Tattoos and whether to remove them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoos and whether to remove them

back in jahiley i had the parts of my arm and my whole back tattooed foolishly. Now i currently considering having them removed but the Doctor is saying that its going to hurt a lot considering that 95% of my back and some 40 of each my arm is covered in ink.

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Re: Tattoos and whether to remove them

brother if 40% of your arms and almost the whole of your back is covered. it could really make a mess of your skin removing it, and be extremely painful especially on your back. u could end up with horrible scarring, its not all that simple to have tattoo of that size removed successfully.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

maybe if you cant remove it just try to make sure its covered by your clothes all the time, dont let people see it?
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
          maybe if you cant remove it just try to make sure its covered by your clothes all the time, dont let people see it?
          does it matter though sis, if Allah ta ala has forgiven him everything that happened before he came to islam then technically, its like these tattoos dont even exist :)

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Originally posted by ~asiya~ View Post
            does it matter though sis, if Allah ta ala has forgiven him everything that happened before he came to islam then technically, its like these tattoos dont even exist :)
            I know but i would have thought its good to sheild them from ppl seeing it though? Allahu alam.. was just a thought
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

does that mean that its haram for me to go swimming ?

Comment

Originally posted by cityroamer View Post
                does that mean that its haram for me to go swimming ?
                bro as far as i know it doesnt matter about your tattoos at all, just act like they dont exist. Allah ta ala has forgiven all of your past before u entered islam, so anything from then is erased.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Originally posted by ~asiya~ View Post
                  bro as far as i know it doesnt matter about your tattoos at all, just act like they dont exist. Allah ta ala has forgiven all of your past before u entered islam, so anything from then is erased.
                  Yea but as you can understand , it makes life harder especially when i wear sleavless shirts or when i go swiming everyone looks at me.

Also the tattoos i have are of two samurai armies attacking each other
                  does that invalid my prayers ?since they are drawings of living people

Comment

Originally posted by cityroamer View Post
                    Yea but as you can understand , it makes life harder especially when i wear sleavless shirts or when i go swiming everyone looks at me.

Also the tattoos i have are of two samurai armies attacking each other
                    does that invalid my prayers ?since they are drawings of living people
                    i dont know bro, im sorry. u would have to ask shaikh about that, but im guessing u would be covered to pray anyway in thobe or similar and its not like theres anything more u can do about it than cover them for salat. but if u are still thinking about removal make get a few opinions from different trustworthy and reliable plastic surgeons about it because i know ppl who have had smallish tattoos removed from their lower arms and it left terrible scarring their skin looked like they had been burnt in a fire, and the skin on your back is more vulnerable than your arms.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X