Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for those who cook

:salams

How much is a pinch of salt? I use to think it was a small dash, but then watching the food network and seeing the cooks go crazy with salt...I'm confused.
    ูˆูŽุฅูุฐูŽุง ุณูŽุฃูŽู„ูŽูƒูŽ ุนูุจูŽุงุฏููŠ ุนูŽู†ูู‘ูŠ ููŽุฅูู†ูู‘ูŠ ู‚ูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ ุฃูุฌููŠุจู ุฏูŽุนู’ูˆูŽุฉูŽ ุงู„ุฏู‘ูŽุงุนู ุฅูุฐูŽุง ุฏูŽุนูŽุงู†ู ููŽู„ู’ูŠูŽุณู’ุชูŽุฌููŠุจููˆุงู’ ู„ููŠ ูˆูŽู„ู’ูŠูุคู’ู…ูู†ููˆุงู’ ุจููŠ ู„ูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ูŠูŽุฑู’ุดูุฏููˆู†ูŽ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Re: Question for those who cook

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post

How much is a pinch of salt? I use to think it was a small dash, but then watching the food network and seeing the cooks go crazy with salt...I'm confused.
    Put thumb n index finger in salt pot, squeeze/pinch salt in your thumb/index finger = pinch of salt :D
    Yawmaithin tu’a A’radoona la takhfa minkum khafiyatun [69:18]
    :love:
    "Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny?" (Qur'an 55:13)

Comment

:wswrwb:

a pinch is the tiny winy amount, between your thumb & index finger, but if they put more then its not a pinch, its a bit more than a pinch lol
      check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

What you making?

Comment

That's what I always thought though, when they say a pinch of salt, it's only a pinch. Which is very small. But then I watch the cooks and it's not a pinch. :S
          ูˆูŽุฅูุฐูŽุง ุณูŽุฃูŽู„ูŽูƒูŽ ุนูุจูŽุงุฏููŠ ุนูŽู†ูู‘ูŠ ููŽุฅูู†ูู‘ูŠ ู‚ูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ ุฃูุฌููŠุจู ุฏูŽุนู’ูˆูŽุฉูŽ ุงู„ุฏู‘ูŽุงุนู ุฅูุฐูŽุง ุฏูŽุนูŽุงู†ู ููŽู„ู’ูŠูŽุณู’ุชูŽุฌููŠุจููˆุงู’ ู„ููŠ ูˆูŽู„ู’ูŠูุคู’ู…ูู†ููˆุงู’ ุจููŠ ู„ูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ูŠูŽุฑู’ุดูุฏููˆู†ูŽ
          "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

Originally posted by TroubledBrother View Post
            What you making?
            Nothing at the moment. It was just a general question. :)

Comment

That's what I always thought though, when they say a pinch of salt, it's only a pinch. Which is very small. But then I watch the cooks and it's not a pinch. :S
              its a lie then

i suppose its just a saying, you knw 'just a inch of salt' meaning theres no 'specific amount'.

lol
              check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

47 days to go :insha:
                :wswrwb:

First pinch ur skin hard enough to get a bruiseand then cover the bruise area with the salt, and there u have it the perfect measurement of 'A Pinch of Salt'.....just kidding

I agree with sis hijab and sis naeemah.

Comment

Working...
                X