This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can u tell me if someone wanted to press charges on u for abh

but u were just watching whats going on and didnt wanna get involeved mostly becos u feared for ur own safety
    Last edited by da virus; 01-06-09, 02:04 AM.

Re: what can u tell me if someone wanted to press charges on u for abh

Originally posted by da virus View Post
    but u were just watching whats going on and didnt wanna get involeved mostly becos u feared for ur own safety
    Why is someone threatening to press charges against you?
    Mrs B

Comment

Originally posted by da virus View Post
      If you're a bystander, can they press charges on you for that? I've never heard of people pressing charges for that, being sued, yes, but pressing charges...
      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
      Surah al-Baqarah
      [2:245]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
      ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

I'm no legal expert, but I don't think someone can be convicted of ABH solely through watching a fight.....unless there is more to this story than you have told us.

In my limited understanding, people are charged with ABH when they directly or indirectly cause bodily harm to someone. In other words, if you do something that directly causes harm to them, or causes them to be harmed in some other way, through your words or actions.

I don't think watching a fight comes under that category, but I might be wrong.

You should get legal advice really, rather than asking on a forum.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Comment

What's ABH?

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
            What's ABH?
            Actual Bodily Harm
            Mrs B

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
              If you're a bystander, can they press charges on you for that? I've never heard of people pressing charges for that, being sued, yes, but pressing charges...
              This is news to me and I am in the legal field. Never known of any bystander being charged, let alone convicted. And it is not possible to sue a bystander unless there is a legal duty between the defendant and claimant.
              Mrs B

Comment

his accusation is gonna be that i set him up or rather i set the whole thing up
                Last edited by da virus; 01-06-09, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X