So what do you all think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what do you all think?

thats the one a forge, shame on me i should know that, my grandfather was in the steel works for 50 years.

good idea though, i thought it looked familiar with of the bit on the back sticking out, looked a bit like an old gas canister. whats the rusty looking thing hooked up to it with a tube, off of ? guessing thats the bellows for the furnace ?
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

yup...it's an old school, hand crank blower that sat in an old barn for about 100 years before I rescued it and got it working again
      I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
        yup...what you have in mind?
        How much for THIS?

Comment

What do you use for fuel in the forge? My husband also works with metal. Where do you get the horn for the handles? ebay? Or you go out and hunt with your knives too ...
          Probably, no nation is rich enough to pay for both war and civilization. We must make our choice; we cannot have both.~Abraham Flexner

Comment

daymmmm beautifuuul pics :D

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
              How much for THIS?
              LOL that piece would run in the ball park of $1500.00 or 750 pounds and no guarantees that it would get through customs.
              BTW here is the finished knife. It goes to it's knew home tomorrow :D
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nomadicfoodie View Post
                What do you use for fuel in the forge? My husband also works with metal. Where do you get the horn for the handles? ebay? Or you go out and hunt with your knives too ...
                I use hardwoods like maple or black locust for fuel. Now are you referring to the antlers or the horn on my anvil? The antlers I find in the bush. Every fall, deer, elk and moose shed their antlers so you can just walk along and find them in the spring. Plus I hunt so I usually get one or two sets of deer antlers a year that way

Comment

Them are pretty awesome, I want to make a knife. =o

Comment

man... now i feel like if i log on ummah from work... i might get in trouble for gettin on terrorist websites or showing interest in dangerous weapons :(
                    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                      man... now i feel like if i log on ummah from work... i might get in trouble for gettin on terrorist websites or showing interest in dangerous weapons :(
                      bwahahaha it's all part of an evil plot to arrest all of ummah.com :p

Comment

bro!

u gotta teach me how to make that stuff! i am in need of more katanas :o
                        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Well here is a good place to learn the ins and outs...just remember that you have to walk before you run
                          http://forums.dfoggknives.com/index.php?act=idx

Comment

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
                            Well here is a good place to learn the ins and outs...just remember that you have to walk before you run
                            http://forums.dfoggknives.com/index.php?act=idx
                            i think at this point i'll need to learn how to crawl
                            ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                            Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
                              i think at this point i'll need to learn how to crawl
                              Hey, no worries...every master smith started out as a newbie once

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X