I was hunted down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I was hunted down

You know what? I think they are camping im my room. SubhanAllah I woke up just in time for Fajr because of mosquito bites.
    http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

:D Alhamdulillah! Have you gotten rid of those buckets of water yet?
      It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
      -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by ya akhi View Post
        :salams:

Well it seems that mosqitoes have become very common now and I can tell you that I was targetted by a stealthy sucker last week.
        This one is called Aedes Mosquito - Has stripes and different than your average mosquito

Its very stealthy. After I finished praying I noticed it was trying to bite me but I shunned it off but it was persistant. If it sat somewhere before I slap it, it flew off - happened 3 times. I chased it outta the window and guess what it came back lol. That night im sure I hit it and I couldnt find it. Also mosquitoes make a noise (what we say back home is they sing lol when they are around) didnt make any sound!
        I woke up with red lumps around my body :(

Here is the average one which I can slap easily, catch with my hand and hear them beofre they attack

Anyone else being troubled?

Kinda sad of me to write this lol
        http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2162 - buy this

Only female pregnant mosquito's want blood! apparantly.

Comment

JazakAllah akhi, but i have yet to try this app on my phone lol http://noknok.tv/2008/02/12/software-anti-mosquito-3rd/

buckets are empty from time to time

Comment

We had quite a few buzzing around in our house few days ago, they were massive!
            Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amir (ra) : 'Umar (ra) went to Sham and when he reached Sargh, he got the news that an epidemic (of plague) had broken out in Sham. 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf (ra) told him that Allah's Apostle (saaw) said, "If you hear that it (plague) has broken out in a land, do not go to it; but if it breaks out in a land where you are present, do not go out escaping from it." (Book #71, Hadith #626 - Bukhari)

Comment

I was watching Animal Planet today and they mentioned Mosquitoes....and the the Human Bot Fly. Apparently, the Human Bot Fly grabs a female mosquito, in search of delicious blood, and places their eggs on her. The Bot Fly then lets the mosquito go. The Mosquito finds a human (or any animal) and once she lands, the bot fly eggs go on the skin of the person. The Mosquito leaves, but the bot fly eggs burrow into your body (from where the mosquito bit you) and grow for about 8 weeks. Once their time is done, they pop out and become adults. But the disturbing part is that during the 8 weeks, you'll have a bump that will start to move.

The way to remove them is to place Vaseline on the wound and cover it up, so they can't breath. After a day, you take the cover off and try to get them out. Then they look like this when they leave the body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eimVLAQ2c -> some swearing, but you can see a bot fly larva getting removed from some guy's back.
              وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
              "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
              Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
              [2:186]

.:.
              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

me and mosquitos go way back...they dont come near me
                الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by ya akhi View Post
                  :salams:

Well it seems that mosqitoes have become very common now and I can tell you that I was targetted by a stealthy sucker last week.
                  This one is called Aedes Mosquito - Has stripes and different than your average mosquito

Its very stealthy. After I finished praying I noticed it was trying to bite me but I shunned it off but it was persistant. If it sat somewhere before I slap it, it flew off - happened 3 times. I chased it outta the window and guess what it came back lol. That night im sure I hit it and I couldnt find it. Also mosquitoes make a noise (what we say back home is they sing lol when they are around) didnt make any sound!
                  I woke up with red lumps around my body :(

Here is the average one which I can slap easily, catch with my hand and hear them beofre they attack

Anyone else being troubled?

Kinda sad of me to write this lol
                  "Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"
                  Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eimVLAQ2c -> some swearing, but you can see a bot fly larva getting removed from some guy's back.
                    i read all that in biology...mm (why is there an mm?) yummy pic lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                      i read all that in biology...mm (why is there an mm?) yummy pic lol
                      It's to give an idea of it's size, there a ruler type lines beneath the larva.

mm = millimetres

Comment

I was watching Animal Planet ....
                        I saw something like that before, but they were removing the larva from a woman's scalp. :S
                        Last edited by Hiking; 13-08-09, 07:56 PM. Reason: No need to say it twice
                        It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                        -Muslim

Comment

oh man cant believe i couldnt get that mm...lol im so stupid

Comment

Nah...just call it a blonde moment :D
                            -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Hiking View Post
                              I saw something like that before, but they were removing the larva from a woman's scalp. :S
                              That's the one :D From "The Most Extreme: Body Snatchers"
                              وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                              "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                              Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                              [2:186]

.:.
                              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

I was watching Animal Planet today and they mentioned Mosquitoes....and the the Human Bot Fly. Apparently, the Human Bot Fly grabs a female mosquito, in search of delicious blood, and places their eggs on her. The Bot Fly then lets the mosquito go. The Mosquito finds a human (or any animal) and once she lands, the bot fly eggs go on the skin of the person. The Mosquito leaves, but the bot fly eggs burrow into your body (from where the mosquito bit you) and grow for about 8 weeks. Once their time is done, they pop out and become adults. But the disturbing part is that during the 8 weeks, you'll have a bump that will start to move.

The way to remove them is to place Vaseline on the wound and cover it up, so they can't breath. After a day, you take the cover off and try to get them out. Then they look like this when they leave the body.

thats scary

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X