Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was hunted down

:salams:

Well it seems that mosqitoes have become very common now and I can tell you that I was targetted by a stealthy sucker last week.
    This one is called Aedes Mosquito - Has stripes and different than your average mosquito

Its very stealthy. After I finished praying I noticed it was trying to bite me but I shunned it off but it was persistant. If it sat somewhere before I slap it, it flew off - happened 3 times. I chased it outta the window and guess what it came back lol. That night im sure I hit it and I couldnt find it. Also mosquitoes make a noise (what we say back home is they sing lol when they are around) didnt make any sound!
    I woke up with red lumps around my body :(

Here is the average one which I can slap easily, catch with my hand and hear them beofre they attack

Anyone else being troubled?

Kinda sad of me to write this lol
    http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Re: I was hunted down

subhanallah...could it be that there was more than one in the room brother lol ....i hate mosquitos :(

Comment

She just wants some food. Can't blame her.

Try not to breathe so heavily and keep yourself covered.
      وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
      "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
      Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
      [2:186]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

why did you call it a "her"...you meant him...men are always more hungry...or did you say it because in somali it's kaneeco? :D

Comment

mosquitoes females?
          what does breathing have to do with it?
          covering up in the heat is hard :(
          http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ya akhi View Post
            mosquitoes females?
            i thik mosquitos should be referred to as him if you wanna generalize all mosquitos gender because it sounds more like a him than a her.

maybe breathing attracts them because it's from your body and they wanna drink your blood so something that has to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by layla tul qadr View Post
              why did you call it a "her"...you meant him...men are always more hungry...or did you say it because in somali it's kaneeco? :D
              lol, because male mosquitoes don't bite humans, they get their food from nectar and and other sugar substances, same with adult females too, but the female mosquitoes need the blood for their eggs. So they bite.
              وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
              "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                lol, because male mosquitoes don't bite humans, they get their food from nectar and and other sugar substances, same with adult females too, but the female mosquitoes need the blood for their eggs. So they bite.
                really???? subhanallah...i learned something new today :inlove:

Comment

:wswrwb: we get a lot of the second type here, i killed one the other day i felt so mean though :( alhamdulillah we have a cat that kills and eats anything that flies into the room so she usually takes care of most of them. alhamdulillah.
                  "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing noise they make is so irritating hate them! absolutely hate them!
                    Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amir (ra) : 'Umar (ra) went to Sham and when he reached Sargh, he got the news that an epidemic (of plague) had broken out in Sham. 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf (ra) told him that Allah's Apostle (saaw) said, "If you hear that it (plague) has broken out in a land, do not go to it; but if it breaks out in a land where you are present, do not go out escaping from it." (Book #71, Hadith #626 - Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by ya akhi View Post
                      The mosquitoes can smell the carbon dioxide you breathe out and that's how they target you. Once they smell it, they'll follow the trail to the host, i.e. you. If you're breathing, you're alive and have blood.

Not really, just wear loose fitting clothing and you'll be fine. Or buy deet products, as I've heard that helps.

http://www.control-mosquitoes.com/ -> might help you. :)

Comment

get a mosquite net! that shoulda deffo help!
                        Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amir (ra) : 'Umar (ra) went to Sham and when he reached Sargh, he got the news that an epidemic (of plague) had broken out in Sham. 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf (ra) told him that Allah's Apostle (saaw) said, "If you hear that it (plague) has broken out in a land, do not go to it; but if it breaks out in a land where you are present, do not go out escaping from it." (Book #71, Hadith #626 - Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by ruks View Post
                          the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing noise they make is so irritating hate them! absolutely hate them!
                          Ruins your sleep.

Imagine it goes up your nose, or if it goes inside your mouth ?

Comment

:wswrwb:

That sucks (pun intended :p)

You reminded me of the night when me and Macch (and Irene) battled at least (no exaggeration at all) fifty mosquitos in one room. There was much triangulating and communicating ("There's one there!" "To your left!" "Chuck me the slipper!" etc.) and teamwork.

I felt like a warrior when it was done!
                            It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                            -Muslim

Comment

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X