Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're not perfect, so don't be among the losers

:salams

When you have nothing to do, remember Allah and when you remember Allah make sincere tawbah. We are sinners by nature, so we need to constantly purify ourselves. There are many du'as to read for forgiveness, like Allahumma inni afoo'un tohibul afwa fa'fuanni (Oh Allah you are the Oft-Forgiving, so forgive me)

But, here are some du'as that are taken from the Quran. Inshallah, while reading the du'as please make it your intention that you are reading this to help purify yourself, inshallah. May Allah guide us, forgive us, and bless us with Jannat-ul-Firdos. Ameen.

Duas:

1. Rabbana la tu'akhizna in-nasina aw akh-ta'na. Rab-bana wa la tahmil 'alayna isran kama hamaltahu 'ala-lladhina min qablina, Rab-bana wa la tuhammilna ma la taqata lana bih, wa-'fu 'anna wa 'ghfirlana warhamna anta Maulana fansurna 'alal-qawmil kafirin

[O our Lord! Do not hold us responsible if we forget or make a mistake. O our Lord, do not lay on us a burden such as You laid on those before us. O our Lord, do not impose upon us that which we have not the strength (to bear). Pardon us, and forgive us, and have mercy on us. You are our Lord-master, so help us against the unbelieving people) [surah Baqarah; 2:286]

2. Rabbana innana amanna faghfir lana dhunuubana wa qinna 'adhaban-Naar

(Our Lord! we have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire) [surah Al' Imran; 3: 16]

3. Rabbana-ghfir lana dhunuubana wa israfana fi amrina wa thabbit aqdamana wansurna 'alal qawmil kafireen

(Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and anything We may have done that transgressed our duty: Establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith) [surah Al' Imran; 3: 147]

4. Rabbana Dhalamna anfusina wa il lam taghfir lana wa tarhamna lana kuna minal-khasireen

[Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost.) [surah Al-A'raf; 7: 23]

5. Anta Waliyyuna faghfir lana war-hamna wa anta khair-ulghgfireen

((O Lord) You are our guardian, so forgive us and have mercy on us and You are the best of the forgivers) [surah Al-A'raf; 7: 155]

6. Rabbana ghfir li wa li wallidayya wa lil Mu'mineena yawma yaqumul hisaab

(O our lord, forgive me and my parents and believers on the day when the reckoning shall come to pass.) [surah Ibrahim; 14: 41]

7. Rabbi aghfir warham wa anta khayrur Rahimiin

(O Lord, forgive and have mercy, For Thou art the Best of those who show mercy.) [surah Mu'minun; 23: 118]

8. Rabbi inni dhalamtu nafsi faghfir li faghafara lahu innahu huwaal ghafur-ur raheem

(O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul! Do Thou then forgive me!) [surah Qassas; 28: 16]

9. Rabbi ighfir lee

(O my Lord! Forgive me) [surah Saad; 38: 35]

If you have any other du'as, please share them inshallah so we can have more ways to purify ourselves.
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Re: You're not perfect, so don't be among the losers

:jkk: sis excellent post :up:
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:jkk:
      i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

:jkk: sis :D

Comment

its so easy how we fall amongst the losers and dont seek repentance, yet the Prophet SAW, the most perfect of humans, used to ask for forigveness everyday:

The Prophet SAW said:It is a heavy thing for my heart if I do not seek Allaahs forgivness 100 times a day (muslim)

Comment

:jkk: excellent reminder
            The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
            (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
            In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

:jkk: excellent post
              "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
              Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

Jazakillahukhayr for the reminder:up:

Comment

mashAllah a great post...

jazakAllah sis for the reminder...

can you post the dua's in arabic (i find it more difficult to read the transliteration.. that is what it's called isnt it..? whn the arabic is written in english form..) or post the link from wher eu got the dua's from.. plz.. if u cant then its fine...
                  Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Comment

Originally posted by sunni_ninja View Post
                    mashAllah a great post...

jazakAllah sis for the reminder...

can you post the dua's in arabic (i find it more difficult to read the transliteration.. that is what it's called isnt it..? whn the arabic is written in english form..) or post the link from wher eu got the dua's from.. plz.. if u cant then its fine...
                    I have the same problem with transliteration :o

Here are the Du'as in Arabic:
                    1. لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْسًا إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَآ أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ

2. رَبَّنَا إِنَّنَا آمَنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

3. ربَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَإِسْرَافَنَا فِي أَمْرِنَا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ

4. رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

5. أَنتَ وَلِيُّنَا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الْغَافِرِينَ

6. رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ

7. رَّبِّ اغْفِرْ وَارْحَمْ وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الرَّاحِمِينَ

8. رَبِّ إِنِّي ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَغَفَرَ لَهُ إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ

9. رَبِّ اغْفِرْ
                    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                    [2:186]

.:.
                    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Patience...

Comment

subhanAllah so beautiful jkk: amin

O our Lord! Do not hold us responsible if we forget or make a mistake. O our Lord, do not lay on us a burden such as You laid on those before us. O our Lord, do not impose upon us that which we have not the strength (to bear). Pardon us, and forgive us, and have mercy on us. You are our Lord-master, so help us against the unbelieving people [surah Baqarah; 2:286]

amin subhanAllah
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Will be referring to this often.

Comment

:jkk: pippin :up:

Comment

If you have any other du'as, please share them inshallah so we can have more ways to purify ourselves.
                              I can't post them directly, maybe you could do that? Here are the references:

http://www.islamicity.com/ps/default...&ShowArabic=on

http://www.islamicity.com/ps/default...eticSearch.asp + the following ayah.
                              "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                              (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X