graffiti: art or vandalism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graffiti: art or vandalism?

The plague or the color of society depending on which side of the coin you fall on, what say yee of Ummah.com ? :up:

though this section could use some new threads :p
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Re: Reload this Page graffiti: art or vandalism?

I love graffiti art work :love:

random gibberish tagging on the other hand is just vandalism, they lack design, colour and brains, glorified scribbling

there is some nice stuff along london bridge at the skateboarding part, some shops have stuff done too (by request) on their shutters which is pretty good

but above bridges and on trains, that's just plain chav-it!
    Last edited by Macchiato; 19-07-09, 11:41 PM.
    Hasbun Allah Wa Ni'mal Wakeel - NeVeR LoSe HoPe In Allah
    Trusting in Allah won't make the mountain smaller, but will make climbing easier. Do not ask Him for a lighter load, but ask Him for a stronger back

www.CAGEPRISONERS.com
    - www.youtube.com/7macchiato7

Comment

Originally posted by Macchiato View Post
      I love graffiti art work :love:

random gibberish tagging on the other hand is just vandalism, they lack design, colour and brains, glorified scribbling

there some nice stuff along london bridge at the skateboarding part, some shops have stuff done (by request) on their shutters which is pretty good too

but above bridges and on trains, that's just plain chav-it!

oh the art work at skateparks is always cool & and the shutters for some places are awesome too.

I like those artists who draw on the floor with chalk really amazing i seen them in London last time i went but i forgot what they call them self

i seriously hate tagging too it took the chav world by storm
      ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
      Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

graffiti is too 80s or early 90s, into minimalism now, so its all about keeping it clean.

Comment

I recently took pictures of paintings on the floor from london bridge. give me a min, I'll upload them...
          Trusting in Allah won't make the mountain smaller, but will make climbing easier. Do not ask Him for a lighter load, but ask Him for a stronger back

www.CAGEPRISONERS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
            graffiti is too 80s or early 90s, into minimalism now, so its all about keeping it clean.

Dunno i think it's kept fresh with every generation :up: with new ways of art n everything it's not really decade exclusive i think :o

Though a lot of it is tied up with gang culture n stuff too
            Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

the number of hours it took to paint them is written in chalk under them, but i don't think i caught that in the pictures very well
              Last edited by Macchiato; 05-08-09, 03:18 PM.

www.CAGEPRISONERS.com

Comment

wow the Ghandi Nelson Mandella and MLK pic is awesome powerful message too i guess. :up:

i can't see any of the times ?
                Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

graffiti is not restricted to an era or anything of the sort, it's an art form. I've been thinking to try my hand at airbrush art myself.
                  just as paint brushes produce a certain result, so does everything else... even potatoe cutting prints in nursery school :p
                  charcoal is another simple way to sketch whilst being able to blend, smudge, shade etc

www.CAGEPRISONERS.com

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
                    i can't see any of the times ?
                    thought i may have caught them in the shot slightly, ah well

these pics were under a bridge walkway in a park

www.CAGEPRISONERS.com

Comment

Have you heard of Banksy, Abu Ramble?

Not really graffiti, per se, more hit-and-run guerilla art, primarily using stencils....art as social commentary, if you will.

Check him out on teh interwebz if you don't know him.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Comment

i find banksy's work good, and acceptable,

but seeing tunnels filled with graffiti, i think it looks ugly. some of them use really crap colours that dont go well together and just not very artistic.

Comment

Bansky :up: fan-bloomin tastic
                          I like his messages, gutsy guy

Mohammed Ali > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v5irBnYHyw&feature=fvsr

www.CAGEPRISONERS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Farooq View Post

Not really graffiti, per se, more hit-and-run guerilla art, primarily using stencils....art as social commentary, if you will.

It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                            -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Farooq View Post

YES!!

Ohh, I'm so excited, you're discussing Art and art people!

No but there's some guy way before Banksy, he come out he did all this graffiti elsewhere, I don't know his name because it's in some other language I dunno... he ain't from here..

If you want graffiti art with a spin look at illustration artists! A lot of the stuff that is abstract is influenced by this art style but it's put in galleries...

I have more to say, but I have stuff to do at the moment, insha Allah I'll get back to you.
                              Last edited by scribble; 20-07-09, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X