquito go. The Mosquito finds a human (or any animal) and once she lands, the bot fly eggs go on the skin of the person. The Mosquito leaves, but the bot fly eggs burrow into your body (from where the mosquito bit you) and grow for about 8 weeks. Once their time is done, they pop out and become adults. But the disturbing part is that during the 8 weeks, you'll have a bump that will start to move.

The way to remove them is to place Vaseline on the wound and cover it up, so they can't breath. After a day, you take the cover off and try to get them out. Then they look like this when they leave the body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eimVLAQ2c -> some swearing, but you can see a bot fly larva getting removed from some guy's back.
    thats scary

Leave a comment:

• Pippin1376
    replied

Originally posted by Hiking View Post
    I saw something like that before, but they were removing the larva from a woman's scalp. :S
    That's the one :D From "The Most Extreme: Body Snatchers"

Leave a comment:

• Hiking
    replied

Nah...just call it a blonde moment :D

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

oh man cant believe i couldnt get that mm...lol im so stupid

Leave a comment:

• Hiking
    replied

I was watching Animal Planet ....
    I saw something like that before, but they were removing the larva from a woman's scalp. :S
    Last edited by Hiking; 13-08-09, 07:56 PM. Reason: No need to say it twice

Leave a comment:

• Nixie
    replied

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
    i read all that in biology...mm (why is there an mm?) yummy pic lol
    It's to give an idea of it's size, there a ruler type lines beneath the larva.

mm = millimetres

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eimVLAQ2c -> some swearing, but you can see a bot fly larva getting removed from some guy's back.
    i read all that in biology...mm (why is there an mm?) yummy pic lol

Leave a comment:

• Reflection09
    replied

Originally posted by ya akhi View Post
    :salams:

Well it seems that mosqitoes have become very common now and I can tell you that I was targetted by a stealthy sucker last week.
    This one is called Aedes Mosquito - Has stripes and different than your average mosquito

Its very stealthy. After I finished praying I noticed it was trying to bite me but I shunned it off but it was persistant. If it sat somewhere before I slap it, it flew off - happened 3 times. I chased it outta the window and guess what it came back lol. That night im sure I hit it and I couldnt find it. Also mosquitoes make a noise (what we say back home is they sing lol when they are around) didnt make any sound!
    I woke up with red lumps around my body :(

Here is the average one which I can slap easily, catch with my hand and hear them beofre they attack

Anyone else being troubled?

Kinda sad of me to write this lol

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

me and mosquitos go way back...they dont come near me

Leave a comment:

• Pippin1376
    replied

I was watching Animal Planet today and they mentioned Mosquitoes....and the the Human Bot Fly. Apparently, the Human Bot Fly grabs a female mosquito, in search of delicious blood, and places their eggs on her. The Bot Fly then lets the mosquito go. The Mosquito finds a human (or any animal) and once she lands, the bot fly eggs go on the skin of the person. The Mosquito leaves, but the bot fly eggs burrow into your body (from where the mosquito bit you) and grow for about 8 weeks. Once their time is done, they pop out and become adults. But the disturbing part is that during the 8 weeks, you'll have a bump that will start to move.

The way to remove them is to place Vaseline on the wound and cover it up, so they can't breath. After a day, you take the cover off and try to get them out. Then they look like this when they leave the body.

Leave a comment:

• ruks
    replied

We had quite a few buzzing around in our house few days ago, they were massive!

Leave a comment:

• ya akhi
    replied

JazakAllah akhi, but i have yet to try this app on my phone lol http://noknok.tv/2008/02/12/software-anti-mosquito-3rd/

buckets are empty from time to time

Leave a comment:

• NewParent
    replied

Originally posted by ya akhi View Post
    :salams:

Well it seems that mosqitoes have become very common now and I can tell you that I was targetted by a stealthy sucker last week.
    This one is called Aedes Mosquito - Has stripes and different than your average mosquito

Its very stealthy. After I finished praying I noticed it was trying to bite me but I shunned it off but it was persistant. If it sat somewhere before I slap it, it flew off - happened 3 times. I chased it outta the window and guess what it came back lol. That night im sure I hit it and I couldnt find it. Also mosquitoes make a noise (what we say back home is they sing lol when they are around) didnt make any sound!
    I woke up with red lumps around my body :(

Here is the average one which I can slap easily, catch with my hand and hear them beofre they attack

Anyone else being troubled?

Kinda sad of me to write this lol
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2162 - buy this

Only female pregnant mosquito's want blood! apparantly.

Leave a comment:

• Hiking
    replied

:D Alhamdulillah! Have you gotten rid of those buckets of water yet?

Leave a comment:

• ya akhi
    replied

You know what? I think they are camping im my room. SubhanAllah I woke up just in time for Fajr because of mosquito bites.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X