If being a Muslim benefits me....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If being a Muslim benefits me....

materialistically, GOOD! otherwise, I never claimed to be a good Muslim. I find it impossible to wake up early to go to mosque (unless the Imam distributes free latest laptops after dua, then I would be the first one to reach half an hour earlier or may be I won't even sleep at night to not miss the great sawab. Even if I fell dizzy, my relatives will make sure that I don't lose this honor. My friends would accompany me in this noble cause and join the great crowd coming from all directions towards the masjid..We would be thinking about the model and system of this sawab even during prayer.)

I spent 3 years away from family for Masters, because Muslim ummah needs engineers (with a high pay spent on myself not the Ummah). Our prophet (saw) ordered us to give sacrifices for knowledge (of course I would assume it the knowledge that earns me high status). In case of knowledge of Quran and hadith, well, where is it written that one should leave family for a 4 months Islamic course? (of course not written in the fashion magazines and newspapers I regularly read)" But if there is an Islamic degree that earns me a "highly paid job + status" then ahem.., you don't need to show me where it is written, it MUST be true. If the pay is not good, then Quran and hadith is only for the Imam to learn, I would carry on with "I think this and that" if I need answer to any Islamic question.

I frequently give expensive gifts to my ill mannered boss and invite him to dinner because our Prophet (saw) has said that frequent exchange of gifts increase love in the heart of people. About the well mannered peon, gatekeeper, driver, assistant...etc. I don't want to increase my love in their heart, after all we all make mistakes and I never said I am a good Muslim. If the new Chairman of another company is a good person than our Prophet (saw) encouraged us to have a company of good people.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: If being a Muslim benefits me....

:jkk:

very well written mashaALLAH and some excellent points raised.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Submit To Peace View Post
      materialistically, GOOD! otherwise, I never claimed to be a good Muslim. I find it impossible to wake up early to go to mosque (unless the Imam distributes free latest laptops after dua, then I would be the first one to reach half an hour earlier or may be I won't even sleep at night to not miss the great sawab. Even if I fell dizzy, my relatives will make sure that I don't lose this honor. My friends would accompany me in this noble cause and join the great crowd coming from all directions towards the masjid..We would be thinking about the model and system of this sawab even during prayer.)

I spent 3 years away from family for Masters, because Muslim ummah needs engineers (with a high pay spent on myself not the Ummah). Our prophet (saw) ordered us to give sacrifices for knowledge (of course I would assume it the knowledge that earns me high status). In case of knowledge of Quran and hadith, well, where is it written that one should leave family for a 4 months Islamic course? (of course not written in the fashion magazines and newspapers I regularly read)" But if there is an Islamic degree that earns me a "highly paid job + status" then ahem.., you don't need to show me where it is written, it MUST be true. If the pay is not good, then Quran and hadith is only for the Imam to learn, I would carry on with "I think this and that" if I need answer to any Islamic question.

I frequently give expensive gifts to my ill mannered boss and invite him to dinner because our Prophet (saw) has said that frequent exchange of gifts increase love in the heart of people. About the well mannered peon, gatekeeper, driver, assistant...etc. I don't want to increase my love in their heart, after all we all make mistakes and I never said I am a good Muslim. If the new Chairman of another company is a good person than our Prophet (saw) encouraged us to have a company of good people.
      Exactly, it's funny.

:jkk:
      :love: “A calamity that makes you turn to Allah, is better than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah” :love:

Comment

that could be called a piece of art lol. :up:
        "Religion is to do right. It is to love, it is to think, it is to serve, it is to be humble."
        Originally posted by AbuMubarak
        -first and foremost, america has turned its back on God
        -it has turned its back on the statements of its origin, regarding equality, justice and liberty
        -it has become a prostitute of money and will sell its very soul for a profit
        -it has taken the word, decadence, to new levels never previously known in human history
        -it has began a war against islam
        -can obama fix this? only if he is helped by God, Himself

Comment

Well written, indeed! I liked it! :)

Comment

:up:

Comment

Wa iyyakum.

Once a Taba-Taabai asked a Taabai, "If the Suhaaba-e-rasool were alive in the present age, what would they think of us, and what would we think of them"

The Taabai replied, "They would think of us to be devils (due to hypocrisy) and we would think of them to be mad because of their passion to follow the orders of Allah (swt) and ways of the Prophet (saw)".
              Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Working...
              X