Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you change?

Assalamu Alaikum everyone,

I've been thinking recently.. about people who undergo a great and sometimes sudden change where they leave behind there old lifestyle and embrace Islam wholeheartedly.

I was wondering just the other day because apparently it seems that one bro that I am acquainted with has undergone a great change. I don't know the bro so well, I mean he's a friend of a friend, but I wouldn't blame anyone for previously assuming him to be non-Muslim. I mean he lived a certain lifestyle and indulged in many things of which many of us would be ashamed.

I hadn't spoken or seen him in months when just the other day I signed into facebook () and saw a status update from him. It said something along of the lines of:

"Assalamu Alaikum bros and sisters, I am holding a talk which will be about Islam and deen. Many topics will be covered and I will also have a Q&A where I will answer what I can from you. Muslims and NON-Muslims are invited to attend. Please message if you are interested and I will provide more details. Jazakallah Khair."

Now I was quite taken aback by this. I think anyone would have been if they knew the bro. I also found that he had removed his pics and was only left with an ad for an Islamic talk for his profile picture.

It seems that the brother has, alhamdulillah, found his reason in life and has undergone a major change which is quite inspiring to me.

I don't know many people like this but I was wondering if anyone here has a similar story? Have you undergone a great change or has someone you know experienced one? I would be interested in hearing what exactly happened and what inspired you and brought you to the realisation that you needed to change.

I hope any stories that people can share will be inspiration to myself and others who read them.

Jazakallah Khair.
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."
Working...
X