Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whose that in ur photo HK?

Comment

Do the patches really work?? Maybe my dad should try it.

Peace
      3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

happykufr, just wondering........ would the fact that you've been hanging out with muslims somewhat on the boards had any positive contribution (maybe reading Quran verses somewhere or Sunnah) to that positive change in your life? I know we have it out on the current issues board regarding politics, but if you hang around any Muslims long enough, some of the Words of Allah, all so pure and true, will ring in your ears and have a good effect, Allah willing.

Side question.... any reason in particular you haven't become Muslim yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sajid
          whose that in ur photo HK?
          An American actor, John Belushi, in a movie called "Animal House".
          Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by peace2u
            Do the patches really work?? Maybe my dad should try it.

Peace
            They do help, tomorrow will be 8 days...ask dad to give it a shot.

Comment

wow, I will, thanks:)

Peace
              3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

congratulations happykufr, keep up the good work! the best way to quit is to just throw them away, cold turkey stop. i know thats much easier said then done, but when you try that cutting back approach, will slowly cut down and quit.. lol.. yeah right.

i know, i smoked for many years too, i have been smoke free for nearly 9 yrs. finished smoking my last one in a pack one day, and said, thats it, no more, i am done. no one believed i could do it that way (from my friends and family) my husband however, believed in me very much, alhamdulillah. but i did it, and have not picked one up since. Islam had alot to do with it. My fear of Allah. that, and my 5 year old son telling me he learned in school that my heart would turn green if i didnt stop, (lol) Islam and kids sure are an inspiration in my life.

anyhow, i think alot of it has to do with how addicted you are. i was never the type that could smoke early in the morning, right after getting out of bed, like so many i knew could do. i thought that was gross. i always had my first one of the day sometime after lunch.

try to avoid smoking areas and sitting and chatting for long periods of time. thats when i missed it most, during conversations with friends. make yourself busy, and keep the vision of what you child did in your mind. like i said, children are so inspirational.

Comment

Well done to everyone who's managed to give up smoking. May Allah keep you firm in your resolutions and may He draw you closer to his obedience.

Comment

Working...
                  X