Pain in childbirth 'a good thing'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pain in childbirth 'a good thing'

Ive noticed from mothers who have had an epidural, that it is extremly painful!!! when they strt stickng that needle in your back.... ouch
    Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amir (ra) : 'Umar (ra) went to Sham and when he reached Sargh, he got the news that an epidemic (of plague) had broken out in Sham. 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf (ra) told him that Allah's Apostle (saaw) said, "If you hear that it (plague) has broken out in a land, do not go to it; but if it breaks out in a land where you are present, do not go out escaping from it." (Book #71, Hadith #626 - Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by ruks View Post
      Ive noticed from mothers who have had an epidural, that it is extremly painful!!! when they strt stickng that needle in your back.... ouch
      I didn't even notice them sticking it in?
      use gas & air while they do it u wnt hav a problem iA :up:
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
        epidurals arent totally numbing you can still feel some, and @ the end they wont top it up when the baby is about to be born, so that the mother will feel to be able to push.
        Side effects of eipidurals :

* Loss of other modalities of sensation (including touch, and proprioception)

* Loss of muscle power (hence, a risk of falling)

* Loss of function of the sympathetic nervous system, which controls blood pressure
        They seem to be very risky
        'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

there are side effects of alot of things, so big deal
          its not actually "very risky"
          why dnt u run along and stop quoting me all the time
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

doesnt it knock you out when using gas and air? i mena my cousin sister didnt know whether she was coming or going? and felt really drowsy afterwards, didnt even know why she was in hospital or that she had given birth!!
            Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amir (ra) : 'Umar (ra) went to Sham and when he reached Sargh, he got the news that an epidemic (of plague) had broken out in Sham. 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf (ra) told him that Allah's Apostle (saaw) said, "If you hear that it (plague) has broken out in a land, do not go to it; but if it breaks out in a land where you are present, do not go out escaping from it." (Book #71, Hadith #626 - Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
              there are side effects of alot of things, so big deal
              its not actually "very risky"
              why dnt u run along and stop quoting me all the time
              It's a forum. People quote others
              'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

ouchhhhhh.. all this childbirth talk is making me feel very uncomfortable =|

Comment

Originally posted by zaynab1 View Post
                  ouchhhhhh.. all this childbirth talk is making me feel very uncomfortable =|
                  Lol !

Insha'Allah, everything'll be ok, Sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                    Lol !

Insha'Allah, everything'll be ok, Sister.
                    Jazak'Allah.

My friend recently gave birth, her husband was in the delivery room and just a few minutes into the labour he ran outta the hospital and was nowhere to be found.. her family couldnt find him or contact him! so for all you brothers commenting here saying the pain is 'nothing', some of you men cant even handle watching the pain- let alone experiencing it! so give us women some credit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zaynab1 View Post
                      Jazak'Allah.

My friend recently gave birth, her husband was in the delivery room and just a few minutes into the labour he ran outta the hospital and was nowhere to be found.. her family couldnt find him or contact him! so for all you brothers commenting here saying the pain is 'nothing', some of you men cant even handle watching the pain- let alone experiencing it! so give us women some credit!!!
                      that husband is very supportive

when i was with my aunt, i went pail, my eyes bulged out, and nearly fainted. what could be worse ):

Comment

Pain tolerance is subjective for each individual. So it is perfectly natural that you may tolerate childbirth easier than the next woman, or you may not. I would say that pain in childbirth is a 'natural' thing, but how can you tell anyone else it is a 'good' thing? You don't feel their pain, do you? How women choose to ease their pain is their choice, not ours.

If pain is such a good thing, maybe we ought to finds ways to increase it? That would make it an even 'better' thing, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by OurMuslimUmmah View Post
                          that husband is very supportive

when i was with my aunt, i went pail, my eyes bulged out, and nearly fainted. what could be worse ):
                          wow you're brave to gon in!!! i cant even hear stories about child labour without it making me screamish let alone actually witness it! but Insha'Allah i hope to have lots of kids- nt sure how that all works out tho =|

My friend wasnt mad at her husband, surprisingly, she understood that he coudnt bare seeing her in pain.

Comment

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...800&#paginator
                            What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                            Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                            Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                            but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                            but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                            We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                            freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                            Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                            and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                            Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X