The driving force of LOVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The driving force of LOVE

As Umar (r.a) passed by a house at midnight, he heard a women reciting in the memory of the departed Prophet (saw):translation: "(O' Prophet ) May peace and blessings of Allah (swt) be upon you. You used to cry at night (for the ummah) and were fearful of Allah. I don't know if Allah would allow me to meet you on the day of Judgment. With time, my deeds are changing. I don't know in what condition would I die, I wonder if I would be able to meet you...."

Overwhelmed, Umar (r.a) felled to the ground. Then controlling his tears he knocked at the door. "Who ?" came the voice."Umar.." was the reply. "Umar ?!?! What has HE to do in my home..?" Umar replied, " Please listen to me, I request you in the name of Allah to repeat to me the poem you were reciting in the love of the Prophet...I want to listen to it again...."
    Such uncontrollable was their love and passion for the Prophet. After a war, a suhabi was lying on the ground with blood all over his body, every inch of him seemed to be filled with wounds, few breaths were remaining in a state between life and death. The prophet (saw) recognized him and said, "Ask whatever you want (in heaven)" The Prophet's voice brought life to the unconscious sahabi. He opened his eyes, his broken hands and feet didn't help him so he crawled towards the prophet, placed his head on the prophet's feet, looked up to him and smilingly let out his last breath...

But our love is only limited to, "It is just a sunnah, doing it earns you blessings, but not doing it is of no harm" Love of money forces us to pick our coin falling from our pocket, but the love of Prophet (saw) doesn't force us to adopt his ways that are falling from our lifestyle ?!
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 14-07-09, 05:57 PM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: The driving force of LOVE

Do you have any sources for these quotes?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

^
      Lectures of Maulana Tariq Jameel and Dr. Malik Ghulam Murtaza. I usually don't mention names of the scholars because some people don't like specific scholars thus they ignore the message if they don't like the scholar whose name is mentioned, while I personally think the "message" and the "lesson" is more important no matter who and what the source is.
      Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

molana rumis mathnavi:)

recommended to all with anger issues:)

http://www.july7thvictim.blogspot.com/

Comment

Rumi had every reason to hate the Mongols. They killed half his family. They almost killed his spiritual teacher Shums. But neither Shums nor his student were students of hatred, vengeance and violence. They were students of divine love.

If the Muslims of Rumi’s time could win over the Mongols, what is there to stop us living in the relative freedom of the West from winning over our countrymen and women? Filled with divine love, we can win over anyone with God’s permission.

Terror pushes the hearts away from God. Terror breeds hatred and more terror. But love is the divine magnet that drags people back to their Lord. Love turns your worst enemy into your bosom friend.

http://www.arabworldbooks.com/Articles/article69.htm

Comment

If the Muslims of Rumi’s time could win over the Mongols, what is there to stop us living in the relative freedom of the West from winning over our countrymen and women?
            Say that next time you want to complain about 7/7 or having your door kicked down.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Comment

Originally posted by Submit To Peace View Post
              ^
              Lectures of Maulana Tariq Jameel and Dr. Malik Ghulam Murtaza. I usually don't mention names of the scholars because some people don't like specific scholars thus they ignore the message if they don't like the scholar whose name is mentioned, while I personally think the "message" and the "lesson" is more important no matter who and what the source is.
              I got nothing against the two of them, and i understand the morals and lessons of the stories, but i don't like it when fabrications are portrayed as truth, that's why i asked for its sources.

Comment

^ Thanks brother for the clarification. I totally understand your point, and agree to it. I would be inshaAllah careful in future to mention the sources as well. JazakAllah khair for bringing up a good point :)

Comment

The book used as reference is Fazail-e-Amaal

Comment

:jkk:

Comment

^ Waiyyakum

Comment

Bismillah

Mashallah! Wow! Those words of poetry by the women especiialy ' I don't know if Allah would allow me to meet you on the day of Judgment. With time, my deeds are changing. I don't know in what condition would I die, I wonder if I would be able to meet you...."

Subhannallah! So true...someone may start of good but can get into alot of bad! Allah swt and the beloved save us all!!!! Inshallah!

Beautiful! Jazakallah khair for that!

Comment

Working...
                        X