I have quit smoking.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have quit smoking.

It is very hard, I have smoked for over 17 years.
    I just can't do it to my-self, to my family, to those around me.

Please support me by saying a prayer for my continued tobacco-free life.

May G-D be with you.
    Please Re-update your Signature

:D

well done

Ws
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Good decision. Many at your age should have give up sucking her or his mother's breast long ago! Well, that's what smokers think they are doing, isn't it?

Comment

Well done!!

My dad smoked from the age of 9-35 and gave up! Anything is possible if you want it bad enough, inshaa Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Justcurious
          Good decision. Many at your age should have give up sucking her or his mother's breast long ago! Well, that's what smokers think they are doing, isn't it?
          Just curious you got issues.

Comment

Thanks guys, and yes. justcurious has issues.

Comment

smoking is the resultof an oral fixation...there mayb some truth 2 wat juscurious mentioned...or justcuroius may hve issues :p

Ws
              You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony
                smoking is the resultof an oral fixation...there mayb some truth 2 wat juscurious mentioned...or justcuroius may hve issues :p

Ws
                Sallaam

Ah Frued, the old coot. Happy, some advice of a may. Have a piece of paper and pen with you and write down all the times u feel like a smoke i.e 5 mins after lunch, 20 mins before leaving work etc etc. This way you will know what times you will find the most difficult. If you know this you can prepare by having something else in mind, i.e. going out with friends or making sure you have some chewing gum i.e oral fixation again :).

Allah Hafiz

YNam ("I hate myself even less than i hate your pigeons" Nam 22/08/03)

Comment

hmm, frued.
                  I had better ask my mother about that.
                  =P

Comment

:up: good job!!! I'm still working on my dad though:(

Peace
                    3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

Day two. Feeling really dizzy. Maybe more oxygen getting to lungs. Good lord, I pray your Dad stops smoking. The health statistics on smokers is just appalling.

The straw that broke the camels back was my 2 1/2 yr old picking up a disposable lighter (that had fallen from my pocket) and pretending to smoke it.

The revulsion and shame I felt that someday she might smoke too, and that I would be to blame...

Thanks again for your well wishes.

Comment

thats really good :) I hope you continue with the quitting (if that makes sense?) and that its not too hard for you :)
                        .: Rufaida :.
                        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                        “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by happykufr
                          hmm, frued.
                          I had better ask my mother about that.
                          =P
                          Sallaam

Not quiet frued, but simple strategies to help one stop smoking. As for asking your mother, make sure she gives you a note as well :).

Allah HAfiz

RNam ("R stands for rehabilitator" nam 23/08/03)

Comment

Man i've been workin' on my dad to get him to quit smoking for years. My #1 way of getting him to put it out is to ask if I can have one whenever I see him lighting one up. Either way, good job quitting, that's more than what I can say for my dad.

Comment

I'm joining you starting today...lookout patch, here I come.

Comment

Working...
                              X