Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foods that make you feel...

...ANGRY!

Are there foods that we should eat that do NOT make us angry. Are there certain vitamins/good stuff that we are lacking in our body that make us feel more frustrated as the days go by?

Whats the best food that is rich in goodness?
    "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Re: Foods that make you feel...

angry? :scratch:

Comment

:salams

Im not sure if this is what you are looking for Sis, but its an interesting read none the less................

The relationship between food and the person who eats it

Comment

:jkk: Ibrahim thats something I was discussing with others.

You are what you eat. The more meat you eat the more angry you get?

Allah hu Ahlam.
        "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

fruits fruits and more fruits

strawberries especially :d

Comment

Originally posted by muhammed_1428 View Post
            fruits fruits and more fruits

strawberries especially :d
            i love strawberries.. fruit is just the best...
            Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Comment

water.
              "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

"Garam" foods (foods that increase your body temperature- it doesn't necessarily mean heated/cooked foods) are normally associated with making people prone to becoming hot tempered, especially if they're not eaten with "tanda" foods (foods that cool you down). So garam foods are things like: chicken, eggs, fish, mango, dried fruit, nuts, ginger, garlic, chillis, masala (spices) and stuff like that. Tanda foods are things like: yogurt, cucumber, karela (bitter gourd), neem (a bitter medicinal herb), watermelon, most fruits (except mango and melon I think).

I guess in my grandparents' generation this sort of information was common knowledge and even now it's considered an integral part of Chinese medicine I think. I recently found out there's also hadith evidence about balancing the use of garam and tanda foods as well: it said something about eating dates (a garam food) with watermelon or soaked in milk to balance its effects.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

:jkk: neelu thats something i was looking for.

I think thats the asian diet lol 'garam' (hot/warm) foods

Comment

Very interesting info here, BarakAllahu feek
                    Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
                    :love:

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                      "Garam" foods (foods that increase your body temperature- it doesn't necessarily mean heated/cooked foods) are normally associated with making people prone to becoming hot tempered, especially if they're not eaten with "tanda" foods (foods that cool you down). So garam foods are things like: chicken, eggs, fish, mango, dried fruit, nuts, ginger, garlic, chillis, masala (spices) and stuff like that. Tanda foods are things like: yogurt, cucumber, karela (bitter gourd), neem (a bitter medicinal herb), watermelon, most fruits (except mango and melon I think).

I guess in my grandparents' generation this sort of information was common knowledge and even now it's considered an integral part of Chinese medicine I think. I recently found out there's also hadith evidence about balancing the use of garam and tanda foods as well: it said something about eating dates (a garam food) with watermelon or soaked in milk to balance its effects.
                      Originally posted by Jilbabi View Post
                      :jkk: neelu thats something i was looking for.

I think thats the asian diet lol 'garam' (hot/warm) foods
                      this is from hinduism, from auruvedic scriptures which claim ppl have certain body types kapha pitta vata etc. and that certain foods have hot and cold qualities etc etc.
                      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

baked beans will give u a violent stomach teehee looooool

@ the rep, beans beans make ur heart, beans beans make u fart, the more u eat the more u fart, beans beans make ur heart
                        Last edited by Phoenix CG; 21-07-09, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

alhamdulillah..our prophet s.a.w. also gave advice regarding eating dates/cucumbers etc

also many hakeems have links to shaykhs and ulema ..and hakeems are scholars and shaykhs too

hakeems also talk of hot and cold stomachs/foods

arabs having cold stomachs and being able to handle more dates and honey

us in britain have hot stomachs and can handle less garam foods

things brings the issue of british born indians/pakistanis arabs etc having confused stomachs:D

goats milk is garam and better for you generally in u.k

Comment

Originally posted by ~asiya~ View Post
                            this is from hinduism, from auruvedic scriptures which claim ppl have certain body types kapha pitta vata etc. and that certain foods have hot and cold qualities etc etc.
                            Really? mm but there are foods that actually do make the body more warm than others which can cause it to react in certain ways and play on a persons emotions?

Comment

Originally posted by Jilbabi View Post
                              Really? mm but there are foods that actually do make the body more warm than others which can cause it to react in certain ways and play on a persons emotions?
                              Allah knows best sis, nothing in our scriptures about that, but it is the exact same principles from the hindus aurvedic medicines. i`ve never felt more healthy than as i do as a muslim, much more so than following all that nonsense about vatta pitta,kapha and nonsense about hot and cold foodstuffs heres some of the rubbish they come out with,i personally feel that if it had any basis in fact then our prophet :saw: would have told us about it.

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/5-25-2006-97245.asp

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/ayurveda-and-food.html
                              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X