Doing a 10-page essay on Guantanamo Bay and Extraordinary Rendition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing a 10-page essay on Guantanamo Bay and Extraordinary Rendition

So, I have a ten page report on Guantanamo Bay and Extraordinary Rendition due for my government class on Friday. Any ideas where to start? I've already sent an email to Moazzam Begg asking if it would be okay to ask him some questions about his time in Gitmo.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: Doing a 10-page essay on Guantanamo Bay and Extraordinary Rendition

:salams
    you could write about each detainee like Muzzin Begg, Ali al Bahlul, Aafia Sidiq etc etc. you could also write about their own concept or personal view of how they felt and how it changed their entire life.
    for the extraordinary rendition part you could use examples like Abu Omar's case and link them with other different cases and compare them.
    so ermmm hope this helps InshAllah
    Last edited by OurMuslimUmmah; 20-04-09, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Here are some books:

Ghost Plane, Stephen Grey.
      Enemy Combatant, Moazzam Begg
      For God and Country: Faith and Patriotism Under Fire, James Yee
      Guantanamo Boy, Anna Perera (teen book)

Hope it goes well, inshallah
      Freedom exists only in the hereafter

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174921
        "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
        (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

look up Binyam Mohammed.
          he was a prisioner in Guantanamo and a victim of extrodinary renditiion to Morocco[*]

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Comment

Moazzam Begg just sent me an email asking for a phone interview.

However, I have something of a phobia about talking on the phone. :o
            Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Hello,
              I need to write a 5-page essay (for my Criminology class) on this topic: The Status of Guant√°namo and Extraordinary Rendition Litigation before Regional Tribunals. How can I contact at least one of the detainees for an interview? What structure should a 5-page essay have and how to outline a thesis statement? Thanks.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X