Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cleaning Thread - Tips and Tricks

How do you get a pollen stain out of a carpet? - white spirit

How do you get chewing gum out of hair? - err? scissors?

How do you prevent grease build up on your cooker hood? - clean it once with degreaser and coat it in Baby Oil.

How do you clean fingerprints off steel surfaces? - baby oil

How do you clean old brass letterboxes - take it off dip it in 3-4 litres of Coka Cola, dry thoroughly and finish by buffing with brasso.

You get the drift...ask and answer at will.

Jazakallah for your contribution.

Re: The Cleaning Thread - Tips and Tricks

i got a feeling im going to enjoy this thread.

i start hoovering everywhere whenever im anticipated or stressed. i annoy everyone expecially when its during the night, im so wierd :crying2:

Comment

Butter stain removal hints:

paste of laundry powder and water (work into the stain)
      Ammonia will also work well to clean grease stains.

Comment

If you have burnt on stains on a pan or general dull pans, use a tomato/ tomato ketchup, give it a good scrub and it should come out shiny :p Something to do with the acid in the tomato!
        What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
        Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
        Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
        but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
        but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
        We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
        freedom from slavery to other than the One,
        Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
        and a horizon that extends to the next life,
        Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by OurMuslimUmmah View Post
          i got a feeling im going to enjoy this thread.

i start hoovering everywhere whenever im anticipated or stressed. i annoy everyone expecially when its during the night, im so wierd :crying2:
          I did this for years, tip toeing at night and re-arranging my room, cleaning every nuck and cranny.

We are all weird, or maybe suffering slightly from OCD

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
            If you have burnt on stains on a pan or general dull pans, use a tomato/ tomato ketchup, give it a good scrub and it should come out shiny :p Something to do with the acid in the tomato!
            thats awesome, i will try that tonight on the frying pan!.

Comment

Comment

here's a tip: if something is dirty... tell the wife!

Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

Originally posted by NewParent View Post
                  I did this for years, tip toeing at night and re-arranging my room, cleaning every nuck and cranny.

We are all weird, or maybe suffering slightly from OCD
                  once i tried hoovering the windows, didn't come out right and instead became even more dirtier.

Comment

once i tried hoovering the windows, didn't come out right and instead became even more dirtier.
                    your weird! ;)

Comment

Windows - newspaper and windowlene, or vinegar

Comment

this thread is just so kwl... :jkk: new parent. hmmm would be nice also if a cooking one was around .

i really like cleaning lol...well maybe not that much...so here goes..just the one to being with...

best /method/product/way to clean wooden floors?

**apologies in advance if i take over ths thread** :)
                        ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

Originally posted by EastLondon_Bro View Post
                          this thread is just so kwl... :jkk: new parent. hmmm would be nice also if a cooking one was around .

i really like cleaning lol...well maybe not that much...so here goes..just the one to being with...

best /method/product/way to clean wooden floors?

**apologies in advance if i take over ths thread** :)
                          not sure, i don't have many of those, i can think of one though.

Boil water, with some flash mopping liquid, strain the mop well, and give it a good mopping over.

How about a quick alternative for dust only, nappy wipes wrapped around a dry sponge?

Comment

Originally posted by NewParent View Post
                            not sure, i don't have many of those, i can think of one though.

Boil water, with some flash mopping liquid, strain the mop well, and give it a good mopping over.

How about a quick alternative for dust only, nappy wipes wrapped around a dry sponge?

Make sure the floor doesnt get to wet otherwise it will eat away the wood

Comment

Household Hints & Tips

1. Glue small magnets into your bathroom medicine cabinet to hold nail clippers.

2. To find a lost hard contact lens in a room, darken the lighting and shine a torch across the floor area. The lens should sparkle.

3. If the screws on your eyeglasses loosen often, touch the top of them with a little clear nail polish and they should stick tight.

4. Remove non-greasy dry spots from book pages by rubbing them lightly with fine waterpaper.

5. Use a wide toothed comb to clean the fuzz from broom bristles.

6. If you put petroleum jelly on the extension sections of your vacuum cleaner, they will slide apart easily.

7. The best velvet brush is another piece of velvet.

8. You will find that new shoes are less slippery if you rub an abrasive
                              cleaner on the soles.

9. If you file notches on your wooden clothes rail a few cm apart, you will keep your clothes from jamming together and wrinkling.

10. When entertaining, place all the food you need on one shelf in the fridge, it will be easier to remove.

11. To prevent torch batteries from corroding, place aluminium foil between the spring and the end cap.

12. During a power failure, place your candle and holder in a saucer of water, this reflects more light and makes everything brighter.

13. You can separate 2 glasses that are stuck together by pouring cold water into the top one and immersing the bottom one in warm water.

14. To straighten a bent candle simply soften it by dipping into a little hot water and then roll it flat on a tabletop.

15. Candles burn twice as long is you sprinkle salt on them before lighting.

16. Never use soap to clean linoleum, clean with equal parts vinegar and olive oil.

More Here....

Comment

Working...
                              X