Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time of Marriage.

Bismillah-Hir-Rahman-ni-Raheem

Asalaamu-Alaikum-Wa-Rahmatullaahi-wa-Barakaatuhu.

Brother's and sister's, at what age do you recommend one should get married? Please support your answers from hadith’s or personal experience.

I think i posted this thread at the wrong section, so could a mod please move it over to the marriage section please if possible.

Re: Time of Marriage.

Wa alayklum assalam wr wb
    This has been asked many times, and it has been said "when the person feels ready physically and mentally"
    "Then Which Of The Favours Of Your Lord Will You Deny"

:love: Surah Ar Rahman :love:

Comment

Originally posted by CryingForGaza View Post
      Wa alayklum assalam wr wb
      This has been asked many times, and it has been said "when the person feels ready physically and mentally"
      Yeah i have heard of that, but i would also like to hear what other people think from personal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_uthman1 View Post
        Yeah i have heard of that, but i would also like to hear what other people think from personal experience.
        i see, tbh most of the people in my family have married early like the eldest person to get married was 23. depending on where they live also imo makes a big difference, say they live somewhere where there is a lot of fitna i would advise they get married earlier compare to one living somewhere where there is less fitna.

Comment

i see, tbh most of the people in my family have married early like the eldest person to get married was 23. depending on where they live also imo makes a big difference, say they live somewhere where there is a lot of fitna i would advise they get married earlier compare to one living somewhere where there is less fitna.
          I see, so let's say a person lives a place of fitna.. Well the entire west is mostly full of fitna what age should he/she get married at then?

Comment

I see, so let's say a person lives a place of fitna.. Well the entire west is mostly full of fitna what age should he/she get married at then?
            well they get Married as soon as they feel the heat of the fitna hitting them :S i guess. so 16,17,18 IMO.
            then again every one is different.

it is also advised by the prophet Muhammed (saw) to marry young as stated in the hadith below:

Muslim :: Book 8 : Hadith 3233
            Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to us: 0 young men, those among you who can support a wife should marry, for it restrains eyes (from casting evil glances) and preserves one from immorality; but he who cannot afford It should observe fast for it is a means of controlling the sexual desire.
            Last edited by CryingForGaza; 29-05-09, 10:36 PM.

Comment

well they get ready as soon as they feel the heat of the fitna hitting them :S i guess. so 16,17,18 ish
              Really? Would you consider a 16 to 18 year old to get married at that a age? well i guess 18 is normal but 16-17 would you consider that?

Comment

Really? Would you consider a 16 to 18 year old to get married at that a age? well i guess 18 is normal but 16-17 would you consider that?
                why so shocked? there are 12 year olds who go round with their BF/GF, getting pregnant and inpregnating girls. The other day alone i saw two year 11 girls with their child at the park, is it better they do this in a pre marital relation ship? 16 should be fine as they can marry legally with parent consent (in the uk i think)

Comment

I am 25 and have studied up to a PHD level i am not married and now i am going to study medicine in Cuba. When i finish i will be 32 inshalah , marriage is something that you should so if you want to. I personally have plans that where marriage just is not compatible.

Comment

why so shocked? there are 12 year olds who go round with their BF/GF, getting pregnant and inpregnating girls. The other day alone i saw two year 11 girls with their child at the park, is it better they do this in a pre marital relation ship? 16 should be fine as they can marry legally with parent consent (in the uk i think)
                    Sorry if i sounded shocked, i guess i used my choice of words in a wrong way. Anyhow i see what your saying jazakalhauray.

Comment

im 26 and ive been making a big push lately.
                      "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
                        im 26 and ive been making a big push lately.
                        I pray that allah brings you a pious wife

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
                          I pray that allah brings you a pious wife
                          we'll see soon inshaAllah, make dua for me
                          Last edited by Basil al-Mamluk; 30-05-09, 12:08 AM.
                          "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X